Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
... in Vegas on Monday there were several people in line that had no idea what the program was and were taking off their shoes, etc holding up the line.
Was this the line for the "D" Gates, or.........?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by steved5480
Was this the line for the "D" Gates, or.........?
C. At LAS there isn't precheck at D. You have to use the entrance by c and once u clear security turn left and head over to the train. It was still a lot faster than using the regular line
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:16 pm

I didn't notice it in ATL, but in Vegas on Monday there were several people in line that had no idea what the program was and were taking off their shoes, etc holding up the line.
That actually makes some sense. The TSA rules for people over 75 allow them not to take off their shoes or jackets.

Leave on shoes and light jackets through security checkpoints.
Undergo an additional pass through Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) to clear any anomalies detected during screening.

I haven't seen a lot of seniors in the line I'm just struck by how few people actually use it. But then my idea of a senior keeps getting older and older.

Another idea just struck me, Perhaps this is a graceful way fro TSA to reduce some of their stupidity. They simply make everyone eligible for pre-check who has flown more than 5 time in their life, and isn't otherwise suspicious or unknown.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
C. At LAS there isn't precheck at D. You have to use the entrance by c and once u clear security turn left and head over to the train. It was still a lot faster than using the regular line
So it's actually at what I refer to as the "Old C" on the mezzanine above and south of baggage claim (not to be confused with the "Newer C/B" at the top of the escalators at the far south end of the tickie counters)?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
That actually makes some sense. The TSA rules for people over 75 allow them not to take off their shoes or jackets.

I haven't seen a lot of seniors in the line I'm just struck by how few people actually use it. But then my idea of a senior keeps getting older and older.
Huh?

How does that make sense?

The post was about people holding up the PreCheck line taking off shoes, and you mentioned seniors, who don't have to take off their shoes as a possible reason for the holdup.

???
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
Huh?

How does that make sense?

The post was about people holding up the PreCheck line taking off shoes, and you mentioned seniors, who don't have to take off their shoes as a possible reason for the holdup.

???
The quote from the OP
There is a big discussion on this in the DL precheck forum, a week or so ago, boarding passes with the precheck symbol are now being given out to people who aren't elites and/or have precheck. It seems like a lot of seniors are getting the precheck symbol on their boarding passes and have no clue as to how the process works.
TSA Running seniors through pre-check makes some sense since by the existing rules they already don't have to take their shoes and coats off.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
The quote from the OP

TSA Running seniors through pre-check makes some sense since by the existing rules they already don't have to take their shoes and coats off.
Ahhh... Got it. That does make more sense, when you quote the correct section.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Saw on TSA's list of Precheck airports that DAL has Precheck "Coming soon". Looking better and better for WN to get Pre!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a big discussion on this in the DL precheck forum, a week or so ago, boarding passes with the precheck symbol are now being given out to people who aren't elites and/or have precheck. It seems like a lot of seniors are getting the precheck symbol on their boarding passes and have no clue as to how the process works.
I was at T2 in PHX and there was a senior citizen in front of me and was really slow. The woman behind me got really annoyed. I think it is a fine-line for the TSA - making things easier for seniors on the PreCheck line (and probably speeding up the regular line) can really alienate the people who will pay for PreCheck...
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:19 pm

Spotted at Dulles today. Add active duty military to the list.

Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by robbert
Let's all submit our inquiries about this. I just recently started using TSA Pre and it is a world of difference. Instead of the potential terrorist you become 'one of us'. I have a choice of using BWI or DCA and this is really going to influence my choice. This together with lounges in both airports that Southwest has no equivalent for. I just emailed WN about participation in TSA Pre.
I agree it's great, but one of us is the level of service like a helicopter or private plane. I flew aboard it a few times. It's sweet.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ursine1
Spotted at Dulles today. Add active duty military to the list.

Huh? No elite level member has ever committed a huge terrorist attack. Members of the military have. However, only a few are jihadists, like at Forth Hood and throwing a grenade in a tent during the Gulf War.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM/SM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dw
Presumably, in preparation for WN's participation in Pre-Check, they will add a "Trusted Traveler" field to our online profiles (probably adjacent to where "Redress #" currently appears). Once we see that, hopefully Pre-Check participation will be imminent.
We can hope! It has been a huge time saver flying with DL, and I have spent year end travel funds that would have gone to WN on DL, as A List is achieved and TSA Pre is so convenient.

Flying out of SEA on Saturday, the TSA Agent manning the elite line was instructing various WN A-Listers to the TSA Pre line, I spoke with a TSA Manager after clearing and he said he was told that WN Participation would be live before December, Great news if it's true.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
It seems as if TSA is messing with the Pre-Check procedure at several airports. It may not be as great as we thought just as we finally are seeing light at the end of the approval tunnel.
IAH also has the pre-scan for Pre-check in terminal C/Premier side and sometimes the line gets quite long. I don't see why everyone should be pre-scanned so see if you are Pre-check. It should be only if you feel you should (the little logo appears on the BP). On top of that, the last couple of weeks the Pre-check line is much longer than the non-Pre.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:30 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by TSparky
On top of that, the last couple of weeks the Pre-check line is much longer than the non-Pre.
I've noticed this as well at several airports as of late, where the line for them to scan your BP and check your ID has been longer for PreCheck than the adjacent elite line... presumably a good % of elites have PreCheck either through their airline or through global entry.

Of course, PreCheck means no nudoscope, so I'll wait the extra five min.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.