Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Claiming missing miles broken

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Claiming missing miles broken

Hi all,

I rented with Sixt mid April for the first time after they status matched me with Flying Blue Platinum (AF/KL's program).

I was expecting anywhere from 1000 to 2400 miles to be credited in my FB account but that didn't happen.

I tried to claim them via their website a few times throughout the second half of may, but I kept getting an error that there was an error adding the miles to my account.

I reached out to Dutch reservations last week, but didn't get as much as an autoreply back. So on Tuesday I reached out to Spanish and Danish support in CC (rental was in Spain; I live in Denmark) and Danish support gave me an autoreply saying there was an IT breach from the 29th of April until the 20th of May.

Thank you for your inquiry.

FYI! WE HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY A COMPREHENSIVE IT BREAKDOWN BETWEEN 29TH OF APRIL AND 20TH OF MAY, WHERE WE DIDNT HAD ACCESS TO OUR IT SYSTEMS. THEREFORE AN EXTENDED RESPONSE TIME MUST BE EXPECTED FOR A PERIOD.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope for your understanding.
Today Dutch reservations told me the same, saying to try again. It's still failing, as it was failing last week Thursday (so after the 20th of May).

Thanks fpr your message,

Recently we had issues on our Systems caused by a cyber attack.

All the operations have been temporarily suspended in order to fix our servers.

Now we're back to normal and the website is available again.

Please let us know if you keep receiving the same error message.
Is there any magic trick or better email address to reach out on to claim the missing miles for my rental? I don't want to wait yet another 7 days for a response.

Crappy customer service made me switch from Avis to another company, and after the status match being very swift (<24 hours response time), this doesn't really appear to be any better.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:07 am

Which link did you use? The "claim miles" section on the old UI hasn't worked in at least 18 months (when I first rented with Sixt)... so it has nothing to do with the cyber attack. Only once have my miles posted automatically (with VS) but I have no idea what the magic trick was. Three subsequent rentals are still missing, all before the cyber attack.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
Which link did you use? The "claim miles" section on the old UI hasn't worked in at least 18 months (when I first rented with Sixt)... so it has nothing to do with the cyber attack. Only once have my miles posted automatically (with VS) but I have no idea what the magic trick was. Three subsequent rentals are still missing, all before the cyber attack.
I'm using https://www.sixt.com/php/profile/bon...language=en_US or their regional variants 😊 After entering RA and last name, it asks for the internal vehicle code (which starts with 00, maybe that's part of the problem, as when I submit, they are dropped) and FB number, and then it fails.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by b12e
I'm using https://www.sixt.com/php/profile/bon...language=en_US or their regional variants 😊
Yeah, that's the one I meant. It hasn't worked in at least 18 months. Sorry I couldn't be of any help but I, too, have been looking for a solution.

Edit: in my case it pulls up the internal vehicle code automatically based on the RA number and then it still fails, so I don't believe it's related to the 00.
b12e likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Yeah, that's the one I meant. It hasn't worked in at least 18 months. Sorry I couldn't be of any help but I, too, have been looking for a solution.
Let's both hope then someone else knows the million dollar trick 😊

It's just more proof that whatever this cyber attack was, it's probably their own fault as they don't have their IT in order.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:32 am
Original Poster

I received answer from Sixt support Benelux:

Thank you very much for your e-mail to Sixt. Apologies for the time it took to get back to you.

It has been agreed with our bonus partners that special rates do not qualify for miles. These include prepaid reservations, [..], special internet offers, van and truck rentals and long-term rentals. Therefore, no crediting is possible for these rentals.
So because I prepaid the rental, I won't get miles. I asked for proof of this rule - in T&Cs or elsewhere. Let's see what they answer, when they answer.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:43 am

I received answer from Sixt support Benelux:

So because I prepaid the rental, I won't get miles. I asked for proof of this rule - in T&Cs or elsewhere. Let's see what they answer, when they answer.
They're not wrong: https://www.sixt.nl/#/deals?campaign...only=N&idpr=AF
This is why you don't get a loyalty card field in the form when you book a prepaid rate with Sixt.

Did you e-mail them and if so, using which e-mail? I'm missing three Benelux rentals.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:08 am
Original Poster

They're not wrong: https://www.sixt.nl/#/deals?campaign...only=N&idpr=AF
This is why you don't get a loyalty card field in the form when you book a prepaid rate with Sixt.

Did you e-mail them and if so, using which e-mail? I'm missing three Benelux rentals.
I prepaid, didn't book prepaid. Paid online the day before arrival.

[email protected]
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:18 am

I prepaid, didn't book prepaid. Paid online the day before arrival.

[email protected]
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
How does one pay a non-prepaid rate online the day before? I've only ever seen prepaid rates to be paid when booking and flexible rates that get charged after you've returned the vehicle. I've never seen the inbetween version.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I'll give it a go.
How does one pay a non-prepaid rate online the day before? I've only ever seen prepaid rates to be paid when booking and flexible rates that get charged after you've returned the vehicle. I've never seen the inbetween version.
not sure. The app showed a "pay now" button and I was like, why the heck not.

a prepaid rate would've been €150 cheaper than what I booked.

never doing either of those again. Or probably book with Sixt again.

beside the fact that he kept on pushing on extra insurances or a paid upgrade (rather than the platinum free upgrade), their after service has been extremely slow and not very helpful. The first answer was "we had an outage, can you try again?", second answer was "you're not eligible".

I'm extremely glad I didn't choose Sixt for my next rental early may - everything went super smooth, upgraded me for free on the spot, no deposit needed.and half the price too.
CosmicGirl likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
not sure. The app showed a "pay now" button and I was like, why the heck not.

a prepaid rate would've been €150 cheaper than what I booked.

never doing either of those again. Or probably book with Sixt again.

beside the fact that he kept on pushing on extra insurances or a paid upgrade (rather than the platinum free upgrade), their after service has been extremely slow and not very helpful. The first answer was "we had an outage, can you try again?", second answer was "you're not eligible".

I'm extremely glad I didn't choose Sixt for my next rental early may - everything went super smooth, upgraded me for free on the spot, no deposit needed.and half the price too.
Yeah, Sixt sucks. I've had much better experience with Avis over the years. I'm not using Sixt again.
b12e likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kleffen
Yeah, Sixt sucks. I've had much better experience with Avis over the years. I'm not using Sixt again.
I used to work for Avis (corporate, not an actual rental location) and thought I was biased, but my experience with Avis over the years has been a lot better. I rented Sixt because all Avis could offer me for my dates was their smallest car group at the same price as a BMW 2 series at Sixt.

at least they know I don't want any of their extras, do regularly upgrade me (B/C group car to their premium segment).

Sorry to say but Sixt lost an opportunity here to win me over from one of their competitors. Trying to upsell and not being upgraded I can live with, but then also claiming an IT breach was the cause for a 3 week outage and not answering for weeks, simply to say one of their 'default' rates doesn't qualify for miles.... if it was heavily discounted, fine.

I fly a lot, and 75% of the time rent cars (hence, Flying Blue platinum), so it'd be monthly week long rentals. My june rental will be with Avis again.

And at two of my destinations, I'll stick with the small family run rental company. They both go the extra mile. Sixt does not.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
3 rentals with SIXT as “new” client after they match my Ambassador level from Hertz

In no one rental I got my Marriott points

basically impossible to get in contact with Sixt CC and the form to require missing points doesn’t work.

what a wonderful company
b12e likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:26 pm

The cyber attack was real and the effects of it lasted longer than 3 weeks.

I always have my bonus points posted to Bonvoy and it usually takes a few months to post. For me, this has been a perennial issue, but the points always show up eventually. Several years ago, I was frustrated that the points hadn’t posted in a few months and after some back and forth with Sixt and Marriott, found out that the issue was with Marriott. For whatever reason, their system is very slow to post points after notification from Sixt and I have to contact Marriott to get a resolution. I’ve given up worrying about the car rental points posting because in the long run a thousand points or so per rental isn’t going to make a huge difference in my travels. Life is too short.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.