Search

RTW on Skyteam?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2009, 7:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honor Diamond
CRTWSKY3/CRWWJ30 - 2872 USD
CRTWSKY2/CRWWJ35 - 3240 USD
CRTWSKY1/CRWWJ40 - 3720 USD
Hello everybody, this is my first post on this fabulous forum!

ironmanjt, Can you confirm where theses prices came from, how hold they are and last what is the originating airport (JNB or SEZ)?

That sounds too good to be true... or maybe it's Y not C?

Thank You
Old Feb 26, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by igibus
ironmanjt, Can you confirm where theses prices came from, how hold they are and last what is the originating airport (JNB or SEZ)?

That sounds too good to be true... or maybe it's Y not C?

Thank You
It's definitely C - Y fares are even lower. Origin is SEZ. Fares from ExpertFlyer.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 2:54 am

Has anyone got a RTW ex-SEZ successfully ticketed at these rates?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by SEAndy
Has anyone got a RTW ex-SEZ successfully ticketed at these rates?
I have a couple calls into SEZ which hopefully will be returned Monday to see if it's possible. PM me Tuesday 3/3 for more info.

On another note....is the Skyteam forum always so quiet?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
It's definitely C - Y fares are even lower. Origin is SEZ. Fares from ExpertFlyer.

Thank You ironmanjt, I will definitly look into that then
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:05 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
FWIW, I'm investigating this as well - with a friend who's moving to the Seychelles for a couple of years in a month or so (and I was going to visit here there anyway)
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I have a couple calls into SEZ which hopefully will be returned Monday to see if it's possible. PM me Tuesday 3/3 for more info....
Would love to see how this fare works.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 1:25 am

Programs: American Airlines, Qantas
I am working with Air France to come up with an itinerary ex-SEZ:
Seychelles - France - UK - USA - Australia - Hong Kong - Seychelles
It works out at 33,000 miles. I am waiting for the quote - hopefully it will be either be ZRTWSKY2 = A$4,359 (business) or FRTWSKY2 = A$7,005 (first) plus taxes.
Two days to wait (and plan how to get to SEZ).
Does anyone know where this must be ticketed? For example, can I pay the AF agent in Sydney? Or should I expect to call SEZ up and do it from there... (hope not)
Expert Flyer seems to suggest that ticketing in australia won't affect the price - I am not sure about that, but haven't used it very much before. Any view anyone?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by smithy789
I am working with Air France to come up with an itinerary ex-SEZ:
Seychelles - France - UK - USA - Australia - Hong Kong - Seychelles
It works out at 33,000 miles. I am waiting for the quote - hopefully it will be either be ZRTWSKY2 = A$4,359 (business) or FRTWSKY2 = A$7,005 (first) plus taxes.
Two days to wait (and plan how to get to SEZ).
Does anyone know where this must be ticketed? For example, can I pay the AF agent in Sydney? Or should I expect to call SEZ up and do it from there... (hope not)
Expert Flyer seems to suggest that ticketing in australia won't affect the price - I am not sure about that, but haven't used it very much before. Any view anyone?

Hello smithy789,

AFAIK, you will have to pay the price from the starting point (SEZ) or the ticketing point (Australia) whichever is higher... Then to get the best price, you may have to Start from SEZ and pay and get the ticket issued in SEZ.

But of course, let us know if you managed to get the SEZ price from Australia... that will be nice
Old Mar 3, 2009, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK, you will have to pay the price from the starting point (SEZ) or the ticketing point (Australia) whichever is higher...
I have gotten an exZAG RTW issued by the LON office of CSA without any problems. I paid the Croatian fare, which was cheaper than the UK one. Croatia isn't an EU/EEA member, so it can't have been because of legal restrictions, either.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by graraps
I have gotten an exZAG RTW issued by the LON office of CSA without any problems. I paid the Croatian fare, which was cheaper than the UK one. Croatia isn't an EU/EEA member, so it can't have been because of legal restrictions, either.
Thank you for the info! good to see that someone got it that way. The best I've got was to book and issue the ticket by phone without being in the country. That way, I did not have to stay 7 days in that country before starting the trip.

BTW, I was refering to the term of sales (which we all know that they do not always follow )

[SALES RESTRICTIONS]
FOOTNOTE RULE TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 01NOV07. FARE RULE NOTE
- TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. TICKET MUST BE ISSUED ON
AF/AM/AZ/CO/CM/DL/KE/KL/ KQ/NW/OW/SU/UX/CZ STOCK ONLY . --- FARE BASIS
CODES SHALL APPLY AS FOLLOWS -- CXR FIRST BUSINESS
ECONOMY AF FRTWSKY1/2/3 IRTWSKY1/2/3 VRTWSKY1/2/3 LRTWSKY4
-------------------------------------------------- FOR ISSUANCE ON
ANOTHER SKYTEAM CARRIER S STOCK PLEASE CHECK APPROPRIATE CARRIER S RULE.
-------------------------------------------------- FARES FOR TRAVEL
ORIGINATING IN A COUNTRY FOR WHICH A SPECIFIED LOCAL CURRENCY FARE
IS NOT SHOWN WILL BE THE FARE APPLICABLE FROM THE USA CONVERTED TO
THE CURRENCY OF THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AT THE BANKERS SELLING RATE. ---------
THE FARE TO BE PAID SHALL BE THE FARE APPLICABLE FROM THE POINT
OF ORIGIN OR THE FARE APPLICABLE FROM THE POINT OF PAYMENT WHICHEVER
IS HIGHER.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 5:28 pm

-------------------------------------------------- FARES FOR TRAVEL
ORIGINATING IN A COUNTRY FOR WHICH A SPECIFIED LOCAL CURRENCY FARE
IS NOT SHOWN WILL BE THE FARE APPLICABLE FROM THE USA CONVERTED TO
THE CURRENCY OF THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AT THE BANKERS SELLING RATE. ---------
I think this may present a problem. I have not yet had confirmed to me by Air France / Skyteam the price in Seychelles Rupees which we can otherwise see on Expert Flyer. And on Expert Flyer, there is no option to display fares in Seychelles Rupees. I hope this doesn't mean that prices ex-SEZ will actually be charged at the ex-USA rate (regardless of what Expert Flyer states). Where does Expert Flyer source its prices from?

I have sent an itinerary ZSKY1 fare (business, 39,000 miles) with flight details to AF in Seychelles. I'll let you know what they say.

I note that flights originating in Australia qualify for higher mileage levels
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:38 pm

Round the world ex-SEZ

It''s not looking good so far. Air France have replied to my email with a quote for: ADULT FARE SCR150066

That is WAY higher than the price suggested by expert flyer of USD3321 (business).

I have sent an email to expert flyer asking who is right - Air France or Expert Flyer - and why...

Anybody else been quoted anything yet? At least AF will quote in SEZ. That suggests there is an ex-SEZ price (rather than the ex-USA default price where there is no local-fare currency.

AF in Sydney were polite and good at helping me to sort out an itinerary, but wouldn't get an ex-SEZ price for me, or even say if there was one and how much
Old Mar 15, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Originally Posted by KVS
There you go:

Code:
LRTWSKY4  1510 GBP
VRTWSKY3  1731 GBP
VRTWSKY2  2077 GBP
VRTWSKY1  2308 GBP
IRTWSKY3  4642 GBP
IRTWSKY2  5220 GBP
IRTWSKY1  6055 GBP
FRTWSKY3  9088 GBP
FRTWSKY2 10314 GBP
FRTWSKY1 11975 GBP
Thanks, would anyone have the fares ex AMS? (I assume LHR will be cheaper)
Old Mar 18, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by smithy789
It''s not looking good so far. Air France have replied to my email with a quote for: ADULT FARE SCR150066

That is WAY higher than the price suggested by expert flyer of USD3321 (business).

I have sent an email to expert flyer asking who is right - Air France or Expert Flyer - and why...

Anybody else been quoted anything yet? At least AF will quote in SEZ. That suggests there is an ex-SEZ price (rather than the ex-USA default price where there is no local-fare currency.

AF in Sydney were polite and good at helping me to sort out an itinerary, but wouldn't get an ex-SEZ price for me, or even say if there was one and how much
Any news?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.