FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   New benefit for A-List Preferred: Free Drinks? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1189593-new-benefit-list-preferred-free-drinks.html)

geekboy Mar 26, 2011 11:11 am

I just received my A+ card in the mail today. I thought it was going to be all "jet" black. Even though RR2.0 online indicates an expiration of 12/31/2012, the card that I just received expires 12/31/2011.

gogreyhound Mar 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by geekboy (Post 16089011)
I received the "test" e-mail but just received one without the "test" on it. The new e-mail is labeled Rapid Rewards Notifications and still has the drinks!

But the booklet that came with the A+ card lists only 6 benefits and said nothing about free drinks. Call it in the air.

tusphotog Mar 26, 2011 5:07 pm

I haven't gotten either a new card or an email, despite being A list preferred on 3/1.

I'm not feeling the luv!

CavePearl Mar 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog (Post 16107091)
I haven't gotten either a new card or an email, despite being A list preferred on 3/1.

I'm not feeling the luv!

Me either. Maybe they are saving the best 'til last... ;)

lougord99 Mar 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Under old rules my A-list would have expired on 3/21, yet I got a card. Almost no chance I will renew since WN is virtually never the low fare carrier anymore.

expert7700 Apr 19, 2011 12:10 pm

I got a letter last week with 4 drink coupons as an apology for emailing me preferred benefits which incorrectly had stated free drinks onboard.

I didn't write customer service or anything, so I am assuming anyone affected by the email error will get a similar letter.

geekboy Apr 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700 (Post 16245450)
I got a letter last week with 4 drink coupons as an apology for emailing me preferred benefits which incorrectly had stated free drinks onboard.

I didn't write either and I received this letter. Interesting that it reads that after every 10 one-ways (or 5 roundtrips), you get 4 drink coupons. I have yet to receive any under this new "system". LOL

I guess they are still working out the kinks in the system.

johnslloyd Apr 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Ditto

Originally Posted by CavePearl (Post 16107279)
Me either. Maybe they are saving the best 'til last... ;)

+1

texashoser Apr 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by geekboy (Post 16245644)
I didn't write either and I received this letter. Interesting that it reads that after every 10 one-ways (or 5 roundtrips), you get 4 drink coupons. I have yet to receive any under this new "system". LOL

I guess they are still working out the kinks in the system.

I received some coupons today too, but not part of this letter. Unfortunately, the letter did not indicate if they were from the 5th flight I took a couple of weeks ago or the SA I converted at about the same time.

whitfed Apr 19, 2011 7:13 pm

I am still wondering if any of these benefits actually are in place. I am being very sarcastic here, I know I get to board first, fly-by lines and etc... But today I try to get on an earlier flight and get put on stand by in Dallas. Three people are in front of me and I am told at the ticket check in desk before security there are 4 open seats on the flight (actually the TA wanted to sale me ticket but the GA wouldn't let her). They call up the stand bys and all three folks (none are A lister) get tickets and I don't. I was told, I was a P8 priority and they were P7, and not sure what that meant. I usually try and book correctly for work, and have never been put on Stand By, so I have no clue if I have any reason to ..... here, but the true first test to being an A Lister was somewhat of a let down.

jamesteroh Apr 19, 2011 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by whitfed (Post 16247778)
I am still wondering if any of these benefits actually are in place. I am being very sarcastic here, I know I get to board first, fly-by lines and etc... But today I try to get on an earlier flight and get put on stand by in Dallas. Three people are in front of me and I am told at the ticket check in desk before security there are 4 open seats on the flight (actually the TA wanted to sale me ticket but the GA wouldn't let her). They call up the stand bys and all three folks (none are A lister) get tickets and I don't. I was told, I was a P8 priority and they were P7, and not sure what that meant. I usually try and book correctly for work, and have never been put on Stand By, so I have no clue if I have any reason to ..... here, but the true first test to being an A Lister was somewhat of a let down.

I was curious as to how you knew they weren't a-listers.

Not sure how WN handles standbys but if they missed an earlier flight due to irrops or it was a connection that wasn't held and their first flight was late, it would make sense for WN to give them the highest priority. Where you on a full fly anytime fare? WN may clear the standby on a higher fare before someone on a lower fare.

Does WN now allow a-listers to fly standby for free without upgrading to a full fare on same day travel like the legacies? If so, another case could be that WN is going to clear someone on a WTG fare that is paying to upgrade to a full fare before someone on a WTG fare that won't be paying the fee.

whitfed Apr 19, 2011 8:19 pm

I knew they weren't A Listers because it wasn't listed on their tickets and then just to make sure I ask the GA.

I was not on an Anytime fare but did pay (would have been charged if I would have gotten on the plane) to make the move from a "Wanna Getta Way" to an Anytime fare.

As for missing their flights or being diverted, it is possible, but it was early in the morning, and the likelihood is not high. The GA would not tell me why they were higher priority than me. Or how there were 4 seats when I checked with the TA before TSA and what happened to the 1 extra seat that disappeared in 10 mins. to only allow 3 stand by passengers on.

mafuqua Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 15960743)
Well I have only flown WN on PAID trips twice in the past 12 months on cheap DTW/MDW trips (but earned CP status and earned 9 or 10 RR awards thanks to partners in the last year) so this benefit doesn't apply to me. But I still have plenty of coupons I'll never use (thanks to Southwest not keeping their word on the tan coupons never expiring) so I may put some on Ebay myself. I was drinking at the bar at Ruby Tuesdays at DTW a couple weeks ago for a RR award trip and the lady sitting next to me flies WN DTW/DEN once a month and said as soon as she gets a book she burns them on one flight so I gave her a couple of mine and she was very happy:)

You are referencing the new tan coupon booklet in your comment, right?

Can you (or anyone else out there) tell me what the deal is with old free drink coupons. For several years, the booklets would have 6 coupons and would have an expiration date printed on each individual coupon (1 coupon for beer, 2 for mixed drinks, I think it was) but you "knew" that it was OK to hand them to the attendants for a free drink regardless of the expiration date. I used to turn them in when they were 3-4 years old and NEVER had a problem. Then the booklets became a fold-out, tan in color, no expiration date and said 1 coupon for any kind of drink.

SO...please confirm: is SWA taking the OLD ones with the expiration dates.......and are they taking the newer tan ones? Which, if any, are still officially valid? Which are being accepted even though they are not technically valid?

nsx Jun 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by mafuqua (Post 16566473)
SO...please confirm: is SWA taking the OLD ones with the expiration dates.......and are they taking the newer tan ones? Which, if any, are still officially valid? Which are being accepted even though they are not technically valid?

Welcome to FT, mafuqua!

See http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...ink_coupons.3F

jamesteroh Jun 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by mafuqua (Post 16566473)
You are referencing the new tan coupon booklet in your comment, right?

Can you (or anyone else out there) tell me what the deal is with old free drink coupons. For several years, the booklets would have 6 coupons and would have an expiration date printed on each individual coupon (1 coupon for beer, 2 for mixed drinks, I think it was) but you "knew" that it was OK to hand them to the attendants for a free drink regardless of the expiration date. I used to turn them in when they were 3-4 years old and NEVER had a problem. Then the booklets became a fold-out, tan in color, no expiration date and said 1 coupon for any kind of drink.

They are no longer taking any of the expired coupons.

The tan ones will be accepted through August and after that will no longer be good (even though there is no expiration date and WN had the audacity to sell them, marketing them as never expiring).