Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT... Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

SIXT... Las Vegas

Are they no longer there??? Just did a search?????
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
This has me worried, first SFO is gone from the site and now Las Vegas. Are they closing or re-locating is the big question.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:03 am

I have made reservations for November and spoke to the sixt head office and they said that the location is closed but will honor my reservation. Its just that new reservations are closed. This don't make sense that if location is closed why will they run shuttle and why they will honor me? Guys if someone living in las Vegas and can go check location physically that would be a big help for all of us. Vegas location not answering there phone.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:57 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Originally Posted by randix
Are they no longer there??? Just did a search?????
Hi randix.
I am looking into this & will update this page as soon as I receive a reply from USA Customer Service.
Thanks,
Emily
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: CX MPC Gold
This is a shame. I had booked from them multiple times over the years without any problems.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:40 pm

I hope they just moving the location not closing permanently.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:50 pm

I was on Las Vegas on 10/6 and went by their facility from the McCarran Car Rental Shuttle. The location was indeed there and looked fully stocked (a parking lot of VW Beetle convertibles and Honda Civics).
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by ExManager
I was on Las Vegas on 10/6 and went by their facility from the McCarran Car Rental Shuttle. The location was indeed there and looked fully stocked (a parking lot of VW Beetle convertibles and Honda Civics).
No BMW or Mercedes ? I wonder why Google search says it is closed permanently and also on sixt website it says no location in las Vegas.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I hope they don't close. I was just in Vegas on 17-20 Sept. and rented a BMW 4-series convertible. It was a great place to rent from. Super fast on pick-up and drop-off. At drop-off a guy ran out didn't even check over the car, and just got me to sign my final bill then I was off in a total of 2min.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:36 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

All reserved bookings @ Las Vegas will be serviced but @ this time we will not be taking any new reservations for this branch as well as San Francisco. If you have any questions, you know where I am.
Best regards,
Emily
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
All reserved bookings @ Las Vegas will be serviced but @ this time we will not be taking any new reservations for this branch as well as San Francisco. If you have any questions, you know where I am.
Best regards,
Emily
Ok and do you know the reason why ? I hope not closing ?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Just got off the phone with Sixt regarding my reservation (thanks SixtCustomerServices for the number!) in LAS this weekend. They cannot even change it and all I can hope for is a nice upgrade as Diamond from FCAR as I need to fit two more pax short notice.

Both the LAS and SFO branches are apparently undergoing renovations but shall open up again before the end of the month.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Just got off the phone with Sixt regarding my reservation (thanks SixtCustomerServices for the number!) in LAS this weekend. They cannot even change it and all I can hope for is a nice upgrade as Diamond from FCAR as I need to fit two more pax short notice.

Both the LAS and SFO branches are apparently undergoing renovations but shall open up again before the end of the month.
Great to hear that they are not closing for good
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

In the fwiw category...

Originally Posted by Oflyt
Great to hear that they are not closing for good
Drove by the Sixt location in Vegas this afternoon, I didn't see any indication of "renovation", and honestly, the place is virtually "brand new" so why they would be renovating makes little sense to me. And renting cars is not exactly rocket science, so why renovation would justify termination of service, yet somehow allow servicing past reservations, makes little sense...

They had cars there and warm bodies around, I'm not questioning that they are servicing past reservations, but the suggestion that the disruption of new service is all because of "renovation", honestly, rings hollow to me...

Someone knows the "real" story, I suspect we haven't heard it...
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by randix
Drove by the Sixt location in Vegas this afternoon, I didn't see any indication of "renovation", and honestly, the place is virtually "brand new" so why they would be renovating makes little sense to me. And renting cars is not exactly rocket science, so why renovation would justify termination of service, yet somehow allow servicing past reservations, makes little sense...

They had cars there and warm bodies around, I'm not questioning that they are servicing past reservations, but the suggestion that the disruption of new service is all because of "renovation", honestly, rings hollow to me...

Someone knows the "real" story, I suspect we haven't heard it...
May be it could be the change of management or may be something to do with audit. They might have closed the operations temporarily due to some issues and only catering previously made reservations.Your right I have seen the location and it does not need the renovation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.