Sixt US Fleet List

Old Apr 17, 2023, 1:59 am

I was looking for a rental at SFO. Using the Sixt app you can easily spot the different branches and their prices.

Turned out San Jose Airport has a far better pricing then SFO. For a 3 week trip it saves me over 300 dollar to go and pick up at San Jose. Downside ofcourse is an hour travel from SFO to San Jose, but that is doable.

I reserved XFAR, BMW X5. On the booking confirmation it states BMW X5, Audi Q8 or similar. It has been my experience the cars on the confirmation are the ones available, but we'll see.

Also a first for me at Sixt, it says in the app that I would be able to choose my car, on the day the rental starts. Very curious to see if that works well. I would really like the Audi Q8. I'd prefer the X5 over de Q7 and the Q7 over the Cadillac XT6, but not sure either of those will be an option. I'll let you know what it will eventually be.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 7:20 pm

Looks like SCAR is now mostly Corollas. They have also changed the description from Jetta or Corolla or similar to Corolla or Jetta or similar. Was told in Florida it’s 9 Corollas to 1 Jetta. New Corollas are SE trim. Nav is not activated but they have both CarPlay and Android.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 11, 2023, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by McIn79
I was looking for a rental at SFO. Using the Sixt app you can easily spot the different branches and their prices.

Turned out San Jose Airport has a far better pricing then SFO. For a 3 week trip it saves me over 300 dollar to go and pick up at San Jose. Downside ofcourse is an hour travel from SFO to San Jose, but that is doable.

I reserved XFAR, BMW X5. On the booking confirmation it states BMW X5, Audi Q8 or similar. It has been my experience the cars on the confirmation are the ones available, but we'll see.

Also a first for me at Sixt, it says in the app that I would be able to choose my car, on the day the rental starts. Very curious to see if that works well. I would really like the Audi Q8. I'd prefer the X5 over de Q7 and the Q7 over the Cadillac XT6, but not sure either of those will be an option. I'll let you know what it will eventually be.
Oke, so in the end the whole countdown to " select your own make and model" was rubbish. They 'selected the best choice for me' already, so no freedom of choice!

​​​​​ It was the X5. Pretty new, 8 months old, 10k miles and overall a very nice car. Saw mostly BMW, so I guess the rest of the possibilities are rare to get.

With around 340 bhp more then enough power, and the 4 wheel drive was nice also. It was the Xdrive 40i, in my case.
Pick up was very straight forward. I already put in all the data in the app, just a matter of showing the guy in the garage the QR code and of you can go. You can add damage to the car, that isn't mentioned already, thru the app also.

Experience so far has been good, like I'm used to in Europe.
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Couple of fleet questions please.

1. Anyone know what category the Camaro sits in? it's one of the options offered to me for pick up at the Beverly Hills branch (don't see it offered at LAX...), and I'm likely to get?

2. When reserving an electric BMW i4 (from LAX), is that what I'm likely tl get, or is there anything else in that group?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot Silver, National Executive Elite, SIXT Platinum
Recently booked RFAR at IND which was advertised as a VW Atlas but received a Chevrolet Traverse
Old Jun 16, 2023, 9:36 pm

LAX

Booked SFAR (Blazer) at LAX, received XFAR BMW X5
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 11:38 am

Got a 4 series (or similar) rented 14th July - 31st July renting out of MCO.

Does anyone know what other cars are in the fleet under the LSAR category currently? Don’t really see that many coupe options online, does the Camero fall under it maybe?

Thanks for any info!
Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Chappy12
Afternoon all,

Flying into MCO from London in Sep 23 for 3 weeks and currently have a reservation for a 7 seater SUV code XFAZ. What am I likely to get? Really hopeful of an Escalade.

Anyone had a XFAZ out of MCO recently?

Cheers

MCO is usually pretty generous- I had a X5 reserved and ending up getting a Tahoe, never seen an Escalade at MCO unfortunately

I have an IFAR I’m picking up this Sunday- we will see what I can get
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: SIXT Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Gold,
Does anyone know if they already have the new 2023 740i at LAX?
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:15 am

It looks like. Check google maps, LA Sixt station and there you will see a new picture with 2 new 7 series
AndDee likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: SIXT Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Gold,
Thank you! Found the picture. :-)
Old Jul 21, 2023, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by monius
Recently booked RFAR at IND which was advertised as a VW Atlas but received a Chevrolet Traverse
For what it's worth, RFAR is now advertised as a GMC Acadia. I have a reservation in August, so will update with what I end up receiving.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 6:53 am

Did you have to upload your driver's license in advance to the app to get the choice of car within the app on the day of pickup?
Old Aug 6, 2023, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by joe2
Did you have to upload your driver's license in advance to the app to get the choice of car within the app on the day of pickup?
That's what it had me do for the chance to pick my car. My trip is on Wednesday morning, so no comment on how well the car selection process actually is yet.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Zolor23
That's what it had me do for the chance to pick my car. My trip is on Wednesday morning, so no comment on how well the car selection process actually is yet.

The app shows me a Mercedes c class for 50 bucks more every day.. no ty
Ordpc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.