Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT... Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:14 pm

I think they wanted $100/day. Probably could have been negotiated lower, but I had no interest in paying any more than what I had booked.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:41 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Can anyone tell me what kind of AWD/4WD they have on their lot at the moment? I'm planning to drive to places that require it in Feb, including Bryce Canyon and Mouth Charleston.

Also assume they are back up and running? Would you say that the company still reflects majority of their past reviews (not good)?
Thanks.

Last edited by oh_lol; Jan 17, 2016 at 5:41 am
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:15 am

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has some information regarding category XFAR at the LAS location? Are the cars fully loaded? Are the shown cars (Mercedes Benz, BMW) available or is it very likely that I will get a "Non-German" car? Has anyone made good/bad experiences with that category? ...

Thanks,
Moritz
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by moga1704
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has some information regarding category XFAR at the LAS location? Are the cars fully loaded? Are the shown cars (Mercedes Benz, BMW) available or is it very likely that I will get a "Non-German" car? Has anyone made good/bad experiences with that category? ...

Thanks,
Moritz
You'll have your selection of the ML/GL/X5 or Escalade. The German cars are the base model. The Escalade often comes in the Luxury Trim.

If you want car features, you are better off in the Escalade.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
SIXT... Las Vegas

I just drove by and the front lot is full of Audis, VW, Volvo, etc. I apologize for the lighting as the sun was in the way.

post a picture
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:48 pm

Great! Thanks a lot..

I was hopping that the Mercedes/BWMs would be fully loaded. I rented a 3 series last year in Los Angeles (Lax) and the car had suprislingy many features.

Thanks for the hint with the Escalade luxury line.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
SIXT... Las Vegas

Sixt US are base models. The BMW 3 series doesn't even have a USB port last year. Not sure about this year.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 4:05 am

That's too bad.

I have been using Sixt a lot, especially in Germany.

The cars are usually nicely equipped with NAV, heated front seats, BOSE sound system, leather package, safety package, ...

Any recommendations on what I could choose to get a fully loaded car? The Cadillac Escalade? I don't wanna be driving around in a "naked" car for about 4 weeks.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by moga1704
That's too bad.

I have been using Sixt a lot, especially in Germany.

The cars are usually nicely equipped with NAV, heated front seats, BOSE sound system, leather package, safety package, ...

Any recommendations on what I could choose to get a fully loaded car? The Cadillac Escalade? I don't wanna be driving around in a "naked" car for about 4 weeks.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sixt/...otos-info.html
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:59 pm

Thank you! Much appreciated..
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:14 pm

Was in town last weekend and rented an XFAR at this location. As other have noted, staff not the most experienced but generally quite pleasant. Initially offered Escalade as GL/GLE was not available but they eventually procured a Cal-plated X5. Good enough car with nav, plenty of power, parking sensors and plenty of room for bags and 5 people. Note that it was not a rear-wheel drive model instead of all wheel drive but not a bad rental overall.

Lot was filled with most of the standard issue Sixt cars. Plenty of CLAs, C-Class, Volvos, 3-Series and Jeeps but nothing out of the ordinary.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:58 pm

Just wanted to share my experience with the Sixt Location in Las Vegas.

My friend had booked the Mercedes E-Class or semilar group, containing BMW 5's, Audi A6's, Volvo V80's etc.

On arrival, there was 3 people taking care of customers. We were given a BMW 5' series at first, but when the guy tried to find the keys, it were just given out. Therefore, we understood, that no car is assigned to you until you enter this location.

My friend ended up with an Audi A6. He was given a choice of upgrading to an Mercedes Benz S550, for 2000$ for a week. We rejected, then they went down to 1500$ for a week, but we still rejected.

The Audi A6 was in a BASIC trim. It didn't have Navigation, Sirius XM, USB Ports. There were burn marks from cigarettes on the armrest in the drivers seat, and the car just didn't meet any of our expectations.

That is apparently what you can expect at Sixt for 400$ a week.

This was an honest review. And i wouldn't say we wouldn't rent from them again for that price. We just know what the expectations should be at now.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: LH HON
FYI - XCAR got me a 535i xdrive almost all extras on 4 day rental.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by ckx2
FYI - XCAR got me a 535i xdrive almost all extras on 4 day rental.
Thanks for sharing!

Did you have a choice between A6/Mercedes E-Class and the BMW or did they just assign that vehicle?

I heard that most cars are only base models/ base engine. I am surprised that they even have a 535..
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: LH HON
I have requested a BMW so I can't really answer your question. Haven't seen an Audi on the parking lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.