FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   New benefit for A-List Preferred: Free Drinks? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1189593-new-benefit-list-preferred-free-drinks.html)

CavePearl Jan 17, 2013 6:14 pm

I'm working on how to upload a picture...

Hey, don't laugh. My job doesn't require me to know all this tech stuff. :D

CavePearl Jan 17, 2013 6:23 pm

okay. Gonna try this now. Hold on. I can do this.

... feeling like Goldilocks here. First try too small, second too big...

CavePearl Jan 17, 2013 6:25 pm

... and this one is just right!

http://www.harbhippo.com/sw.rr.JPG

iTanNicNic Jan 17, 2013 6:33 pm

It's true, you do get free:
  • Coca-Cola®
  • Diet Coke®
  • Coke ZeroTM
  • Sprite®
  • Sprite ZeroTM
  • Dr Pepper®
  • Diet Dr Pepper®
  • Noncarbonated Purified Drinking Water
  • Seagram’s® Ginger Ale
  • Seagram’s® Tonic Water
  • Seagram’s® Seltzer Water
  • Mr & Mrs T Bloody Mary Mix
  • Tomato Juice
  • Minute Maid® Orange Juice
  • Minute Maid® Apple Juice
  • Minute Maid® Cranberry Apple Cocktail
  • Tea
  • Hot Chocolate
  • LIFT® Coffee
  • Decaf Coffee

:D

CavePearl Jan 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by iTanNicNic (Post 20071327)
It's true, you do get free:
  • Coca-Cola®
  • Diet Coke®
  • Coke ZeroTM
  • Sprite®
  • Sprite ZeroTM
  • Dr Pepper®
  • Diet Dr Pepper®
  • Noncarbonated Purified Drinking Water
  • Seagram’s® Ginger Ale
  • Seagram’s® Tonic Water
  • Seagram’s® Seltzer Water
  • Mr & Mrs T Bloody Mary Mix
  • Tomato Juice
  • Minute Maid® Orange Juice
  • Minute Maid® Apple Juice
  • Minute Maid® Cranberry Apple Cocktail
  • Tea
  • Hot Chocolate
  • LIFT® Coffee
  • Decaf Coffee

:D

Now you know why I spend 2/3 of my life flying WN. It's all about the perks. :cool:

antinseattle Jan 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362 (Post 20071207)
And the wording difference between "free drinks" and "free alcoholic drinks" is enough to get everyone excited ???

Bring it on, but I doubt it....

Well I spend a lot of time in bars......didn't know there was a difference! You hear what you (I) want to believe.....:eek:

toomanybooks Jan 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds (Post 20071236)
...American gives a free drink and snack item on mainline (and possibly Eagle and other feeders)....

Definitely Eagle for EXPs. I got a free Heineken and snack today on ORD-LEX and did not even have to show my card.

Bigez747 Jan 17, 2013 8:46 pm

I also noticed that. I wonder if they will send out another pack of drink coupons for the misunderstanding, like they did last time

Wingrider Jan 17, 2013 9:16 pm

A dark side to this could be that they *start charging* for non alcoholic drinks in '13... and this is a preemptive strike to let A+'ers know the new charge won't impact them.

...just stirring the pot.

gogreyhound Jan 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362 (Post 20071207)
And the wording difference between "free drinks" and "free alcoholic drinks" is enough to get everyone excited ???

Bring it on, but I doubt it....

I understand the wording difference. But why list free drinks as an A+ benefit (I got my new card today) if everyone gets them? It would be like including two free bags and open seating as other benefits.

InkUnderNails Jan 18, 2013 5:56 am

If they do, I just hope it is not as hit and miss as the free WiFi listed right under it.

They will bring the drink real slow and the cup will only be half full. When you start to drink, the drink in cup will suddenly disappear and you have to refill. And only 1/3 of the flights will have them.

CavePearl Jan 18, 2013 6:05 am

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails (Post 20073746)
If they do, I just hope it is not as hit and miss as the free WiFi listed right under it.

They will bring the drink real slow and the cup will only be half full. When you start to drink, the drink in cup will suddenly disappear and you have to refill. And only 1/3 of the flights will have them.

:D Started my day off right, Ink.

joshua362 Jan 18, 2013 8:49 am

Great Inky!

Like I said, bring it on! Finally ran out of coupons on my last flight and had to buy (gasp) my last few into SF last month.

Just to good to be true. You would like there would be more of a fanfare. But since it involves alcohol, maybe its a real soft sell that you have to ask for like when they give out a free drink on certain days but don't announce it.

I'll be asking Sunday afternoon...

joshua362 Jan 21, 2013 8:26 am

Wifi Just utterly F'ing useless today on a 1/2 full plane this morning as always. Can't even post to FT without timeouts and multiple tries. I just don't get how they can offer the $6 TV option unless that's what they save the bandwidth for...

joshua362 Jan 21, 2013 9:07 am

Just had a long discussion with all THREE friendly & helpful FA's in the back galley about the "free drink" rumor.

At first they confirmed it but after a few minutes it was apparent they where mixing up the BS option with earned "status". I tried a few times to explain the differences and took away that all three really don't understand "status" as it relates to A List and A List Plus.

I guess it really doesn't matter to them inside the tube once on board so why know it? They did say they need a coupon one way or the other.

One did just read a memo about the BS slots for sale at the gate and thought it was a great deal, of which I disagree.

Still would love this to be wrong for those vacation and coming home flights but unless the machine is going to spit out a coupon(s) upon check-in, don't see it happening.

Perhaps the card should read "free snacks on board" too...

Someone who got the card should bring it on board and see what happens!