Reload this Page >

Current safety assessment of Venezuela?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current safety assessment of Venezuela?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:36 am

Can anyone give an update on the current situation?
How would you spend 14 days in Venezuela? (flying into Caracas)

Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by MDFFlyer
This thread might be in for an update. I was in Venezuela last month before the coronavirus mishappenings. I filmed some sort of vlog to show the "Venezuelan Truth" for a FOREIGNER.

Here is a part 1 vlog which shows the different aspects that us Flyertalks can consider when going to Venezuela:

https://youtu.be/kxMda7wXrsI
It was very interesting to watch your content! Thanks for sharing.
Would be cool if you could talk a bit about how expensive X is, for instance hotel, dinner, rental car etc
I guess you blend in well and could probably be taken for a Venezolano, but you also generally have good vibes which helps in these countries.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FTDDD
It was very interesting to watch your content! Thanks for sharing.
Would be cool if you could talk a bit about how expensive X is, for instance hotel, dinner, rental car etc
I guess you blend in well and could probably be taken for a Venezolano, but you also generally have good vibes which helps in these countries.
I was back in Venezuela (Caracas) in August. Place has evolved greatly. Lots of restaurants have opened. The nightlife is thriving. You can use your credit card to pay for almost everything. I only use credit card. I carry a few USDs small denominations for the rare occurrence.

1) For hotel, I always stay at the Renaissance Caracas la Castellana. Much better than the JW which is slightly outdated. Also, the Renaissance is better located.
2) Dinner, expect to play around $15-20 a meal at a very nice place.
3) I rent my car at the airport. Expect to pay about $80/day for a basic Chevy Aveo-like car. There is an app that greatly resembles Uber called: Ridery and YummyRides. Very food. Can pay directly in app with credit card.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Good to see some action on this thread.

Its some time since I have been in Caracas as my friends didn't want me to go over the past few years,

What sort of rate can you get in the Renaissance<<<<<<<<<<'

Is theTamanaco still alive and kicking? Probably showing my age with that question....
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by malagajohn
Good to see some action on this thread.

Its some time since I have been in Caracas as my friends didn't want me to go over the past few years,

What sort of rate can you get in the Renaissance<<<<<<<<<<'

Is theTamanaco still alive and kicking? Probably showing my age with that question....
It's about $130USD/night at the Renaissance. Tamanaco still alive and kicking - not as modern as the Renaissance, but an OK option (would be considered a 3-star hotel in the USA)
malagajohn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.