Middle East Airlines joining Skyteam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Middle East Airlines joining Skyteam

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Looking forward to redeeming some sky miles on mea.

40k Y 60k J to Europe
And intra-middle east
80k Y 120k J

Makes intra SE Asia look like a great deal.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
MEA joins Skyteam June 28, 2012, and Delta....

continues to pretend that Skyteam has no carriers from the Arab world....

Back in 2011, when MEA first announced its intention to join ST, DL issued a press release welcoming MEA's decision to join...

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1291

and today, with MEA's official induction into ST, nada...not a word...again, just like the Saudia situation. And as of today, SV still has not been added to the list of partners in SkyMiles....

MEA now lists DL as a partner in its FF program,
http://www.mea.com.lb/English/CedarM...rPartners.aspx

but this is funny...they actually use all the AF fare codes (including Premium Voyageur W class, listing V and G classes (Delta upgrade classes) as eligible for mileage credit, etc.) under the Delta section. It's as if Delta refused to talk to MEA, and MEA had to use the AF fare codes for DL instead! LOL!

Come on, Delta, get your act together...you're an AIRLINE, you're supposed to bring people together and bridge cultural divides.....not to perpetuate this nonsense!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:21 pm
Suspended

They Are Great

Originally Posted by doglover
http://www.skyteam.com/news/headlines/20110119.html

Anyone have any experience with them?
MEA is a fine airline; first used them from Lebanon to Saudi Arabia in November 1963. I even used them during the 1975-1990 Civil War. The Ceader Lounge at BAY is wonderful. The have a long-standing agreement with AF. You will like the on-board service.

Hope DL does something about how to earn DL miles soon. Saudia has been a member for a month or so and still nothing from DL.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
MEA is top-notch. I've flown them many times through the years, and last summer I flew them on a CDG-BEY route in C class. It was no surprise that their service was far better than the AF BEY-CDG route in C. Attention to detail and very, very good food, I found. Only drawback is the meal service on the four hour flight lasted nearly three hours.

I highly recommend MEA and would encourage those looking for a new airline to try to give them a shot.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM
SkyTeam's announcment is here: http://www.skyteam.com/en/About-us/P...oins-SkyTeam-/

Effective June 28, 2012, it states:

Effective immediately, MEA customers will be able to earn and redeem miles on services operated by all SkyTeam member airlines. Members of other SkyTeam airlines’ frequent flyer programs can also earn and redeem miles when flying on MEA operated flights.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Asmara

Effective immediately, MEA customers will be able to earn and redeem miles on services operated by all SkyTeam member airlines. Members of other SkyTeam airlines’ frequent flyer programs can also earn and redeem miles when flying on MEA operated flights.
I am a member of another SkyTeam frequent flyer program but I somehow suspect that I will not be able to earn miles flying on MEA operated flights (at least not "effective immediately".)
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
MEA will have to revamp their website and network... all their flights to the USA are codeshares by either UA, AA or VA. They do not serve AMS with their own metal.

http://www.mea.com.lb/ENGLISH/PLANBO.../RouteMap.aspx
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
MEA now lists DL as a partner in its FF program,
http://www.mea.com.lb/English/CedarM...rPartners.aspx
Wow... the MEA FF program is good - nice earnings on most ST airlines in premium classes (even DL on domestic F - 200% via MEA vs. 150% via DL FF) and only 40k miles to get the E+ tier level.

I have to start calculating, if maybe I should dump BA (status gained via BMI match post takeover, anyway) for MEA and ST? If ST would only allow for lounge access on fully domestic itineraries, it would be no brainer...

BTW - redemptions are not that great - but would be OK for the secondary FF program.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
Wow... the MEA FF program is good - nice earnings on most ST airlines in premium classes (even DL on domestic F - 200% via MEA vs. 150% via DL FF) and only 40k miles to get the E+ tier level.

I have to start calculating, if maybe I should dump BA (status gained via BMI match post takeover, anyway) for MEA and ST? If ST would only allow for lounge access on fully domestic itineraries, it would be no brainer...

BTW - redemptions are not that great - but would be OK for the secondary FF program.
Qatar P,F are a full 300%
A is 200%
C,J 200%
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by TPJ
Wow... the MEA FF program is good - nice earnings on most ST airlines in premium classes (even DL on domestic F - 200% via MEA vs. 150% via DL FF) a

This may well change as it did years ago with DL. DL used to be 2X MQMs on paid FC fares, even discounted A and I fares. The airlines try to keep these things even.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:46 pm
Suspended

MEA

MEA is good but the country has hit another rough spot. Today, Saudi Arabia issued a travel warning for citizens. Difficult, that, for Gulf folks who like to cool off in the higher altitudes
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by damaxer91
You realize that he was joking, right?

On a more serious note, I think that a TLV-DXB-TLV route would be extremely lucarative
On PrivatAir equipment...
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Asmara
SkyTeam's announcment is here: http://www.skyteam.com/en/About-us/P...oins-SkyTeam-/

Effective June 28, 2012, it states:

And how did MEA/Lebanon get off the US State Dept. sh*t list? El Al and Korean Air couldn't codeshare for a while w/ US carriers due to losing their CAT I standard to FAA inspection for safety oversight issues. Or was the issue more of a political reaction to Lebanese-USA political stances?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
They haven't really; Lebanese carriers are NOT allowed to travel to the US. So we are still on THE list.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:57 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
MEA is good but the country has hit another rough spot. Today, Saudi Arabia issued a travel warning for citizens. Difficult, that, for Gulf folks who like to cool off in the higher altitudes
I hope this means less traffic on the roads of Beirut this summer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.