Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Companion Pass Hotel Transfers are allowed again, through March 31, 2017 only!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Pass Hotel Transfers are allowed again, through March 31, 2017 only!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by gotkwah
sounds like i should do 10,000 UR points and get 4800 RR, and spend the extra $1200 on the credit card. (I think i have already spent $600 of that so just another $600 to go)
If time allows, that's what I would do.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
If time allows, that's what I would do.
how long does it take to go from UR -> Hyatt -> SW?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:47 pm

The transfer to Hyatt was instant. The transfer from Hyatt to Southwest took 2 days.

Last edited by Critterlynn; Jan 18, 2017 at 10:24 pm
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:33 pm

I thought the temporary reprieve applied to all the banned forms of CP earning points, but SW is not giving me CP credit for e-rewards or e-miles transfers. My RR Shopping portal points are not counting either. I emailed customer service a week ago and have not received a response.

Anyone know if there points are supposed to count?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by go_hokies
I thought the temporary reprieve applied to all the banned forms of CP earning points, but SW is not giving me CP credit for e-rewards or e-miles transfers. My RR Shopping portal points are not counting either. I emailed customer service a week ago and have not received a response.

Anyone know if there points are supposed to count?
I redeemed 2,400 e-rewards on 1/3/17 before Southwest gave the temporary reprieve. Those points did not count. I redeemed 2 of the 825 point redemptions the same day from Valued Opinions for a total of 1,650 on 1/16/17 and those points did count. I had points from Rapid Rewards Shopping deposited and they also counted.

As far as I know, CPQP's from Rapid Rewards Shopping were never disallowed. I'm kind of confused why yours didn't count. I also attempted to contact them by email about the e-rewards and they did attempt to get back with me by phone but I was sleeping at the time. In the email I sent them, they were well aware of my situation and what I was wanting. Don't really know why they wanted to talk to me. They could have fixed it but they didn't.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:14 am

I redeemed 2000 e-rewards on 1-3-17. They counted for CP. I transferred Best western points for 12000 WN points on 1-8-17 after the temporary reprieve was announced. They did not count for CP. I have called CS twice to resolve this and I am still waiting to see the corrections to my RR account.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by thebetzman
Pleas help, I'm confused!!!
I just received the Chase Sapphire 100,000 points card. If I get the points posted before March 31, can I transfer those into the Southwest account and they WILL count towards a companion pass? (Yes or No?). I have called SW and they give me the vague answer of: well I don't know Chase's rules...
Thank you,
Point transfers from credit card reward programs did not count before any changes were made. I find it unlikely they would suddenly start working. This 3-month reprieve is for hotel reward program transfers.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kenban
Point transfers from credit card reward programs did not count before any changes were made. I find it unlikely they would suddenly start working. This 3-month reprieve is for hotel reward program transfers.
Transfers from Diners Club did.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Transfers from Diners Club did.
That is interesting because transfers from Chase Ultimate Rewards did not count which why I made the assumption.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:31 am

I have heard Hyatt transfers usually post on the following Tuesday - that happened for me when submitted on a Thursday, but I only have a single data point as actual evidence.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
The transfer to Hyatt was instant. The transfer from Hyatt to Southwest took 2 days.
Originally Posted by willywilkes
I have heard Hyatt transfers usually post on the following Tuesday - that happened for me when submitted on a Thursday, but I only have a single data point as actual evidence.
My Mom has a Hyatt account with 2,000 points in it, can i use them? same last name.
i would like to transfer 8,000 of my UR to her Hyatt and then 10k Hyatt to my SW account
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:34 am

I am not an expert. When doing transfer from UR to Hyatt, one of the required fields is Recipient and it lists my name as default. I do not see how to change to another person's name. So, looks like you can only transfer to account with your own full name on the other side.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SW RR, UA Mileage+
I'm concerned with the screen I'm getting. Trying to complete the Order of the Reward Certificates but when I get to step 2 of 3 to input my RR info, it shows the points being delivered as 0 @ 0 points.

http://imgur.com/a/wY5a4

Last edited by wolfsatz; Jan 20, 2017 at 3:49 pm Reason: Adding image link
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SW RR, UA Mileage+
Never mind. Called Marriott direct and had the operator book it.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Just looking for the forum's best ideas with the points that I have. Currently, my wife earned the CP in early 2016 using 2 50k CC offers and a Hyatt transfer and that CP expires the end of this year. Wondering if it's worth it to go ahead and go the TP route to extend the pass through 2018?

I have:
106,000 UR points
105,000 AMEX points
102,000 MR points
No Southwest CCs

She has:
9,000 of 110,000 CPQPs (from the anniversary bonuses for the CCs)
Premier + Plus Southwest CCs

I was thinking of doing the 250,000 MR point TP for 100,000 RR points and the remaining 1,000 CPQP points that she'd need she will get from flights this year. First thought is to transfer 100,000 UR points (UR>MR) and purchase 50,000 MR points. Also, could transfer 100,000 AMEX points (AMEX>SPG>MR) and purchase, 50,000 MR points. The only issue I'm seeing is that the MR points are in my name and the CP needs to be in her name (her companion is our daughter so that they can accompany me on work purchased trips on other airlines). Perhaps I could purchase the 50,000 MR points under her account, then ask Marriott to combine everything into her account in order to redeem the TP? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.