Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by justhere
The card has the companion's name on it. Plus why would you need the card if you don't have anyone designated?
I will have someone, just not sure who yet, so I guess I will wait since I do have 3 more changes this year.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by vike16
I will have someone, just not sure who yet, so I guess I will wait since I do have 3 more changes this year.
Ummm...you don't really have a choice but to wait if you don't know who your first companion will be.
Old May 11, 2016, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Confirmed. I have the pass, with my wife as the companion. I used her account to book a flight for me with her points, and then added her as the companion.

Thanks for the confirmation folks ! Glad to hear it works.

Have you tried adding someone other than your wife as a companion? Does THAT work? hehehe (j/k)
Old May 11, 2016, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
We had a guy here once who had a girlfriend as Companion, broke up and started dating someone else and made her Companion, then made up with the first one and switched back. All in a very short time as I recall.
Old May 12, 2016, 6:43 am

I applied for both SW personal n business cards. Only got personal approved. Now need more 60k Southwest points. I have 70kHyatt points to transfer from Ink card. Is there's any other option than giving away Hyatt points. Don't mind spending $$ to buy points. Plz advice.
Old May 12, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by anubond005
I applied for both SW personal n business cards. Only got personal approved. Now need more 60k Southwest points. I have 70kHyatt points to transfer from Ink card. Is there's any other option than giving away Hyatt points. Don't mind spending $$ to buy points. Plz advice.
There are two individual cards.....Plus and Premier personal cards. Even if you have been denied for the Premier Business card, you should try for BOTH of the personal cards.

Try for the other personal card and get a second 50,000 bonus points that way.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by meecal
That doesn't seem right. Are you sure you met your min spend on March 10th? Don't include the annual fee and subtract out any returns.

If you truly met the annual fee on March 10th and had a statement date (not a payment due date, but a statement date) of March 25th, you should have received the bonus points on that statement and they should have showed up in your Southwest Rapid Rewards account around March 27th. Were any of your purchases with Southwest or a Hotel or Rental Car partner? That would be one way you could have over 2,000 points but not have met the min spend requirement.
I'm going through the same thing right now, it seems like... although my spending was done a little closer to the close date. I didn't receive it on the statement after I was done with the 2k+ spending, but I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow.
Old May 13, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by sorjai
I'm going through the same thing right now, it seems like... although my spending was done a little closer to the close date. I didn't receive it on the statement after I was done with the 2k+ spending, but I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow.
I just realized that in my previous post, which you quoted, I wrote annual fee but meant spend requirement.

If you truly met the spend requirement on March 10th...
Old May 14, 2016, 3:37 pm

Could it be you are going for a status match with another airline and need to make a copy of your physical companion pass?
Old May 14, 2016, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by NextTrip
Could it be you are going for a status match with another airline and need to make a copy of your physical companion pass?
Nope, have no intention of doing a status match, just am not sure yet who will fly with me. I'm not flying until later this summer so there is no rush.
Old May 15, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by meecal
I just realized that in my previous post, which you quoted, I wrote annual fee but meant spend requirement.

If you truly met the spend requirement on March 10th...
yeah I figured that's what you meant . So anyway, I checked yesterday and saw that my 50k bonus points finally posted for my SW Premier card! I was expecting to receive it on 4/14, but got it on 5/14. I'm waiting for the same thing for my SW Plus card now, where I finished the spending requirement on 5/3, but on my statement date of 5/10, I didn't get the 50k bonus. I'm expecting it to post on 6/10 now.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by JFalcNY
There are two individual cards.....Plus and Premier personal cards. Even if you have been denied for the Premier Business card, you should try for BOTH of the personal cards.

Try for the other personal card and get a second 50,000 bonus points that way.
My personal card was approved with $19k limit. I highly doubt they will approve another personal card. Recon will clearly see I have enough CL and need to use that first.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:56 am
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
My personal card was approved with $19k limit. I highly doubt they will approve another personal card. Recon will clearly see I have enough CL and need to use that first.
You apply for the second card and it will likely get "pending" status. You then call recon and ask the status. They will ask why you need another card and you tell them a reason ("I like to track all of my gas expenses separately" or "I sometimes have to buy things for work that will be reimbursed, so I want them all on one card separate from my personal purchases.") Usually not a big deal.

With yours, they then may likely go "Well, you already have a lot of credit with us" -- to which you reply: "Agreed. I really don't need 19k on my other card. Can you transfer $5-10k of that to this new card please."

Done it many, many times.

- John...
Old May 16, 2016, 9:27 am

As jgoggan said, or just decrease the limit before applying.
Old May 16, 2016, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by jgoggan
You apply for the second card and it will likely get "pending" status. You then call recon and ask the status. They will ask why you need another card and you tell them a reason ("I like to track all of my gas expenses separately" or "I sometimes have to buy things for work that will be reimbursed, so I want them all on one card separate from my personal purchases.") Usually not a big deal.

With yours, they then may likely go "Well, you already have a lot of credit with us" -- to which you reply: "Agreed. I really don't need 19k on my other card. Can you transfer $5-10k of that to this new card please."

Done it many, many times.

- John...
John, I jus got personal last week. Should I wait for a month to apply? Do u also think applying in branch can b a better option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.