Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-boarders should be forced to sit in the back of the plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-boarders should be forced to sit in the back of the plane

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Thank you for the clarification.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles
New To Southwest Open Seating Musical Chairs

Originally Posted by Kevin AA
Thank you for the clarification.
Guess I must be old School. I'm used to Movie theaters having Open seats. Now Movie theaters have assigned seats. Planes use to have Assigned Seats. Now WN has Open seats. I understand the A-C group boarding system, but what happens if U are in Group C and there R no more seats. What does Southwest do then?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer
Guess I must be old School. I'm used to Movie theaters having Open seats. Now Movie theaters have assigned seats. Planes use to have Assigned Seats. Now WN has Open seats. I understand the A-C group boarding system, but what happens if U are in Group C and there R no more seats. What does Southwest do then?
If you have a boarding pass then there won't be a shortage of seats. They won't give you a boarding pass if they don't have enough seats. If they do have more passengers than seats, an oversold situation, that's when they start to ask for volunteers to give up their seat.

See the United forum for an in depth, detailed thread about denied boarding with some people giving great explanations on how it works. And lots of people who think they know how it works.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:49 pm

Ignoring the fact that this is likely a troll post, can you share with us your experience being denied a seat while holding a WN BP? No? Thought not. U must not B serious.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:16 pm

For Who the Troll Rang

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Ignoring the fact that this is likely a troll post, can you share with us your experience being denied a seat while holding a WN BP? No? Thought not. U must not B serious.
Why do U think this post is Troll? Many Americans do not fly every week. Not to mention, flying on every Airline.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:24 pm

Why do U think this post is Troll? Many Americans do not fly every week. Not to mention, flying on every Airline.
U did not answer my Q. Please provide an A if U want serious discussion. Otherwise U R SOL IMO.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
I answered your post thinking you had a genuine question but now I see that you posted in the United thread a comment about how well WN GA's handle IDB. Now I have to wonder why you would come here asking how WN handles IDB's after you already posted something indicating you have knowledge of how WN does IDB's.

So I can see where someone would be skeptical.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Now WN has Open seats.
THEY DO?!? When did that happen? How tacky.

I want to sit in my assigned seat like a second grader.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld
U did not answer my Q. Please provide an A if U want serious discussion. Otherwise U R SOL IMO.
Did not answer because it did not happen. I am trying to ascertain the rules.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by justhere
I answered your post thinking you had a genuine question but now I see that you posted in the United thread a comment about how well WN GA's handle IDB. Now I have to wonder why you would come here asking how WN handles IDB's after you already posted something indicating you have knowledge of how WN does IDB's.

So I can see where someone would be skeptical.
WoW.. The logic here is Amazing. Which college teaches that? Talk about comparing Hellcats to Big Cats. Every Airline does not have OPEN seating. Hence, every pax will not know the rules regarding OPEN seating. Moreover, my query was pertaining to OPEN seating on Southwest Airlines. Geeeeeez.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:12 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
THEY DO?!? When did that happen? How tacky.

I want to sit in my assigned seat like a second grader.
Yes, Southwest has Open seating and some ppl on this thread think everyone knows about it.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:32 pm

WoW.. The logic here is Amazing. Which college teaches that? Talk about comparing Hellcats to Big Cats. Every Airline does not have OPEN seating. Hence, every pax will not know the rules regarding OPEN seating. Moreover, my query was pertaining to OPEN seating on Southwest Airlines. Geeeeeez.
I was simply pointing out why someone might be skeptical about your post. Not sure why I thought your statement was in the UA thread but here's what I was referring to that you posted in a different WN thread
The IDB works very well in the hands of a WN GA. Thank you very much. If it is not broke U do not have to fix it.

You posted that before the post in this thread. I read what you were asking here as being about IDB not open seating. I answered your question about open seating so feel free to ignore what doesn't pertain to you. Also, your question has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Just adds to the confusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.