Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Can only share my experience with a 2 cat upgrade on an MCO - MIA got me an XC90
Old Sep 16, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Can only share my experience with a 2 cat upgrade on an MCO - MIA got me an XC90
Maybe not totally hopeless, so. Id be pretty happy with the GLC anyway.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Maybe not totally hopeless, so. Id be pretty happy with the GLC anyway.
Don't expect be happy if it happens. Enjoy your trip.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Don't expect be happy if it happens. Enjoy your trip.
Indeed. I think its always best to book the class of service/car/room you would be happy with. As a plat there is a certain expectation of some class of upgrade, but it is a bit hit and miss. Often the desks opinion of an upgrade and mine aren't quite the same! Im not sure, for example, if a Suburban would be an upgrade. Certainly larger, but others may prefer a Mercedes.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Booked a PCAR from a neighborhood location (Sheraton Lake Buena Vista). Anyone have any experience with what vehicles they have?

I don’t just don’t want a Chrysler 300, Avis seems to think this is a luxury car
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Just flew in and out of MCO a week ago - I like Sixt but often don't use it there since it's offsite, when we get in late it's just too much hassle to wait for the shuttle. However, we saw signs that Sixt is on-site on the A side now? And it mentions that on their website. Does anyone know if that's just a reservation desk that's on-site and you still have to shuttle over to the lot to get a vehicle, or do they have their cars on-site at MCO too? Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:48 pm

Seems to be on site per googling online...
Old Nov 18, 2021, 1:04 pm

Bumping this old thread - any updates, experiences of the new onsite Sixt location?

I just recently learned that they are now at the terminal, but very hard to find any news or confirmation about this.

Last edited by Pahloco; Nov 18, 2021 at 1:12 pm
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:32 pm

They are the terminal but in their own small wing. Their counter is next to everyone else's, but then you take an elevator, to a long tunnel walkway, and then there are signs for all the other companies but for SIXT you take ANOTHER elevator to another level that is just SIXT. Not hard to figure out just a bit of a schlep.

I had a small lux sedan reserved. This always yields an Infiniti Q50 or some sort of Volvo vehicle (which is technically an upgrade). And im usually OK with that.
This time the app was up and running, and it usually isnt. Its kinda pointless because you still need to go to the counter anyway. The app said that I had reserved a BMW 2 series, and then showed me a list of like 12 cars that were available. The ONLY one--the ONLY ONE-- that wasnt an upgrade was a 2021 Infiniti Q50. Fine. I expected this. But the list of vehicles included THREE BMW 2 series that I could rent for just $84 extra per day. This I found outrageous.

THe SIXT guy kept saying "i dont have any of those BMWs" and I kept saying "but youre offering them to me, just for an extra $250" and he was very nice but completely confused. He put me in a MB CLA250 with 26k miles on it, and it has most of the bells/whistles so I cant really complain but it galls me that theyd offer the very vehicle i rented as an upgrade.
switch007 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:48 pm

Had a miserable experience at Sixt MCO just before christmas. Maybe it was the jetlag, but for some reason I assumed that having checked in online, I could walk to the garage counter to pick up my keys. This was not the case, so I ended up having to walk back to the terminal to check in at the counter. The online check-in seems pretty pointless. Oh well, I suppose this was my mistake.

At the terminal, there were 2 people at the counter being helped and one person ahead of me in the line. I assumed it wouldn't be terribly long, my family was sitting in the garage waiting for me. At counter 1, a guy was arguing over his Priceline pricing for 20 minutes. At counter 2, the printer wasn't working. After the customer at counter 2 got his car, the Sixt employee spent 10 minutes giving him directions. at this point people were yelling at them from the queue behind me ("use f****ing Google!" - guy with a crying baby behind me)

So after about a 20 minute wait (for two customers who were already being helped when I got there) it was my turn. I was offered a Chevy Blazer or an upgrade to a GLA for around $20 a day. Not being completely familiar with Mercedes models, I asked how big the GLA is - in my head I was thinking it's a GLC. but not being sure, I asked. The employee didn't really respond but asked how many pieces of luggage I have, I told him we are 4 people with 4 large pieces of luggage and carry ons. His words: "oh yeah, it'll fit. it's the same size". I assumed he meant the same size as an SFAR which I had booked. I decided to take the upgrade as the price didn't seem bad - stupid move on my part, but I believed him when he said it fits 4 suitcases. It wasn't until proceeding that he said the car is at the other terminal side - I could either walk over (not an option with my kids already waiting at the garage) or they'd bring it. I asked them to bring it over asap.

I walked back to the garage (5 minutes) and we waited for 15 minutes. I went to ask the employee at the key pick up booth to check up on the car. She contacted someone with a walkie talkie and didn't respond anything to me. She just shrugged and was apparently doing all she could, but didn't get a clear answer. After another 15 minutes, the car arrived. Needless to say, it was tiny. We could fit 2 of our 4 pieces fo luggage in the trunk and this was pushing it. We had to put one suitcase on the front seat, my spouse and two kids squeezed into the back and had a big duffle bag and 3 carry-on bags piled on top of them. One of the seat belts in the back was no working. There was no booster seat for my kid, no one told me where to get one. I had to go back to the key booth where there were customers lined up. After waiting for a bit, I circled around the booth and found a stack of boosters behind on the ground and just grabbed one. The car obviously wasn't suitable for us but at this point we were jetlagged, it was late and we had spent over an hour waiting to get a car, so walking back to the terminal to change it was not an option. So we drove out in our miniature SUV covered in bags.

I eventually changed the car at the Kissimmee location and got a BMW X4 - it was the biggest car they had. Only slightly bigger than the GLA, but at least we could now fit 3 bags and a backpack in the trunk. Ultimately, I paid full price + upgrade for a car that was smaller than the category I booked and got terrible service. Part of this was my mistake for taking the GLA, but this was because the employee flat out lied to me about the size of the car. Additionally, the service was slow and when other companies offer the ability to walk up to your car and drive out, I don't see any point in using Sixt at MCO any more.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by Pahloco; Jan 8, 2022 at 2:56 pm
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:30 pm

this is how it is with the SIXT app all over. you can never skip the counter. in their defense, they never say otherwise and that was your mistake, but i agree its totally pointless since they make you go to the counter and they don't let you choose your car on the app-- they just offer pricey upgrades.
Ordpc, Auto Enthusiast and Pahloco like this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NBNY424
.. and they don't let you choose your car on the app-- they just offer pricey upgrades.
This isn't quite true. I rent from Sixt at their SEA location a couple times a month. Every time I'm within 30-45 min of my reservation time I get a notification from the app asking me to choose my car. Yes, they push the upgrades first, but if I scroll down I can decline the upgrades and go on to another page and choose my exact car (I only rent from the XCAR category and I'm a Platinum with them - I don't know if that makes a difference). I still have to go the counter, but after choosing my car, it's super fast once there.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:03 pm

i can tell you that at EWR, MIA and in Orlando last month that is just not the case unfortunately in my experience.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Are they still using the Range Rover Velar at MCO? If there is no Velar available will they give you a RR Sport or Vogue?

Also, is the security deposit $1000?

The other companies are all $300 so trying to convince myself that its ok.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
So, I think there should be a sticky advising people that Sixt likes to claim damage that previously occurred on their cars. Part of their schtick is not examining the car when you drop it off, but deferring inspection till sometime later, which gives just enough ambiguity to goad some folks into caving and paying. Double points if they claim damage that a renter points out in the ramp before accepting the car, and that they supposedly update in their system, and claim no updated receipt is needed/can be printed.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.