Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:49 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Am I unreasonable for not accepting a 2-door Jeep Wrangler for my SFAR (GMC Acadia or Ford Explorer, Volvo XC70, Chevrolet Traverse or similar SUV) reservation? Apparently Sixt MCO thinks so because even though I refused the vehicle (after seeing it since the agent told me it was a 4-door Jeep Wrangler, which I was not happy about to begin with as it has much less cargo room than the example vehicles for that class) and proceeded to charge me for two days rental, indicating I had it checked out for less than 17 hours over a single calendar day.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:46 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beckles
Am I unreasonable for not accepting a 2-door Jeep Wrangler for my SFAR (GMC Acadia or Ford Explorer, Volvo XC70, Chevrolet Traverse or similar SUV) reservation? Apparently Sixt MCO thinks so because even though I refused the vehicle (after seeing it since the agent told me it was a 4-door Jeep Wrangler, which I was not happy about to begin with as it has much less cargo room than the example vehicles for that class) and proceeded to charge me for two days rental, indicating I had it checked out for less than 17 hours over a single calendar day.
The second time I called the location they transferred me to their Customer Service department and they fixed this after confirming I never took the vehicle.

The CSR insisted on pointing out though that the vehicle they assigned me was in the class I reserved. This is the last straw with Sixt for me, I like that in the past I've been able to get a low price on previous trips to MCO and have driven nice German cars/SUV's, but if they are going to try and pawn off a 2-door Jeep Wrangler as "similar" to a large four-door SUV, then I can't take that risk, the savings do not out weigh the off-site inconvenience and the poor experience.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:02 pm

wonder what car will be given for LFAR
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:19 pm

MCO Sixt Taxi, Uber?

Hi, I'm considering a rental. Reading the comments, the biggest issue seems to be the shuttle transportation to and from the facility. Has anyone taken a taxi or Uber? It seems like the fare would be reasonable. Any thoughts?
Old Nov 7, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by qwerty23
wonder what car will be given for LFAR
BMW X3, Cadillac SRX, Mercedes-Benz GLK, VW Touareg.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Shuttle

Originally Posted by hotelj01
Hi, I'm considering a rental. Reading the comments, the biggest issue seems to be the shuttle transportation to and from the facility. Has anyone taken a taxi or Uber? It seems like the fare would be reasonable. Any thoughts?
We took the shuttle a couple of weeks ago. With the exception of the continued misinformation as to what stop to wait for the shuttle at that comes in on the automated text, the shuttle experience was fine. We were there about 3:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday; after waiting at the wrong stop, one of their shuttles came past and the driver stopped long enough to tell us the right stop to go down to. He couldn't pick us up due to airport agreements, I believe, but he did radio to another shuttle that was behind him at the correct location to wait for us, so we had no real problems with it.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
just arrive yesterday for the Thanksgiving week, wait time was about 15minnfor the shuttle. Not too bad, but the worst was waiting for baggages at MCO. Almost an hour for the belt begin to move.

Once arrive they had four reps working the desk. I have a FCAR, they offer a A3, X60 and CLA as an upgrade for Plat. And was offer a 60% off on x3, 5 series, A6.

In and out of the office in 10 mins, grab some water bottle while you are there too.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 8:10 am

What car can I expect booking at LCAR. Will they really have a Mercedes Benz C Class?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by milemonkey
What car can I expect booking at LCAR. Will they really have a Mercedes Benz C Class?
I have also booked the LCAR. Just wondering if you have an update on what you got. I'm flying into MCO.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:42 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

When collecting the LCAR from MCO you will receive one of the following vehicles: Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Cadillac ATS, BMW 3 series, Audi A4.

Best Regards
Pete

Originally Posted by Skizzy7
I have also booked the LCAR. Just wondering if you have an update on what you got. I'm flying into MCO.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:40 am

Thanks for the reply!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:55 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi,

When collecting the LCAR from MCO you will receive one of the following vehicles: Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Cadillac ATS, BMW 3 series, Audi A4.

Best Regards
Pete
What specialty/luxury cars are at this location?

Last edited by t1c; Apr 3, 2016 at 7:04 pm
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:37 pm

Hi

I'm due to fly out September this year.

Looking to hire a car in the XFAR category. What will be the car I likely receive?

Looking forward to booking with you guys.

Thanks
Mp
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:54 am

Anyone?
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Re: returning in MCO: we got lucky with a shuttle leaving just as we returned the car. The shuttle takes quite a while to the terminal and the Sixt location is not clearly sign posted as you arrive at the airport. So be prepared and have the directions handy. Also note the horrendous prices for gas closer to MCO, we knew it beforehand and refuelled near our hotel @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.