Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT... Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:51 am

A total, total, total rip off

I had my FIRST experience with Sixt Rental coming to Las Vegas paid for a Mercedes A class vehicle....looking to suprise my fianc'e for her birthday....needless to say once I had gotten to the counter excited to pick up the vehicle I was hit with a security deposit that they don't disclose FULL AMOUNT in they rental agreement....because I wasn't aware of the FULL amount at time of deposit It took me off guard and truthfully BLEW MY MIND.....this company charges you MORE MONEY for they're deposit than they do for the actual vehicle for the days that I planned on using it for which was from July 11 thru the 15th....cost me a 100 plus more for deposit.....wasn't able nor did I even WANT TO pick up vehicle at that time.....was HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED & VERY ANGRY......and on top of that RIPPED me out of $200.00 for not even SETTING MY EYEYS on the vehicle.......who does that.....this place is a ....ING DISGRACE and rip off......why would you charge ANYONE $200 for not even renting ANYTHING from you.....I believe that this place should be SHUT THE .... DOWN and NEVER, EVER reopen their doors EVER AGAIN and have the owner pay back all of the fees that was charged to the MANY OTHER individuals that had been ripped off and send his or THEY'RE ASSES to PRISON......charged me $200 dollars for not even picking up a vehicle......TURO is going to put them I PRAY out of business anyway, they have much cheaper vehicles NO DEPOSITS, high end NEW VEHICLES as well, quick and easy in and out rentals GREAT customer service, NO PAPERWORK, online service......LOVE, LOVE, LOVE not having all the unnecessary hassles of dealing with the LIES, SCHEMES, RIP OFFS and all of this done with a smile.......So if you want to pay all of your HARD EARNED MONEY to a company that will RIP YOU OFF then SIXT RENTAL CAR is for you.....I will NEVER patronize their business again and will encourage ALL those that I know not to do so as well.....I WILL CONTINUE to write post like this....this is VERY UNSETTLING FOR ME......
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:59 pm

1) It sounds like you used a debit card. Most rental companies treat it differently, because of a higher risk of unrecoverable charges in the event of theft or damage.

2) Turo has a different business model. Some people like it. Some people don't. Also, Sixt can do one-ways. This is common within a region like the Southwest.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:51 pm

I dont even understand the complaint here- they took out a deposit but had you rented, you'd get it back? Dont all companies do this?
Auto Enthusiast and kxc262 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
What is the status on the big luxury cars such as a 7-series vs. S-Class
Ordpc likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:59 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Originally Posted by bthobe
What is the status on the big luxury cars such as a 7-series vs. S-Class
So just got back from Vegas a couple of days ago and it was primarily all BMW products from Z4-8 series. No Mercedes products insight for this past weekend. Personally just rented a BMW 740i LWB which other then the annoying oil change warning coming on every time I started the car, was fantastic!
Ordpc and kxc262 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by NBNY424
I dont even understand the complaint here- they took out a deposit but had you rented, you'd get it back? Dont all companies do this?
I was more amused at his poor fiance being "surprised by a Merc A Class". Not much of a treat!
Dan98 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 8:07 am
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Booked a BMW 4 series Coupe or similar. Does anyone has any idea what to expect. It seems most of their fleet in LAS in BMW, so good chance on actually getting this car?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:04 am

Any recent experience?
Booked in premium mystery class in December doing one-way from LAS to LAX
Wondering how is the SIXT fleet in LAS?
Can platinum member choose the car via APP at this location? Didn't expect any fancy upgrade but hopefully to get a beemer with lower mileage

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:29 pm

Platinum status acknowledged, no upgrade offered. Got a 3 series with 4K mileage… all levels of BMW present, along with a small fleet of Bentley’s for the discerning customer.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 5:37 pm

Anyone rent from here recently? Going in April and have a XFAZ reserved. Wondering what that class has been looking like the lsat few months. I have read/heard they usually have a good supply of BMW's which would be fine if got X7. The phone rep person was unable to give me much detail about what they have more of in stock there.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:28 pm

I walked the aisles when I was there recently and saw X7’s, Escalades and a number of GMC Yukons in both Z71 and Denali trims.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:13 pm

Nice! Thank you. Would be sweet to snag an X7 and maybe even an Escalade if it's in the category.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.