Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt US Fleet List

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: HH - Gold, Emerald Executive-Elite, Herz Gold Five-Star, Sixt Platinum
Just rented from TPA last week.
XFAR (BMW X5 or similar) reservation, got a BMW X5 XDrive40i. Clean, only minor scratches and exactly what I booked.
Was offered a Range Rover Sport for a whopping 185$ extra a day which I happily turned down.
Lot was full with cars but unfortunately didn't have time to look closer on what was there.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:26 am

Hi All

I am looking at booking with Sixt in Orlando airport, has anyone had any issues with this location and know about what cars they are currently using in the XFAZ/WFAZ group
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, UA MileagePlus, BA Executive Club, EI AerClub
The fleet list has (finally) been updated!

In other news, I found an insanely good deal on an XCAR reservation, going to book that, and crossing my fingers its a V90.
Originally Posted by Adz_h
Hi All

I am looking at booking with Sixt in Orlando airport, has anyone had any issues with this location and know about what cars they are currently using in the XFAZ/WFAZ group
Sorry for the late response!
XFAZ depends on location, in some places It is exclusively Escalades, and in some places it is exclusively X7s. You are almost certainly going to get an X7 or Escalade - AFAIK, GLS is slowly being phased out (it's not even on the Sixt website anymore).

Hope this helps!
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

It appears there is a 25% midweek discount going on on the Sixt website.
Used it for an upcoming reservation and got an XCAR for $328 all-out for 3 days! Crossing my fingers for a V90!
I'm in the Emerald Club with National, but $400+ for an FCAR was too much, so Sixt it is!
I'll report on any fleet sightings I see when I pick up!
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Removed the CT6 from the fleet, as AFAIK, Sixt retires their cars after about 12-18 months, and the last CT6's were built in Feburary 2020.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by jbk1379; Mar 13, 2022 at 3:44 pm
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Added notes for the V60 and S-Class. Will be picking up tomorrow, I'll note down what I see.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:15 am

Don't count on the normal pace of retirements during the chip shortage. Older used cars are also a possibility.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Don't count on the normal pace of retirements during the chip shortage. Older used cars are also a possibility.
Yes, that's true, however I'd imagine the CT6 isn't still in the fleet. (as it's been 2 years since the last CT6)
Picking up tomorrow, I'll report on the cars I see.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

picked up today. Got downgraded from an XCAR to an LCAR, but got a nice V60. 32k miles, but drives and feels fine.

Anyway, the cars I saw were:Jetta
Corolla
Impreza
Altima
voyager
durango
Q50
GLC
new Suburban 4WD Z71
X7
bronco sport
tundra
4runner
a lot of 5 series (all gone when i picked up)
2 series 4-door

these will be added to the fleet list shortly!

Last edited by jbk1379; Apr 26, 2022 at 4:28 pm
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:36 am

Hi all,

I am a frequent Sixt customer in Germany. However, I currently have my first US booking with Sixt (MIA - Miami International).

I got a pretty good deal for a Toyota Camry (FCAR) but I am actually planning to upgrade to a higher vehicle class. In Germany, it usually makes most sense to do the upgrade at the counter when picking-up the vehicle? Hence, I was wondering if the same holds true for the US? Otherwise I would just modify my booking right away and go for a higher class.

I know that there are no "one size fits all" answers but I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:25 pm

What is currently available in Orlando in XFAR or LFAR?

BMW? Audi? MB? Or any kind of US cars?

Thanks!

Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jbk1379
picked up today. Got downgraded from an XCAR to an LCAR, but got a nice V60. 32k miles, but drives and feels fine.

Anyway, the cars I saw were:Jetta
Corolla
Impreza
Altima
voyager
durango
Q50
GLC
new Suburban 4WD Z71
X7
bronco sport
tundra
4runner
a lot of 5 series
2 series 4-door

these will be added to the fleet list shortly!
I'm a bit puzzled, isn't the 5-series classed as an XCAR in the US? So they had them on the lot, but gave you an LCAR instead despite your booking for XCAR?

Or those 5-series weren't ready for rental yet, e.g. fresh deliveries? Else I'd been quite adamant to get one - this downgrading nonsense is getting worse in my book and then often one has to argue about a price reduction. Guess we need to be grateful to get a car at all .
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by demue
I'm a bit puzzled, isn't the 5-series classed as an XCAR in the US? So they had them on the lot, but gave you an LCAR instead despite your booking for XCAR?

Or those 5-series weren't ready for rental yet, e.g. fresh deliveries? Else I'd been quite adamant to get one - this downgrading nonsense is getting worse in my book and then often one has to argue about a price reduction. Guess we need to be grateful to get a car at all .
They answered it here:

Originally Posted by jbk1379
Yes, it is, however, the lines were really long, so by the time I actually picked up, all the 5 series were gone
Also, I’d rather have a Volvo (even if it is a V60) over a 5 Series)
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks, missed that part. S60 over a 5-series, I mean I could live with both, but hope a discount on rate was given at least as an S60 isn't a like for like replacement (S90, fine). But then, that would have meant queueing, so I guess not. Anyways, as long as OP was happy good enough.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 5:28 am

Hi,

Just rented from TPA, reserved an XFAZ and got a slip for a BMW X7 upstairs, then at the lot they had a mistake and that license plate was a BMW 470i.
They forced fed me a banged up Volvo XC90 (you should see the list of dents) which I now understand is an XFAR. Do you know the usual price ranges for these groups?
I'm furious with the horrible service so far.

TIA.
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.