Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM/SM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
Traveling tomorrow, did not gt the invitation letter/email but do have my Known Traveler Number. After a bit found where to enter it on the contact web page, called A-List line and reservationist added it to my current reservation as well.

Just printed my boarding pass at the 24 hour mark and came up TSA Pre. Nice to see it working properly for those of us with Global Entry. ^ ^ It's been a huge time and stress saver with DL this year.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA PS, AA GLD, SPG GLD, PC PLT, CC GLD
This is excellent, it'll really cut down at the waiting times at BWI. I've added by Known Traveler Number for future travel!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was just able to talk Rapid Rewards to get my known traveler number added to my existing reservations. I had added it to my profile, but apparently they had to delete my RR number from each reservation and then add it back, which then pulled in the known traveler number. This is all very new to them, because my representative was rather tentative initially, but I presume the learning curve won't be too long.

I also confirmed that if one has a known traveler number, then you don't have to wait for the opt in email from Southwest.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Went through PHX C gate, once again an agent at the beginning if the chutes pressing a left/right arrow screen and sending me to the fly-by lane. No scan of BP. What use is chute lady?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:01 pm

So is there consensus that if you have current reservations you need to call to have them updated to get pre check? Based on my experience today that would make sense. I didn't receive the message on my account, but I did add my known traveler number from global entry. I can't remember the exact day I did that. I made a new reservation yesterday and had had pre check on my boarding pass today through MCO this morning. I had another reservation that I believe was made before I added my known traveler number and pre check was not printed on my boarding pass this afternoon through TPA. The screener at MCO was surprised and said she was the first one from WN she saw going through the line.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:03 pm

FWIW, my global entry application has my first, middle and last name, while my NW profile only has first and last however everything seemed to work out.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:48 pm

Sorry if this has already been noted, but for what it's worth, I called Customer Relations and asked about existing reservations that were made *before* one opted in to pre-check. I was told that those reservations would not qualify for pre-check for those folks who are only eligible via airline opt-in. Obviously, if you have a KTN via GE/NEXUS, you can update an existing reservation via calling up WN.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: SWA RR, UA Gold, AA Plat
Texas..not true what CR told you. Just an hour ago, while waiting at the EWR gate for my flight I called SWA CR about my AUS RT that I'm taking this weekend. I booked those a month ago. The very nice SWA Customer Rep said it was her first time adding TSA PC, but she knew how to do it. However, first she verified that my profile showed the airline opt-in. If you're a valid SWA TSA PC opt-in, call CR and they simply delete your RR# on each ticket and add it back in and you're golden!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
Was pleasantly surprised when I checked in for my flight tomorrow and it showed Pre Check on the boarding pass. Not sure which was more impressive, the A-01 on the boarding pass or the pre check notation.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by ctuttle
Not sure which was more impressive, the A-01 on the boarding pass or the pre check notation.
YES!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: None
A List Preferred here, just called about a Saturday flight out of SFO, CS asked if I received the Pre Check letter or email, which I have not, it's a no go for me. Let's see about the following Friday. CS claims they are still notifying A List people about qualifying for Pre Check. I thought all it takes is search A List, make them Pre Check and the emails are automatically sent?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by travelingchumley
A List Preferred here, just called about a Saturday flight out of SFO, CS asked if I received the Pre Check letter or email, which I have not, it's a no go for me. Let's see about the following Friday. CS claims they are still notifying A List people about qualifying for Pre Check. I thought all it takes is search A List, make them Pre Check and the emails are automatically sent?
You would think that it would be that easy. Except for WN's wonderful IT and the fact it took them this long to get their system to have precheck capability
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
So if I'm reading correctly if I don't get invited I can pay for global entry ?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by poser
So if I'm reading correctly if I don't get invited I can pay for global entry ?
Correct.

Anticipate 4-7 days for "conditional approval" for Global Entry, then schedule & attend your interview in days/weeks/months.

Most folks are reporting pretty much immediate full approval within minutes/hours of your interview. I received the email approval notification before I had even made it back to my car @ the IAH international terminal garage.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA PremExec, WN A+, Hyatt Diamond
I'm a A+ with CP and received the opt in. However, my companion who flies 90%+ of the flights I do, did not receive the opt in. Has any companion received pre-check opt in when he/she only traveled as companion in the past?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.