Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Route change [speculation / observations] re: WN [next / recent] schedule extension

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by jjka
Here's a summary of all the changes:

http://airlineroute.net/2016/02/18/wn-aug16/
Thank you, I was surprised not to see this at sw.com

But does nothing for me, seems real light compared with other releases.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:36 am

Sadly when FLL-NAS begins August 7th, BWI-NAS ends.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:42 pm

Why can't I book SMF-Harlingen, TX? No flights available, even though there's plenty of flights SMF-HOS and HOS-HRL!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Question from someone who (obviously) rarely flys on WN...

I'm looking at a trip almost 1 year from now - probably mid-February 2017. I know they only load their schedule for limited duration (compared to most airlines that typically load 11 months out). Looking now, I see flights loaded through early November 2016 (which is actually further out than I expected). I don't know how many times a year they do this exercise...

Can anyone estimate around when they would be loading their schedule which would include February 2017? (I see a post below suggesting that in May they should load the "holiday" schedule....don't have any idea how far beyond the holidays that covers...).

Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: HH Silver
https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html

So June 2nd is the next extension, that goes out until Jan 4th.

If this is correct and doesn't change, then probably July at the earliest.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Sadly when FLL-NAS begins August 7th, BWI-NAS ends.
Yep. I'm going ALB-NAS in November and had to book through an entirely different airline because of it. Oh well Southwest, your loss.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Can anyone estimate around when they would be loading their schedule which would include February 2017? (I see a post below suggesting that in May they should load the "holiday" schedule....don't have any idea how far beyond the holidays that covers...).
This thread may help you: Official schedule extension prediction thread
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
WN Next Schedule Extension July 7, 2016

Hi All,

The next schedule extension is on July 7, 2017 for March 7, 2017.

Any Rumored, new service, and extended for year-round long? Closed some small cities?

Let the speculation begin!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Dreams: CMH-LGA, CMH-HOU, ATL-SJU, BOG, LIM, UIO

Realistic: DAY, CAK, FNT, GRR all shuttered
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi All,

The next schedule extension is on July 7, 2017 for March 7, 2017.

Any Rumored, new service, and extended for year-round long? Closed some small cities?

Let the speculation begin!

Here is the relevant thread:
Official schedule extension prediction thread

Why the new thread since there seems to be no new news since I posted the following on May 19th?

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Travel Tools has now been updated to read:

"We are currently accepting air reservations through January 4, 2017. On July 7, 2016 we will open our schedule for sale through March 7, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
It's no use. He always starts a new thread with every schedule extension.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
It's no use. He always starts a new thread with every schedule extension.
To let the speculation begin of course!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
CMH-HOU
Given that WN is the leading carrier at CMH and HOU is a WN hub not too far, approximately 1000 miles away from it, it's surprising that it's not already flying CMH-HOU.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by NateDogg757
Have they ever had a Philly to Norfolk or even Newark to Norfolk? I would love it if the had either one of those!
I'm responding to an old post. But I know for 100% sure it never flew Newark to Norfolk. I'm pretty positive that it didn't fly Philly to Norfolk either.

It's quite scenic diving from Philly to Norfolk via this bridge:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesap...E2%80%93Tunnel

With the drive being doable and actually quite pleasant, it's probably not a route warranting a second air carrier.

And better yet, take the Cape May-Lewes ferry into Delaware first, especially over the summer.

Southwest did have a few short routes out of PHL a long time ago. It flew PHL-BDL once, which is pretty short and can be done by Amtrak in under 4 hours.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by beyondhere
I'm responding to an old post. But I know for 100% sure it never flew Newark to Norfolk. I'm pretty positive that it didn't fly Philly to Norfolk either.

It's quite scenic diving from Philly to Norfolk via this bridge:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesap...E2%80%93Tunnel

With the drive being doable and actually quite pleasant, it's probably not a route warranting a second air carrier.

And better yet, take the Cape May-Lewes ferry into Delaware first, especially over the summer.

Southwest did have a few short routes out of PHL a long time ago. It flew PHL-BDL once, which is pretty short and can be done by Amtrak in under 4 hours.
Airtran had a lot of flights into Norfolk. They were cut soon after the purchase and the remaining destinations consolidated into Richmond. Chance of opening Norfolk seems pretty low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.