Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Not trying to excuse LGA ( I prefer to fly to EWR and take PATH into the city ), but we did have some pretty horrible weather here.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Agree completely about the WN terminal at LGA. I'm racking my brain, but can't think of a worse WN gate area in their entire system, having experienced most of them. If I remember correctly, there is not a single place at LGA to even get a beer!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:21 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
Agree completely about the WN terminal at LGA. I'm racking my brain, but can't think of a worse WN gate area in their entire system, having experienced most of them. If I remember correctly, there is not a single place at LGA to even get a beer!
I know this is OT, but the concourse WN uses at LGA is probably the worst one out of the entire airport. Considering how dumpy a lot of the LGA concourses are, that's saying something!

Back on topic... toomanybrooks, are you saying there is now PreCheck at the WN concourse at LGA? Oddly, it was not included on the list posted at southwest.com.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Me too, at upper left just above my name. I am CP-holder, not A-list. Did not receive email. At LGA right now on B Concourse. I was handed a red laminated card explaining that I only had to remove laptop and liquids and put in separate bin. Coat, shoes stayed on.

My Companion has the Pre on his BP, but did not get such a card, perhaps because he is a minor.

Took a photo of card, which I will upload when I get to a computer.
Here is a photo of the card to save you some time. Some slower times or specific airports without a dedicated precheck line us eteh card. Its called Expedited Security. Some people call it Pre-CheckJr (TM)

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
A modified version of PreCheck is now in use at MCI! While DL and WN (once they join) will be the only airlines with 'real PreCheck', the 3-stripe clerk I spoke to this morning confirmed that this will be used for the other airlines (AA/UA/US).

Laptop and liquids still have to come out, but everything else can stay on.

Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing
Here is a photo of the card to save you some time. Some slower times or specific airports without a dedicated precheck line us eteh card. Its called Expedited Security. Some people call it Pre-CheckJr (TM)
Mine was different, with lots more verbiage.

Will upload tomorrow. Going to bed, too tired. Arrived 5.5 hours late. Took some insanely long route through Canada to travel LGA-MDW.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Nov 18, 2013 at 7:25 am
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Do the FlyBy lane and PreCheck lanes deposit you at the same ID checker?
It appeared that way to me.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
I joined GE through AA but have some flts on WN coming up. I see that my WN profile shows a place to enter a Known Traveler number but when I put mine in and hit update it stays empty.

Do I need to be invited by WN? I have 0 status with them.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by rayfes
I joined GE through AA but have some flts on WN coming up. I see that my WN profile shows a place to enter a Known Traveler number but when I put mine in and hit update it stays empty.

GE is a CBP program, not an AA program, so you're going to have to explain what you mean when you say you "joined GE through AA."
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn
GE is a CBP program, not an AA program, so you're going to have to explain what you mean when you say you "joined GE through AA."
Pretty sure the OP means that AA paid for their GE membership fee due to status.

I've got the same problem as the OP though. Trying to put my TT number in the field and hitting update results in a TT field that is still blank

Edit:
Logged out and back in and the field is filled in now. Seems like a small website bug.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Pretty sure the OP means that AA paid for their GE membership fee due to status.
Ah, sounds like a nice perk.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:17 pm

You don't have to be invited. If you've already made your reservations, you'll need to call WN at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA to have your Known Traveler number added to your reservations.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:34 pm

Quick Question:

I have Global Entry, and no status with Southwest.

When I go and enter my number in the Known Traveler Field of the Southwest Profile, it doesn't show any numbers after I hit update. Am I doing something wrong? I think it's strange that it gives me no errors and nothing shows up.

Thanks in advance!!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
The TSA Pre card handed me at LGA yesterday (lousy iPhone photo; not sure I was even allowed to take this):

Concourse B at LGA is pretty small; it only goes to B8. There were 2 BP-checking TSA agents in the hall. One checked me and handed me this card and told me to give it to the agent inside. I then went through one of two unmarked lanes. I was not paying that much attention, but as I recall there were 2 scanning belts and one walk-through person-scanner between (not the type where you hold your hands over your head). Sorry, not sure of exact terminology.

Card instructs you to take out laptop and liquids and nothing else. No need to remove coat, pocket contents, shoes, etc.

Walked through, handed card to the guy, proceeded.

To recap:

1. I am WN CP-holder. Not A-List. Did not apply for TSA Pre or get the email. Don't have Global Entry or any of those other statuses.
2. My Companion (16 years old, not A-List) did not get this card, even though TSA Pre was printed on his BP. He went though security separate from me.
3. My wife (not CP, not A-List, separate PNR as usual) naturally did not get TSA Pre. Not sure if she would have if on same PNR.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Nov 18, 2013 at 7:38 am
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Mine was different, with lots more verbiage.

Will upload tomorrow. Going to bed, too tired. Arrived 5.5 hours late. Took some insanely long route through Canada to travel LGA-MDW.
Seems to vary at each airport that offers it.

Originally Posted by jasonvr

I've got the same problem as the OP though. Trying to put my TT number in the field and hitting update results in a TT field that is still blank

Edit:
Logged out and back in and the field is filled in now. Seems like a small website bug.
Pretty sure AA doesn't offer free GE memberships based on status.. I've never seen anything in the materials they've sent in my EXP guide the last few years.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Known traveller field in profile now on southwest.com

However won't stick keeping a PASSID each time I enter it.... (Blanks the field out after clicking Update)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.