Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt US Claims car dropped 2,000 miles away on wrong date. Charged card.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,

This is a new one for me. Any advice on who to call/contact cause their emails/phone calls are getting me nowhere.

While I was driving the car in Georgia on June 25th, I got an email the car had JUST been returned in Vegas. Not only that, it stated the car was returned in Vegas with 7,000 additional miles and out of gas. They then placed a $1200 one-way fee on my bill, $203 for an empty tank, and $30 for a flexi rental plus the associated taxes. About $1500. Then closed the RA.

I was in SHOCK. So I called immediately and told the rep that the car was in Georgia and I was calling her from the car. She asked me again when I returned the car and I repeated that the car is in GA and its currently rented out. She said someone would call me. No one did.

I returned the car a few days later and never got a bill. The next thing I know, Sixt runs my CC without my approval for the entire original invoice showing dropped in Vegas with $1500 in bogus charges. I call and am told to email customer service. Customer service responds with a 100% condescending unhelpful emailing explaining to me like an idiot what their one-way policies are and how when I dropped the car in Vegas they had the right to charge what they did.......

I nearly drove off the road I was so angry when I read that. So I filed a chargeback with my CC for the overage but am not sure what to do. I tried to call the branch but they wouldnt let me speak to anyone, so I drove over there myself and they confirmed the car is there and has been rented out and would "send the notes to corporate". Still nothing and no resolution. This is Insanity..
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by DLATL777; Jul 8, 2022 at 5:33 pm
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:06 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Any receipts from GA during time when they show vehicle is in LAS?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf
Any receipts from GA during time when they show vehicle is in LAS?
Well a full tank of gas (but it doesnt link it to the specific car) and also a hotel bill for me but again, doesn't link to the car.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Well a full tank of gas (but it doesnt link it to the specific car) and also a hotel bill for me but again, doesn't link to the car.
Guess you should have committed a parking or toll violation.

Was the car rented in GA? If so, I'm guessing the odometer is not going to add up.

They need to pull the security tapes at "both" return location.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf
Guess you should have committed a parking or toll violation.

Was the car rented in GA? If so, I'm guessing the odometer is not going to add up.

They need to pull the security tapes at "both" return location.
They finally corrected it today, but then they also revoked our corporate account simultaneously. This all seems really suspicious to me.

The odometer is off by over 5,000 miles for the record.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.