FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Claiming missing miles broken
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:23 pm
b12e

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by Kleffen
Yeah, Sixt sucks. I've had much better experience with Avis over the years. I'm not using Sixt again.
I used to work for Avis (corporate, not an actual rental location) and thought I was biased, but my experience with Avis over the years has been a lot better. I rented Sixt because all Avis could offer me for my dates was their smallest car group at the same price as a BMW 2 series at Sixt.

at least they know I don't want any of their extras, do regularly upgrade me (B/C group car to their premium segment).

Sorry to say but Sixt lost an opportunity here to win me over from one of their competitors. Trying to upsell and not being upgraded I can live with, but then also claiming an IT breach was the cause for a 3 week outage and not answering for weeks, simply to say one of their 'default' rates doesn't qualify for miles.... if it was heavily discounted, fine.

I fly a lot, and 75% of the time rent cars (hence, Flying Blue platinum), so it'd be monthly week long rentals. My june rental will be with Avis again.

And at two of my destinations, I'll stick with the small family run rental company. They both go the extra mile. Sixt does not.