Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott GC Promo - Up to 12,000 RR Points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by kingarthur
Good to know. Thanks!
Might want to ask them at check-in as well to minimize hassles upon check-out since I like do to check-out on the TV etc.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sat45
I have both Marriott CC and Southwest CC. If I use Marriott CC to buy $1000, I get 5000 MR points. If I use Southwest CC, I get 2000 RR points. (Ofcourse both are in addition to 12000 RR points). I will probably go with buying using Southwest CC as I feel it has better value than Marriott points.
Are you getting 2,000 RR points for buying $1,000 worth of Marriott gift cards because it's on a Southwest site that you actually purchase them from?

I'm trying to get the companion pass this year, so I'm looking for creative ways to do so.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:12 am

Has anyone bought these gift cards yet? I'm about to buy a couple hundred dollars worth, and was wondering how the purchase posts (as Southwest or as Marriott)? The reason I ask is cause I'm going for the CP with Southwest, and if it posts as a Southwest purchase I'll probably use one of the SW cards to get 2x points. Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Originally Posted by Majikow
Has anyone bought these gift cards yet? I'm about to buy a couple hundred dollars worth, and was wondering how the purchase posts (as Southwest or as Marriott)? The reason I ask is cause I'm going for the CP with Southwest, and if it posts as a Southwest purchase I'll probably use one of the SW cards to get 2x points. Thanks!
They post to your CC as a Marriott purchase. They qualify as a hotel partner purchase = 2 points per $ spent with WN RR card. Versus 5 points per $ spent if you have/use a Marriott Rewards CC.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
How long has it taken for people to receive these cards after ordering?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Cards received in 3 bus days with express option, 5 bus days usps option.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
I ordered mine the Friday before Labor Day and received them today, so the 6th mailing day after ordering. I got $1,000 under my RR account number and will go back before the promotion ends to max out another $1,000 under my wife's RR number. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I suppose I could grab another $1,000 under my daughter's RR number.

Any reason they wouldn't allow a minor (9-year-old) to earn the miles this way?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DoctorK
Doubt you'd have a problem.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
I ordered mine the Friday before Labor Day and received them today, so the 6th mailing day after ordering. I got $1,000 under my RR account number and will go back before the promotion ends to max out another $1,000 under my wife's RR number. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I suppose I could grab another $1,000 under my daughter's RR number.

Was thinking about doing the same thing and then saw this in the TOS
"Purchaser's name must match Rapid Rewards account number to receive eligible points." So, it looks like the credit card name must match the Rapid Rewards account or am I interperting it wrong?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Xelint
Was thinking about doing the same thing and then saw this in the TOS
"Purchaser's name must match Rapid Rewards account number to receive eligible points." So, it looks like the credit card name must match the Rapid Rewards account or am I interperting it wrong?
You could always go to the supermarket and buy two $500 Visa/MC/Amex gift cards and register them online in whatever name you like.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
You could always go to the supermarket and buy two $500 Visa/MC/Amex gift cards and register them online in whatever name you like.
Interesting idea... I won't have a problem buying these in my wife's name with her credit card, but for my daughter... I may have to try this strategy. Thanks for the idea!
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Interesting idea... I won't have a problem buying these in my wife's name with her credit card, but for my daughter... I may have to try this strategy. Thanks for the idea!
I added my son as an authorized user on two of my credit cards when he was only 7... they only asked for his name, not his date of birth. So he has a credit card in his name if issues like this ever come up. Also, by the time he is 18, he should benefit by sharing my long credit history and excellent FICO score.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
I see that it takes 4-6 weeks for the points to post...was just wondering if anyone has received theirs already or is it closer to the 6 weeks?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:30 pm

Just an update, I placed my order for $800 in giftcards on 9/4 using the $1 standard shipping, and they showed up in the mail today (9/10). Looks like 3-4 business days for arrival.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:41 am
Used to be planetrain

Programs: United, Marriott
Bought $500 on 8/14, points posted last night or today, so about 1 month to post. The t&c said 4-6 weeks I believe so right on schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.