Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Looks like people can say hasta la vista to getting 2 personal cards now. This is why I implemented this strategy late last year even though I could get a 2018 CP with the California offer for just one card.

Now you will need one personal card and business card. And will have to close all personal cards to get another one.

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Not speaking directly to poster, but I usually chuckle when I hear about people that "shred" or take other measures to dispose of a card. I just toss them. If somebody wants it, then go for it.
Hmmm, 5 second to cut a card in 4 parts, and then dispose in separate cans. Time spent to correct bogus charges (yes, even on closed accounts) ... I dunno but I think I will go the shred route.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:00 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Looks like people can say hasta la vista to getting 2 personal cards now.
Not yet true. Both 50K personal card offers are still online. See the Wiki.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:03 pm

If you move fast you could get a personal card for 40k then get another card for 50k. 90L + spend points gets you close.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
If you move fast you could get a personal card for 40k then get another card for 50k. 90L + spend points gets you close.
As of now both 50K links in the wiki still have the old language
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Just went to apply for the card at 50k and both links now say "Offer Unavailable" when clicking "Apply Now"

If anyone has an active link to a 50k offer for Plus I would appreciate it.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by N104UA
Just went to apply for the card at 50k and both links now say "Offer Unavailable" when clicking "Apply Now"

If anyone has an active link to a 50k offer for Plus I would appreciate it.
I checked the 50K I used via this blogger ( it may be the same link as the Wiki) and it's also dead

https://milecards.com/1588427727/southwest-plus-50000/
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:04 pm
Original Member

50K Plus card is still available with the old language. I updated the wiki.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sou...plus?CELL=667K

So you might be able to get the 40K Premier, then, very quickly (simultaneously?) get the 50K plus card.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by pgary
50K Plus card is still available with the old language. I updated the wiki.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sou...plus?CELL=667K

So you might be able to get the 40K Premier, then, very quickly (simultaneously?) get the 50K plus card.
Thank you that link works
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:48 pm

Data points....

Wife and I each applied for both personal cards on April 3rd. Looks like we got in just in time! Anyways, we received the immediate "we'll let you know by mail in up to 30 days" for all 4 applications. We called status line the next day and heard the 7-10 business day message. Yesterday we received notice to call an 800 number to verify the applications were in fact ours. After a brief verification, we were told the applications were approved. Cards would be delivered in a week or two, despite my asking for them to be expedited. I figured I would give one more shot for the rush delivery so I called the number on the back of my Sapphire card. That agent was able to pull up the the applications and at least submit a request for them to be expedited, so they may arrive in the next 2-3 business days if they weren't already shipped out via regular USPS. Of note we did both have the Premier and Plus cards back in 2015/16, and I currently have the Sapphire. Neither of us was over 5/24.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:20 pm

Just finding out about the change in language - I'm going to try to apply for the Premier 40K and then the Plus 50K (assuming the later isn't taken down soon) but need to wait another week since the last bonus was received 4/15/16 and 4/23/16 respectively. Just wondering if anyone has experience with cutting it close on the 24 month bonus period. I don't want to wait too long, but also wouldn't want to jeopardize the bonus. Do you think the application should be held until after these dates (+ 2 years) are in the past?

Also, it will definitely be more difficult to achieve the CP with a 20K point deficit to overcome.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by UsualNoise
Just finding out about the change in language - I'm going to try to apply for the Premier 40K and then the Plus 50K (assuming the later isn't taken down soon) but need to wait another week since the last bonus was received 4/15/16 and 4/23/16 respectively. Just wondering if anyone has experience with cutting it close on the 24 month bonus period. I don't want to wait too long, but also wouldn't want to jeopardize the bonus. Do you think the application should be held until after these dates (+ 2 years) are in the past?

Also, it will definitely be more difficult to achieve the CP with a 20K point deficit to overcome.

In the past Chase has denied applications where 24 months has passed since the last bonus on that card was paid.

There is also a 60K business card
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Retale_88
Data points....

Wife and I each applied for both personal cards on April 3rd. ..
This is to other posters - not the OP.

Normally, it would not be a good idea for both husband and wife to apply at the same time. Instead, what many folks do is to apply for one spouse now. Get the Companion Pass. Wait until the end of the CP, and then the other spouse applies. Get the CP for another 1-2 years.

Also - Chase has the 5/24 rule. Both of the people in the above example just used up 2 of their credit card allowances.
JohnMI likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:02 pm

Normally, it would not be a good idea for both husband and wife to apply at the same time. Instead, what many folks do is to apply for one spouse now. Get the Companion Pass. Wait until the end of the CP, and then the other spouse applies. Get the CP for another 1-2 years.

Also - Chase has the 5/24 rule. Both of the people in the above example just used up 2 of their credit card allowances.
Whenever I read the above situation, I assume the family has at least two children and they usually fly as a group. When it's mostly just a pair traveling, your advice is (of course) spot on.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:36 am

My wife and I take it one step further, not only have we been getting CP every 2 years but one of us also goes card free for about 24 months so one of us is also 0/24 (or very close) as the need to renew CP gets closer.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
Whenever I read the above situation, I assume the family has at least two children and they usually fly as a group. When it's mostly just a pair traveling, your advice is (of course) spot on.
You are correct in our case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.