FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   New benefit for A-List Preferred: Free Drinks? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1189593-new-benefit-list-preferred-free-drinks.html)

nsx Mar 1, 2011 12:54 pm

New benefit for A-List Preferred: Free Drinks?

The Tier Status View Details page

http://www.southwest.com/account/rap...ds/tier-status

has a surprise:

Free Drinks Onboard are shown as a benefit for A-List Preferred. I haven't seen this mentioned before, so it may be an error. If not, I hope it includes Monster energy drinks!

Wingrider Mar 1, 2011 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 15955557)

"This portion of the Southwest Airlines website is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If this issue persists, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)."

alggag Mar 1, 2011 2:20 pm

I also saw that this morning.

Will you get a drink ticket with your BP ala BS, or just flash your card, or what?

illinidad Mar 1, 2011 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 15955557)
The Tier Status View Details page

http://www.southwest.com/account/rap...ds/tier-status

has a surprise:

Free Drinks Onboard are shown as a benefit for A-List Preferred. I haven't seen this mentioned before, so it may be an error. If not, I hope it includes Monster energy drinks!

Oh the irony. Even the free drink offer page won't load. So now I can't even learn about a free drink that might help make up for the web site issues....because of a website issue....:(:(

This portion of the Southwest Airlines website is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable.
Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If this issue persists, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

nsx Mar 1, 2011 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by illinidad (Post 15956462)
Oh the irony. Even the free drink offer page won't load.

That's not a working link. It needs a long session-specific code that I chopped off.

You can also reach this page by clicking View My Tier Progress near the lower left of the My Account Snapshot page.

On the page that shows the Free Drinks, when you click View Details under A-List Preferred, the details do NOT include free drinks.

After the web site trouble today, plenty of customers need a drink.

expert7700 Mar 1, 2011 3:46 pm

my guess is one set of drink coupons mailed annually with your a list preferred card

maybe it's free soft drinks, juice, cofee or tea for a list preferred

non potable water for everyone else

ftnoob Mar 1, 2011 3:50 pm

The free drink message is visible in the screen capture expert7700 included in his lengthy post at 5:04am CST.

I predict it will not include Monster, based on past precedent.

SKIEL Mar 1, 2011 4:59 pm

I thought you were kidding but I was able to get logged in for a bit and it's true. Thanks WN!

Bigez747 Mar 1, 2011 5:56 pm

Well this is good^

FSUNole Mar 2, 2011 6:36 am

A-List Preferred Benefits

I have not noticed this to date which may be due to not spending the time to understand RR2.0. However, I wanted to note that for A-List Preferred members, free drinks will be offered on the flight. Hopefully this (1) includes Monster for the non-drinkers and, since it says free drinks onboard on some pages but not others, (2) isn't a benefit that was supposed to be removed prior to launch. ^

jamesteroh Mar 2, 2011 7:16 am

The way it is worded on the site makes it sound like it's unlimited drinks:) It doesn't say one free drink per flight.

If you don't get upgraded on Delta and are medal, a lot of times you get a have one on use coupon with your boarding pass that you can use onboard for a free drink or set of headphones which is a nice little extra.

6Strong Mar 2, 2011 7:20 am

Free drinks? buy stock in Jack Daniels, because I can personally guarantee that they will be selling lots to Southwest this year!

jamesteroh Mar 2, 2011 7:36 am

Originally Posted by 6Strong (Post 15960339)
Free drinks? buy stock in Jack Daniels, because I can personally guarantee that they will be selling lots to Southwest this year!

And you'll be seeing plenty of free drink coupons for WN going on Ebay if this true as well

InkUnderNails Mar 2, 2011 7:54 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 15960442)
And you'll be seeing plenty of free drink coupons for WN going on Ebay if this true as well

We can always give them away to the serendipitous, late check in, travel naive, canceled A-list position space getters, standing in line in front of us. Tell them it is one of the other perks of A+ that they did not earn but can have anyway.

jamesteroh Mar 2, 2011 8:19 am

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails (Post 15960559)
We can always give them away to the serendipitous, late check in, travel naive, canceled A-list position space getters, standing in line in front of us. Tell them it is one of the other perks of A+ that they did not earn but can have anyway.

Well I have only flown WN on PAID trips twice in the past 12 months on cheap DTW/MDW trips (but earned CP status and earned 9 or 10 RR awards thanks to partners in the last year) so this benefit doesn't apply to me. But I still have plenty of coupons I'll never use (thanks to Southwest not keeping their word on the tan coupons never expiring) so I may put some on Ebay myself. I was drinking at the bar at Ruby Tuesdays at DTW a couple weeks ago for a RR award trip and the lady sitting next to me flies WN DTW/DEN once a month and said as soon as she gets a book she burns them on one flight so I gave her a couple of mine and she was very happy:)