Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
As this is not a trip report I will move it on to the Sixt forum.

Moomba
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:56 am

may I ask why you didnt read the manual of the car?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: Several dozen
Used SIXT in Miami and never had an issue with them. The car rented, with its exotic systems, seems to be the underlying issue.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by sixtisbest
may I ask why you didnt read the manual of the car?
May I ask why you didn't read the OP?

OP said that he did try the trick/method you are referring to and it failed. Further, he said that multiple people tried to perform the operation and it failed.

May I ask why the Sixt employee did not read the manual?

If there is specific information in the manual regarding a known issue/feature where the car will not start, Sixt should have someone (an agent or call center employee who handles breakdowns/emergency assistance) who would be able to convey the information to a renter who didn't / wouldn't / couldn't read the manual. Further, when someone rents the car, an employee should ask if they are familiar with the model and relay the information, as this is not a common brand of rental car in the USA.

Finally, does Sixt actually put the manuals in the car? If so, kudos to them. I've never driven a rental car that had a manual in the glovebox.

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Used SIXT in Miami and never had an issue with them. The car rented, with its exotic systems, seems to be the underlying issue.
There seems to be a huge customer service issue on top of the strange 'quirks' of the car. I am shocked at the difference between the OP's experience and my experience with Hertz when I suffered an electrical system failure in a rental car. Hertz had a tow truck out to us in an hour, took us to the nearest Hertz location (which was not our original rental location), the location actually stayed open a few minutes late to accommodate us, and there was absolutely no hassle - they just gave us the keys to a similar car, and when we returned it to our original location, is was a perfectly smooth transaction.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:40 am

Good Afternoon Mr Embrey,

My name is Gemma and I work for Sixt UK Customer Service Team. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment and would love the opportunity to look into your issues further.

Please could you email me ([email protected]) some further details of your rental. Ideally the reservation number or rental agreement number or if this is not available the date which you collected the vehicle and the full name of the main driver. I will then speak with the branch to get some feedback and come back to you further.

Thank you for posting and giving Sixt the chance to resolve your query. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Gemma - Sixt UK Customer Service Team
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
MCO rental this Saturday 28 Apr. 2012

Have a full size car reserved for 28 Apr. at MCO for 10 days. Price is much less then anyone else. Will report my experience back to this thread. Hope Sixt rep is reading this. If so reply to my private message.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:18 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by mrlasssen
Have a full size car reserved for 28 Apr. at MCO for 10 days. Price is much less then anyone else. Will report my experience back to this thread. Hope Sixt rep is reading this. If so reply to my private message.
Who did you message?

Gary - Customer Service Team
Old May 10, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
MCO good rental

Just completed a 10 day rental at MCO, was impressed with the service, at airport pick up and return. At returning agent went over inspection report with me, charges, and fuel level. Then we both signed the inspection report and copy to me. No hidden charges and nice car and service. Will rent again from them.
Old May 17, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Sounds horrible, they should have sent a tow truck to you and arranged for you to get another car all at their expense especially after AAA couldnt get it to work either. Dont hate German cars though, most of them are great! You have every right to be upset at the rental agency though!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
MCO Sixt - which car should I rent

Will be flying into MCO late January and I can have a choice of a PCAR (Hyundai Genesis) , LCAR (MB C series) or a XCAR (MB E series) for a very very good price. I'll be hauling my 2.5 yr old toddler Oscar with me so which car should I rent for the week? We'll be heading to Clearwater Beach where I have a conference. Which car would have the biggest sunroof for my Oscar to look out at?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:11 pm

What type of car did you rent if I can ask? I'll be flying into MCO with my two and a half year old for a week in late January.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold
MCO good rental

I did a return at MCO and find your review to be spot on. If I was renting at MCO, I would definitely consider Sixt. I'm working on a review of FLL though that won't be quite as favorable.

Last edited by BuckleandBoots; Dec 4, 2012 at 8:57 am
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by aspenedelen
Will be flying into MCO late January and I can have a choice of a PCAR (Hyundai Genesis) , LCAR (MB C series) or a XCAR (MB E series) for a very very good price. I'll be hauling my 2.5 yr old toddler Oscar with me so which car should I rent for the week? We'll be heading to Clearwater Beach where I have a conference. Which car would have the biggest sunroof for my Oscar to look out at?
I will find out....

Gary
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:44 am

Gary, were you able to find anything out with the cars? We rented the GLK the last time and that had a panoramic sunroof which my kid loved.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:46 am

The Genesis has a large sunroof. There are other cars in the same category but we can make the request and hopefully we can make this happen. Otherwise I would recommend the XCAR as most likely to receive the E-Class.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Gary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.