Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT... Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:16 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi Martin,

I'm really sorry to hear about your recent negative experience during your last rental. We never like to hear that our customers have been left unsatisfied or disheartened.

Sixt is proud to be recognised globally for the exceptional service that it provides to its customers and we regret that on this occasion our usual high standards were not met.

If you would like to send me your reservation details in a private message I would be more than happy to resolve your issue and get you thinking positive once more

Best Regards
Pete

Originally Posted by MartinN86
Just wanted to share my experience with the Sixt Location in Las Vegas.

My friend had booked the Mercedes E-Class or semilar group, containing BMW 5's, Audi A6's, Volvo V80's etc.

On arrival, there was 3 people taking care of customers. We were given a BMW 5' series at first, but when the guy tried to find the keys, it were just given out. Therefore, we understood, that no car is assigned to you until you enter this location.

My friend ended up with an Audi A6. He was given a choice of upgrading to an Mercedes Benz S550, for 2000$ for a week. We rejected, then they went down to 1500$ for a week, but we still rejected.

The Audi A6 was in a BASIC trim. It didn't have Navigation, Sirius XM, USB Ports. There were burn marks from cigarettes on the armrest in the drivers seat, and the car just didn't meet any of our expectations.

That is apparently what you can expect at Sixt for 400$ a week.

This was an honest review. And i wouldn't say we wouldn't rent from them again for that price. We just know what the expectations should be at now.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:06 am

STAR - Las Vegas

Hello Pete,

I was wondering if you could provide me with some information regarding the available cars at LAS in the convertible category "STAR". I would love to rent a Mustang Convertible.

Further, which Mustangs are available in that category? Mustang GT? Eco Boost? V6?

Thanks a lot.

Best,
Moritz
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:13 am

Hi Moritz,

Apologies for the delay, the vehicles in group STAR at the Las Vegas Airport are the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro 3.6, both being convertibles

If you require any further assistance please let me know.

Best Regards
Pete

Originally Posted by moga1704
Hello Pete,

I was wondering if you could provide me with some information regarding the available cars at LAS in the convertible category "STAR". I would love to rent a Mustang Convertible.

Further, which Mustangs are available in that category? Mustang GT? Eco Boost? V6?

Thanks a lot.

Best,
Moritz
Old Mar 6, 2016, 9:56 am

I booked LCAR for my upcoming one week summer trip in Vegas. What car is the one i`am going to get with Platinum status upgrade?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:18 am

Hi Leo,

The next available upgrade that you would receive with your Platinum status would be a BMW 5 series, Mercedes-Benz E-Class or a Cadillac XTS.

We hope this solves your query but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards
Pete

Originally Posted by Leo123
I booked LCAR for my upcoming one week summer trip in Vegas. What car is the one i`am going to get with Platinum status upgrade?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:54 pm

Hi
I booked a PCAR group in Las Vegas for one week, the return will be in San Francisco.
I'll try to change to Dodge Challenger (if it's available).

Can someone tell me if is possible? I don't kown which the group class is the Charger. It's not defined on Sixt website

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:17 am

Hi,

Please book the following groups to guarantee the vehicle you will receive.

XSAR
Dodge Charger RT V8 *Guaranteed*

XSAJ
DODGE CHALLENGER *Guaranteed*

If you require any further assistance please let me know.

Pete

Originally Posted by obert Alex
Hi
I booked a PCAR group in Las Vegas for one week, the return will be in San Francisco.
I'll try to change to Dodge Challenger (if it's available).

Can someone tell me if is possible? I don't kown which the group class is the Charger. It's not defined on Sixt website

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
XCAR

I've booked XCAR for 8 days in LAS over Labor day's weekend. I'm Sixt Plat. What am I likely to get? Any tips for better results?

Is it also $1500 minimum credit card hold? That's what I've experienced in SFO and LAX.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat Pro
Hi Pete,

I've booked an XFAR at LAS for April 7. What cars are currently in this group? Also, what car might I be upgraded to with my platinum status?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:20 pm

I used SixT for the first time recently. I booked an LCAR for a trip to LAS. I was a little apprehensive about using SixT after coming across this thread, but SixT matched my status, so I figured why not give it a shot. Here's my experience.

Just like everyone says, take the main rental car shuttle from LAS. You can literally see the SixT location a bit down and across the street from there. It's probably a 5-10 min walk, but the shuttle will come to taxi stand 4, and take 2-3 minutes to drive you there. It's a SixT shuttle, don't take another company shuttle. I saw Fox shuttles there too.

The location has 4 counters, only 3 were staffed while I was there. There's no express line. I was 3rd in a line of maybe 7-8? It took about 25 minutes waiting my turn. The representatives seem disorganized and are constantly leaving for the back or to the other desks looking for cars/keys, so nothing seems to move quickly.

I booked an LCAR (3 series, C class, ATS), and was previously matched to SixT platinum, which gives you a double upgrade. I mentioned this immediately at checkin, not wanting to waste time. The rep disappeared for 5 minutes, came back with a CTS. I asked if there was anything else. Nothing. She told me this was a double upgrade, at which point I told her that's only a single class upgrade. She then told me the LCAR I booked would be a Volvo S60. Despite that being a PCAR on the website, how convenient. There was no option of a 5 series, E class or XTS, as mentioned above for the platinum upgrade for an LCAR. I asked her to make sure that's all she had, when she offered up an SRX. I relented and took the CTS. Not even 5 seconds later, another agent came up about to grab the CTS keys to give the CTS to another customer. During my 25 minutes in line, I saw this same thing happen; two customers being given 1 X5, someone else told their car wouldn't be available until tomorrow.

So SixT has nice cars, and competitive rates. However, what car you get seems to be a matter of timing and luck, no about your status, upgrades or what you even booked. I would not recommend SixT, even if they match your status.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:25 am

No XFAR at Las?
I've tried to book a XFAR at Las at different dates, between 3 days and one week. XFAR didn't show up a single time, not even next year.
Is XFAR gone from Las?
Old May 6, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
deleted - wrong thread

Last edited by aCavalierInCoach; May 7, 2016 at 7:11 am
Old May 31, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Okay I was at Sixt LAS Mid-May to switch a car (long story) from a Mercedes GLA (PFAR) back to my booked LCAR category. There were a good bunch of cars on the lot for PFAR (GLA and XC60), LCAR (C-Class, 3-series, S80) and some LFAR (X3). XCAR had a few A6 sitting around, but don't think I saw a 5-series or E-Class. Similar XFAR (X5 etc.) was rare to non-exitent.

However, I interacted with Sixt stations in PHX (original rental point) and LAS and the common theme was that their cars were "out of days" or "out of miles" to be rented out at all or to be rented out to people returning at a different station like I was planning in SFO. That part was super annoying and led to a few issues in PHX which I may address in a another post related to that station.

Basically, from what I understood, for example, depending on model / make Sixt returns cars after 6 months to dealers or when they hit a certain mileage, e.g. 20k mls IIRC. Given I had a 10 day rental covering maybe 1,500mls I was immediately "ineligible" for 2/3 of the cars on the lot and my option were dramatically reduced.

I heard for LAS station that they are waiting to receive approx. 300 new cars from corporate (via dealers) and that this "shortage" reduces availability and what they can offer to renters, especially folks going one-way.

However, station staff was very helpful in my case and managed to produce an S80 for me (my original booking was LCAR, but PHX had problems to give a car in that category) instead of that pesky little Mercedes GLA which is a rather rubbish ride in my book (also quite small, undersized engine, small tank as Hybrid, couldn't cool car well in Arizona heat, etc.). Within PFAR the Volvo XC60 is by far the better option.

I would dare to say that the Volvo S80 is a good choice in LCAR category versus those base trim C-Class, 3-series or A4 I saw as it was nicely loaded incl. build in Navi, is roomier, and a very comfortable ride for long drives (e.g. LAS to Napa in one go in 10+hrs).
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Any recent experience with rentals at this location? Have a STAR (Mustang convertible) booked for a week in July/August, and wondering what to expect as a Diamond.

Had a poor experience recently (May) in SF - 1 hour for the car to be ready, no upgrade, poor info provided, clueless customer service rep - which eventually just resulted in a $50 discount.

Alternative would be to rent from Avis (have Preferred Plus) - if the experience would be better.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:34 am

Hey,

I have booked SIXT for 20 days this Sept in Vegas.

Which cars are available in group SFAR ?

Maybe a GMC Acadia Denali?

Thanks so much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.