Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
You will see new routes from CVG coming soon. You will see CVG-MCO, FLL, HOU or anywhere else.

Here's a link:

http://www.fox19.com/story/34329267/...hwest-airlines

Southwest will have 4 gates at entire concourse A and they will bring new concessions, as well as new Consolidated Rent Car Center.

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...incinnati.html

You will hear it soon.

Let the speculation begin.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:44 pm

what time of day does it usually go out for sale?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by audio-nut
what time of day does it usually go out for sale?
Schedule extensions typically load by/around 5-6am Herb Time.

That said, be aware that things are often unstable/inconsistent until mid-morning/noonish. Its quite common to see reports of "the flight was there but now it's not", followed by "the flight is back again" & similar. There are multiple web servers that take a bit to refresh, synchronize & stabilize, hence the "now you see it, now you dont" performance.

And then there is Soutwest's crack I.T. staff
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:38 am

Also worth noting: phone lines can have especially long hold times (and Groups is usually close to impossible to reach) on release day.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by steved5480
Schedule extensions typically load by/around 5-6am Herb Time.

That said, be aware that things are often unstable/inconsistent until mid-morning/noonish. Its quite common to see reports of "the flight was there but now it's not", followed by "the flight is back again" & similar. There are multiple web servers that take a bit to refresh, synchronize & stabilize, hence the "now you see it, now you dont" performance.

And then there is Soutwest's crack I.T. staff
Looks like a slow start today. I'm used to seeing the new schedules no later than 06:00 Herb time; it's now 25 minutes past that and all I can see is that dates up to 29Sep can now be selected but no flights show up...
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: Hilton Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Looks like a slow start today. I'm used to seeing the new schedules no later than 06:00 Herb time; it's now 25 minutes past that and all I can see is that dates up to 29Sep can now be selected but no flights show up...
Seeing the same thing. Already 7:30 EST. Usually they are released well before now.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
I'm still seeing this too. I've been seeing this since ~5:40am central (I didn't check earlier than that).
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I'm still seeing this too. I've been seeing this since ~5:40am central (I didn't check earlier than that).
I was looking for it at 5:30 and nothing had been posted as of then so it must have been around 5:35ish.
​​​​​​
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by alggag
I was looking for it at 5:30 and nothing had been posted as of then so it must have been around 5:35ish.
​​​​​​
It just came up in the last few minutes...
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
Also worth noting: phone lines can have especially long hold times (and Groups is usually close to impossible to reach) on release day.
Is all this preventable?

Isn't the new res system capable of a one-year booking window?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Summary is up!!

https://www.southwestaircommunity.co...%20Summary.pdf

https://www.southwestaircommunity.co...ase/ba-p/51522

Just came in!!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

WN next schedule extension 3/16/17 from Sept 29 to Nov 3, 2017

It is time again for next schedule extension on this Thursday for September 29 through Nov 3, 2017.

Any prediction, new international routes, new domestic routes, and station closed, as well.

Let the speculation begin.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:01 pm

Given the current issues with duplicate confirmation numbers, it will be interesting to see if they don't push back that release.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by ursine1
Given the current issues with duplicate confirmation numbers, it will be interesting to see if they don't push back that release.
That would be prudent but also an admission that something's wrong and they seem to go to great lengths before publically admitting IT problems (or even admitting privately to those affected).
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The next schedule extension is on May 18, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through
January 7, 2018. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.