Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +

There was much rejoicing ! Yeah! It stuck today, but not the last two. Didn't help me in my last round trip, but should on the next.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
still doesn't stick for me though I see that my middle name is missing on my profile. If that's the problem I supposed I have to send a letter to WN with a copy of my birthday certificate as mentioned on their site?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by scootr29
After getting my profile updated I was hoping to get precheck on my flight tomorrow evening from MDW to GSP...no go. This is interesting because as a GE I was under the impression that once the knowmn traveller # was added to your airline profile of choice you would get precheck...Delta it has been 100%.
You were under the wrong impression. Read the thread and find out why...
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +

There was rejoicing. Sticked for me but not my wife nor our two children.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by rayfes
still doesn't stick for me though I see that my middle name is missing on my profile. If that's the problem I supposed I have to send a letter to WN with a copy of my birthday certificate as mentioned on their site?
No. Call them. I had to update my first name to match my Global Entry card. I also got a perplexed agent who insisted PreCheck would make things less secure.

When you call, just tell them you need to update your account to match your Known Traveler profile.

Originally Posted by scootr29
This is interesting because as a GE I was under the impression that once the knowmn traveller # was added to your airline profile of choice you would get precheck...Delta it has been 100%.
It's not guaranteed. I suspect you added it too late and for whatever reason your TT # didn't get sent to the TSA for vetting.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Had a chance to try out PreCheck @ BUR just now (sitting @ gate A4 at the moment). They send you down a completely isolated chute on the far left that extends past the full set of body scanners and metal detectors to a separate set up at the far end.

Dare I say the TSA staff were polite and eager to tell the PAX what could and couldn't be done. I learned that you can leave your 1QT pouch in your bag as well. I guess I could have read up but like hearing what they tell the PAX. They're probably thrilled if we made TSA PRE we are most likely low maintenance so that could explain the good cheer.

This makes 4 segments in 3 days with all of my BP's listing TSA PRE- all booked after the opt in notice. I don't know if it's supposed to cycle but for me right now it's 100%.

ymmv

Last edited by Wingrider; Nov 21, 2013 at 6:18 pm
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:46 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I didn't see TSA PRE on my BP Monday but it's on there for today's flight. Both reservations made months ago.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:52 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by rayfes
i called sw and they added my middle name
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K

Just got off the phone with a CSR who was very helpful! Informed me that you just have to have the Know Traveler number in your profile before making the reservation. If you've already made the reservation, call them and have them remove and then re-add your frequent flyer number and your Known Traveler number will stick. He double-checked our new boarding passes (we're flying tomorrow) and confirmed the Pre-Check logo was showing. ^^^
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by nsx
I didn't see TSA PRE on my BP Monday but it's on there for today's flight. Both reservations made months ago.
Going the opt-in route is random approval/denial. You may or may not get it the next one
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
couldn't get it to stick online but called and they added my middle name and TT#. Had to have it manually added to an existing reservation. Will see what happens in a few weeks for AUS-MSY
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Traveling on this past Mon. at LGA, got pre card handed to me and directed through the regular line. I was not offered Pre by SW, so this might have been that I offered my Global Entry card for ID. Got to the metal detector and told my sweater had to be worn by me or on the belt through xray, I had it on my shoulders as it was too hot in the terminal at toomanybooks noted. Got through metal detector and then they wanted to know if that was my suitcase that just came out of the xray, yes. They had to run it through again. So in the end I didn't save much time, between going through the regular line and my bag being rescanned.

I could not get my TT# on my profile today. I tried several times and signed out and back in and still no go. Called Rapid Rewards folks and they got it to go in.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
Just got off the phone with a CSR who was very helpful! Informed me that you just have to have the Know Traveler number in your profile before making the reservation. If you've already made the reservation, call them and have them remove and then re-add your frequent flyer number and your Known Traveler number will stick. He double-checked our new boarding passes (we're flying tomorrow) and confirmed the Pre-Check logo was showing. ^^^
Just wanted to update that this did work just as it was supposed to at LAX. Both me and my g/f were Pre-Checked.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:54 am

I have not been through all 31 pages of responses so I hope this is not a repeat. I just printed out our boarding passes for tomorrow (11-25) flight from TUS-PDX. My wife's pass has TSA PRE on it and mine doesn't. Neither one of us have applied thru the TSA site. I called WN and the CSR did some checking and came back with "she was just selected". I went out and checked her profile and there is no known traveler number in that field so I am wondering if this TSA PRE is just in the WN system or if it will flow through to other airlines? Neither one of us are A or A+.
Now I am wondering if it is worth it to spend the $85 to apply or just enjoy having her look back at me waiting to clear the screening area while she is laughing at me trying to keep my pants from falling down LOL !!!

GVretiredguy
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by GVretiredguy
I have not been through all 31 pages of responses so I hope this is not a repeat. I just printed out our boarding passes for tomorrow (11-25) flight from TUS-PDX. My wife's pass has TSA PRE on it and mine doesn't. Neither one of us have applied thru the TSA site. I called WN and the CSR did some checking and came back with "she was just selected". I went out and checked her profile and there is no known traveler number in that field so I am wondering if this TSA PRE is just in the WN system or if it will flow through to other airlines? Neither one of us are A or A+.
Now I am wondering if it is worth it to spend the $85 to apply or just enjoy having her look back at me waiting to clear the screening area while she is laughing at me trying to keep my pants from falling down LOL !!!

GVretiredguy
If "she was just selected" by TSA one time, she may not be again. It's on Southwest to say whether she's in their Pre-Check system and adjust yours accordingly. Might need to make multiple calls. The lead time on securing the Global Entry shortcut varies widely. I was rejected for a 1989 border violation when two Ikea wall clocks purchased in Vancouver weren't declared. They called me a "re-seller"and it has dogged me 24 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.