Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by zachary
From what I can see, STL-CHS is weekends only -- 1 flight each way on Saturday and Sunday.
Ah, ok. I was checking the weekdays, and nothing was showing up.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by beyondhere
What is also interesting is AA absent on nonstop service between TPA and LGA/JFK, even though AA views NYC as a "cornerstone" market, and it's quite big in Florida and the Southeast.
AA doesn't seem to realize there is a west coast of Florida. The single JFK-TPA CR9 was pathetic and then they even cut that a few years ago.

Lack of RSW/TPA non-stops are a part of what got me cheating on AA with DL in the first place.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
On February 23, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through September 29, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
The next schedule extension is on February 23, 2017. You will see more FLL international routes & Domestic routes, as well.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Dang. Still waiting for my nonstop CMH-LGA. I was hoping with the shuttering of CAK, we would pick up their LGA nonstop.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Originally Posted by shtimseht
Is anyone else having troubles booking or changing flights in the newly released window? I seem to be getting the dreaded "We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error" message. - I booked a few flights in June but no luck past July 4. Is it just me?
I am experiencing the same issue trying to book a few flights for June. Called in and was told it is due to the new res system. Had to complete the bookings over the phone.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Darn. I had been hoping to visit the humongous Air Force museum there some day.
It is completely worth it even if you have to drive from CMH. The museum is massive and they just opened a new wing which contains the presidential and R&D planes.

As a warning it is difficult to get done in one day. Although I would always recommend visiting some of the Wright Brothers sites around town as well if you have time.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:12 pm

We talk a lot about all of the possible new routes, but speculation for routes that will discontinued? I am a bit surprised to see how STL-MCI still have 4 daily flights at a minimum of $127 or $137 a pop (used to be at least $40 cheaper 4+ years ago). I have flown it before, and the trip to there was full, but the return had only 12 people on it...

Although I feel like such discussions would be more appropriate for the next (fall) schedule thread.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Anyone able to book GCM?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by mile ho
Anyone able to book GCM?
I believe that they only submitted their application to start flying today and that while its tentatively scheduled for June 4 it's not actually loaded yet.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alggag
I believe that they only submitted their application to start flying today and that while its tentatively scheduled for June 4 it's not actually loaded yet.
Right, not yet. They have wait for an approved from DOT. So please be patient.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Dang. Still waiting for my nonstop CMH-LGA. I was hoping with the shuttering of CAK, we would pick up their LGA nonstop.
CAK hasn't had a LGA nonstop in years...sadly
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by jco613
CAK hasn't had a LGA nonstop in years...sadly
Seems like it ended in May 2015, so I guess technically "years," but thanks for the heads-up. Sorry I never got to fly out of CAK (or DAY) on WN.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Seems like it ended in May 2015, so I guess technically "years," but thanks for the heads-up. Sorry I never got to fly out of CAK (or DAY) on WN.
I flew DEN-DAY and DAY-MCO-DAY when they still existed. It is a nice small and easy airport to fly to or from. I have actually been driving to CMH lately for more nonstop options (LAS, RSW, BOS, BWI/DCA, PHX) even though I am much closer to DAY. Probably part of the reason they are pulling out.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

WN next schedule extension February 23 for September 29, 2017

The next schedule extension is on February 23, 2017 for September 29, 2017.

Any new route, new international routes, and new city, as well. Any small city will closed?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
The next schedule extension is on February 23, 2017 for September 29, 2017.

Any new route, new international routes, and new city, as well. Any small city will closed?
I don't expect anything major. All 737-300s have to exit the fleet by then in order to bring the MAXes into the fleet. It will temporarily reduce their fleet size a little bit in September.

I'd guess more non-daily flights, maybe more international out of HOU or FLL. HOU-GCM, FLL-PUJ come to mind as missing from existing destinations they serve. WN also applied for more HOU-MEX flights but the MEX slots won't be awarded in time for this schedule release.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.