Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who would be the next Skyteam member?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by UA Fan
this truly is the whats left over alliance.
I dont know if I would go that far , but I do like this line from the link you provided

From now on, five flights from Yerevan to Paris and four flights from Paris to Yerevan will be operated on a weekly basis.

is there some sort of secret aircraft factory in Yerevan churning out one frame per week for export ?
Old Sep 11, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
I dont know if I would go that far , but I do like this line from the link you provided

From now on, five flights from Yerevan to Paris and four flights from Paris to Yerevan will be operated on a weekly basis.

is there some sort of secret aircraft factory in Yerevan churning out one frame per week for export ?
LOL, I noticed that, too! Funny...
Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB

Or there is some major demand for scrap metal in France
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: Iberia plus plata, TAP miles&go
Originally Posted by UA Fan
this truly is the whats left over alliance.
If is it true that DL and JL are in talks which would logical mean JL switching to Sky i think that tittle goes to Oneworld
Old Sep 11, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: FB PLT 4EVR, PC ROYAL AMB PLT
Originally Posted by JC25
did you have so trashy dreams and nightmares ? Except MH of course.

ST is unfortunately NOT able to attract any good asian cy. That's all. VN Taron, my god ...
Malaysian please. Of course it's too good an airline, and it would put Air France to shame. Sky Team is such a loser alliance. I wish I had taken out a *A membership... just look at the choices from a consumer point of view. There's a status match application incubating in my mind...
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by rispolo
Sky Team is such a loser alliance. I wish I had taken out a *A membership...
What's stopping you?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sh1982
If is it true that DL and JL are in talks which would logical mean JL switching to Sky i think that tittle goes to Oneworld
Yep, right now they are in negotiations deal from JL to have subject to be approved. Let's speculating where JL will be swapped from Oneworld to SkyTeam alliance is better logical choice. If they are have finalization approval from member boards of Skyteam.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by nomad1974
What's stopping you?
The service I get from the local AF-KLM office is what's stopping me from switching alliances. But as it will take a thousand years of flying ST to score an award ticket, ie, I will have to spend considerably more on tickets overall, I will have to take a hard look at my finances and leave the comfie/cosy and venture into another alliance. US-based airlines offer status match, and frankly, they're transparent at least. On United, you can actually book a better than average seat online as a frequent flyer without having to fall back on your airline connections.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by rispolo
...On United, you can actually book a better than average seat online as a frequent flyer without having to fall back on your airline connections.
Actually, FB Elites (or maybe just Elite+) get 'preferred' seats in Y (exit rows, bulkheads, etc) for free online, whereas ordinary folks pay (I think) 40 Euros.

-- Henry
Old Sep 13, 2009, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Henry III
Actually, FB Elites (or maybe just Elite+) get 'preferred' seats in Y (exit rows, bulkheads, etc) for free online, whereas ordinary folks pay (I think) 40 Euros.

-- Henry
Been there, done it, run away screaming. Only certain aircraft configurations allow for what AF calls Siege Plus. Otherwise, it's the airport check-in or UC that can give you a better economy seat. And you're on your lonely own if you don't know someone in the right places, believe me. Air Kafka has a tight grip on authority and licenses. Forget the call centre, they have access to a ...... little reservation system. And by the time you get to the airport, those "comfie" eco seats are mostly gone, even if you're the first in line. So transparent, Air France.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: DL GM & CRC
Olympic Air

An airline that no one has mentioned so far:

"The airline will start operations Oct. 1 with 21 aircraft and a smaller route network compared to the old Olympic. It has entered into a code sharing agreement with Delta Airlines <DAL.N> for flights to New York. Olympic Air said the deal is part of its intention to join the SkyTeam alliance at some point in the future."

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/2009...r-0b94ddd.html
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by danimal226
An airline that no one has mentioned so far:

"The airline will start operations Oct. 1 with 21 aircraft and a smaller route network compared to the old Olympic. It has entered into a code sharing agreement with Delta Airlines <DAL.N> for flights to New York. Olympic Air said the deal is part of its intention to join the SkyTeam alliance at some point in the future."

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/2009...r-0b94ddd.html
I think it would be great opportunity to see OA joining into Skyteam alliance membership in the future. It will be amazing time to see OA entry into the Alliance. I think the codesharing expansion will be done very well to get subject of Government approval. If they will have to gets finalized approval and it will started the codesharing & SkyMiles partnership. It will earned more MQM and joins the frequent flyer program with SkyMiles.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
... and further to danimal226s post

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D9AP6G3O0.htm

...The company is finalizing a code-sharing agreement with Air France, and is seeking to join the Skyteam global airline alliance , which carries out more than 16,000 flights daily to 169 countries....

I would guess that Skyteam would want to give it a bit of time to see whether the "new" OA is going to make it in the harsh world of aviation (without an umbilical tying it to the Greek taxpayer ) before deciding on whether to accept them .
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:54 am

I would guess that Skyteam would want to give it a bit of time to see whether the "new" OA is going to make it in the harsh world of aviation (without an umbilical tying it to the Greek taxpayer ) before deciding on whether to accept them .
And that's a big IF!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Henry III

-- Henry
tetetetete !! wrong : before these seats were available only for E+. Now, ...., when they are booked with 40 euros, in Y you can seat close to the toilets. I doesn't win 40 euros, I lost an advantage with FB metal. Ok, bye ST and FB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.