Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott GC Promo - Up to 12,000 RR Points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Marriott GC Promo - Up to 12,000 RR Points

The Marriott Gift Card fall promo is back again this year. These points were not TQP/CPQP last year and would appear to be the same this year.

Earn up to 12,000 Points on Marriott® GiftCard purchases!

Details:

Buy gifts for your friends and family, get points for you!

You can earn up to 12,000 points by purchasing Marriott® GiftCards from now through November 30, 2012.

$100 Marriott GiftCard = 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points
$250 Marriott GiftCard = 3,000 Rapid Rewards Points
$500 Marriott GiftCard = 6,000 Rapid Rewards Points

Marriott GiftCards can be redeemed for hotel accommodations, spa treatments, dining, golf, and more! Let Marriott help you get to your next vacation getaway faster.

T&Cs:

Marriott GiftCard Offer Terms and Conditions: This is an online promotion only and cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer not valid on Marriott GiftCards purchased on property, via third parties, or 1.800.813.GIFT. Promotion is valid August 1, 2012 through November 30, 2012 only. The Marriott GiftCard can be used for all purchases and services charged to a Marriott guest room. If you are not a registered hotel guest and are planning to use this card at a spa, restaurant, retail store, or other outlet, please confirm in advance that the Marriott GiftCard is accepted. The Marriott GiftCard cannot be used to secure or confirm a room reservation but may be used as payment at checkout. Marriott GiftCard purchases earning Rapid Rewards Points are not eligible for return or refund. This is a limited time, limited inventory offer. Marriott Rewards points will not be earned with the purchase of the GiftCards. Shipping and handling fees apply. $1 shipping option available to U.S. addresses only for orders less than $1,000 USD. See full Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions. All Marriott Rewards rules and regulations apply.

Rapid Rewards Terms and Conditions: Rapid Rewards Members will receive 1,200 points per $100 Marriott GiftCard purchase; 3,000 points per $250 Marriott GiftCard purchase; and 6,000 points per $500 Marriott GiftCard purchase. Only preset $100, $250, and $500 Marriott GiftCards are eligible for this promotion. Marriott GiftCards purchased in other denominations are not eligible for this promotion. Purchaser's name must match Rapid Rewards account number to receive eligible points. Maximum amount of Rapid Rewards Points eligible to earn for this promotion is 12,000 points per Member during promotional period. Member must purchase Marriott GiftCards between August 1, 2012 and November 30, 2012. Valid on new purchases only. Shipping and handling fees apply. Please allow four to six weeks for points to post to your Rapid Rewards account. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I just posted this on the Marriott forum and thought I'd ask here if the points were TQP (I already have a CP till 12/2013). Guess not

Any idea if they can be stacked with some of the cashback sites (such as topcashback which pays 5% on Marriott gift cards)?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:23 am

Which sites pay an extra 5% on Marriott gift cards? I'm not familiar with that.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: WN A-List
These promos must be working to fill up their hotels. There were exactly 3 Marriott properties with availability mid-week in the entire Portland area when I was searching yesterday.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Any idea if they can be stacked with some of the cashback sites (such as topcashback which pays 5% on Marriott gift cards)?
Not sure, but in addition to that, Amex OPEN cards give 5% cash back for spend at certain Marriott brands. Wonder if GCs from Marriott itself get cash back?

Probably not, I am guessing. I might do an experiment here.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I just posted this on the Marriott forum and thought I'd ask here if the points were TQP (I already have a CP till 12/2013). Guess not
Are these CPQP? I'm the opposite of you - I've already renewed my A+, but not CP yet !

edit-never mind i didn't read it 100% i see above chuckworth says these are not TQP/CPQP my fault for skimming it over sorry for the wasted internet space

Last edited by uclagee; Aug 13, 2012 at 12:42 pm Reason: i'm an idiot
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:11 pm

Anyone know if these will work with Marriott partner hotels like Cosmo in Las Vegas?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:29 pm

I loved this promtion last year. $1,000 gift card which we used. 12,000 points for the purchase and then 2,000 by using the RR Visa. 14,000 free points as far as I am concerned (and a reason to vacation with the Marriott Card!).

I can confirm last year they were not CPTQPs.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:07 pm

Does anyone know how the charge shows up on your statement -- would the credit card treat this as a "travel" expense? I have a Penfed credit card that gave me a summer promo of spend $1000 in travel (airfare/hotels/cars) and I'll get $100 cash back. This could work out as an extra bonus/motivator for me to go ahead and pull the trigger on 2 $500 cards.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:10 pm

Great news. Want to spend a few hundreds dollars at Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. Anyone got idea of whether they accept Marriott gift card?

Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:14 pm

Excellent. Combining this with a platinum challenge and the Fall Mega Bonus and I'm in great shape.
Thanks much!^
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by noname
Excellent. Combining this with a platinum challenge and the Fall Mega Bonus and I'm in great shape.
Thanks much!^
Exactly -- this promo comes at a great time!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Wish this came out a few weeks ago, I am about to drop $250 at a Marriott over the weekend. But for $100 of WGA, I'll still buy a $500 GC
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by dingalpha
Great news. Want to spend a few hundreds dollars at Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. Anyone got idea of whether they accept Marriott gift card?

Thanks
For room payment they should. Deposits and other things like stores, restaurants they require credit card.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:45 am

How long does it take to receive the Rapid Reward points? I just received my gift cards, the charge appeared on my credit card but no record of the points in my RR account. I'm sure they will appear but I'm wondering if anyone has received them yet - if so how long from the time of purchase did it take? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.