FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   New benefit for A-List Preferred: Free Drinks? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1189593-new-benefit-list-preferred-free-drinks.html)

LAXPLANNER Jan 21, 2013 11:14 am

Just spoke to Customer Relations on an unrelated matter and she confirmed that the free drinks was an error and there will be an email shortly that clears up that there are no free drinks for us.

Also, she was not sure what the failure to cancel your reservation penalty will be, but that should be released within a month or so.

Wingrider Jan 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Just to pile on, I received a letter this weekend from WN for A+ confirmation and the letter also had the free drinks listed similar to the scan posted earlier in the thread.

nsx Jan 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Wingrider (Post 20095475)
Just to pile on, I received a letter this weekend from WN for A+ confirmation and the letter also had the free drinks listed similar to the scan posted earlier in the thread.

Me too. My grin for the week.

CavePearl Jan 21, 2013 9:00 pm

On my flight today I mentioned the whole drinks for A+ to the FA. She looked at me like I was crazy. Well, there's my answer! :p

Toan Jan 28, 2013 10:41 am

Got a letter from WN today apologizing for the free drink typo and included 4 drink vouchers.

ILovetheReds Jan 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Toan (Post 20139400)
Got a letter from WN today apologizing for the free drink typo and included 4 drink vouchers.

Seeing that the legacy's all give one free drink and/or premium snack to their higher level elites, when they aren't upgraded, I don't understand why Southwest can't offer a free drink per flight to their top tier flyers. They don't offer their flyers benefits like first class upgrades, the annual choice gifts (most legacies will give top flyers gifts to chose from such as $200 vouchers and gift cards), lounge memberships (most legacies waive the fee for their top flyers).

I have had plenty of long flights where I have had four drinks along with a hot meal and didn't have to use a coupon for any of the drinks.

wlau Jan 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds (Post 20140119)
Seeing that the legacy's all give one free drink and/or premium snack to their higher level elites, when they aren't upgraded, I don't understand why Southwest can't offer a free drink per flight to their top tier flyers. They don't offer their flyers benefits like first class upgrades, the annual choice gifts (most legacies will give top flyers gifts to chose from such as $200 vouchers and gift cards), lounge memberships (most legacies waive the fee for their top flyers).

I have had plenty of long flights where I have had four drinks along with a hot meal and didn't have to use a coupon for any of the drinks.

You are talking SWA. If you want good service or good service to elites, you should stick with legacies. But I do agree with your sentiment. SWA doesn't reward or care about regular customer now that they allow people to pay $40 to jump to the BS board positions, over that of A+, is quite ridiculous.

Also, the onboard wine is one of the worst of any airline wines in recent memory and costs them about $1 at retail pricing. Walmart sells the 3-glass pack at $2.97. To give a $1 of freebie to your regular customer isn't too much to ask.

ILovetheReds Jan 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by wlau (Post 20140450)
You are talking SWA. If you want good service or good service to elites, you should stick with legacies. But I do agree with your sentiment. SWA doesn't reward or care about regular customer now that they allow people to pay $40 to jump to the BS board positions, over that of A+, is quite ridiculous.

Also, the onboard wine is one of the worst of any airline wines in recent memory and costs them about $1 at retail pricing. Walmart sells the 3-glass pack at $2.97. To give a $1 of freebie to your regular customer isn't too much to ask.

With the exception of international business class cabin wine, I don't care for wine on any airline or airport lounge.

I know some other airlines besides WN use Finlandia Vodka, and some people claim Findlandia is as good as Absolut, but I think Absolut (served on both American and Delta) is a better vodka. American and Delta both use to serve Sky which I also think is a better vodka than Finlandia.

tusphotog Jan 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Wingrider (Post 20095475)

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 20096667)
Me too. My grin for the week.

I'm a week late, but my letter said the same thing. I wonder if I should bring it with me and try for a free drink on my flight this week...

doctall41 Jan 28, 2013 3:10 pm

me too, last week

Wingrider Jan 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Today I got the no free drinks apology letter as well, but no drink vouchers.

Irony- thy name is SW PR. *sigh*

/they write themselves.