Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:07 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Hi. I picked up a car at Faro yesterday and was required to pay a €1000 deposit. Is this normal? I feel a but sore about it as I have never paid such a deposit before. The car was a golf estate. I checked my bank account this morning and the money has been taken?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by trustno1
Hi. I picked up a car at Faro yesterday and was required to pay a €1000 deposit. Is this normal? I feel a but sore about it as I have never paid such a deposit before. The car was a golf estate. I checked my bank account this morning and the money has been taken?
As a data point, it was 1,500 EUR for me at Lisbon for a Nissan SUV.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:22 pm

Booked CLMR "Premium Class" tomorrow in NCE (Nice Aeroport)

Hi there @SixtCustomerServices

I booked a Sixt CLMR class vehicle tomorrow in Nice Aeroport, FR, for a week. On the website it says "premium class/ haut de gamme" and listed only German cars like the BMW 1er, Golf VII and A3 Sportback.

What are the chances of actually getting this type of vehicle? I've had bad experiences prior with other agencies such as Europcar and Hertz, where they'll try to rub a Peugeot or Renault on you as a 'premium car', I hate to be an ..., but it does seem like sort of a douche move. So Sixt will you live up to my expectations?

We would really prefer a BMW 1er, hopefully automatic. But an A3 would be nice as well.

Despite recent events we're not scared away and will continue to enjoy the french Mediterranean culture and wonderful cuisine.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by PhillOS1; Jul 17, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:06 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
As a data point, it was 1,500 EUR for me at Lisbon for a Nissan SUV.
Hi Xiaotung.

Thank you for your response. I thought I got stung but you certainly came out worse. The thing is......I think what Sixt is doing is anti-customer and would certainly make me think twice about booking with them again. I would like to hear from the sixt rep on this site.

Thanks

Mark
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:01 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi

It seems like you have booked a manual category. If you send me your email address and reservation number in a private message we can put a note on your reservation for your desired vehicle.

We cannot guarantee your desired model but it will improve your chances

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by PhillOS1
Hi there @SixtCustomerServices

I booked a Sixt CLMR class vehicle tomorrow in Nice Aeroport, FR, for a week. On the website it says "premium class/ haut de gamme" and listed only German cars like the BMW 1er, Golf VII and A3 Sportback.

What are the chances of actually getting this type of vehicle? I've had bad experiences prior with other agencies such as Europcar and Hertz, where they'll try to rub a Peugeot or Renault on you as a 'premium car', I hate to be an ..., but it does seem like sort of a douche move. So Sixt will you live up to my expectations?

We would really prefer a BMW 1er, hopefully automatic. But an A3 would be nice as well.

Despite recent events we're not scared away and will continue to enjoy the french Mediterranean culture and wonderful cuisine.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:11 am

Hi

Please email your status match to [email protected] and we can arrange that for you

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by HelFin1
Hi,

Do Sixt Status match a Hertz Gold card?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:16 am

Hi

Could you please send me a private message with your reservation number and email address and ill get someone to be in touch to check the terms of your rental.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Hi, I have been charged a cross border fee of 120 Euro in Portugal for taking the car cross border to Spain. Have I been charged correctly? I still don't know what the charge was for. I could have simply answered no when the agent asked me if I would cross border. 120 euro seems to be very excessive. Please advise. Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:28 am

repair cost

Hi, I rent a bmw 5 series at Frankfurt AM airport(I reserved 3 series buy they didn't have the car so the customer service convinced me to I pay extra to upgrade)I know it was my fault that I didn't purchase insurance and got my rental car damaged.

But I think Sixt charged me way too much on a dent on the door and a scratch on the bumper. Then want to charge me 5000 euro (to 4992 euro to be exact)

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtJReFvKMI9msVtNXccWmjjRZ4jh
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtJReFvKMI9msVp4NLhMa1-f6wNe

Last edited by showtimez; Jul 19, 2016 at 10:37 am
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:32 am

Hi

Could you send me a private message with you reservation number, email address and the original message and ill get someone to take a look.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by showtimez
Hi, I know it was my fault that I didnt purchase an insurance and got my rental damaged.

But I think Sixt charged me way too much on a dent on the door and a scratch on the bumper. Then want to charge me 5000 euro (to 4992 euro to be exact)

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtJReFvKMI9msVtNXccWmjjRZ4jh
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtJReFvKMI9msVp4NLhMa1-f6wNe
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:55 pm

Price match

Is there any way to get a price match on rentals in UK? I have an upcoming reservation at Heathrow, normally prefer Sixt due to status and location at T5 but for this one I found a rate 80 pounds cheaper at Hertz for same dates/car type. Will Sixt match that price? If so, how to request?

Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:19 pm

Hi. I'm trying to print off a copy of my membership card from my account, but although I can see that the sixt website is trying to display a card, it is not working properly and the formatting is messed up. I've tried on chrome and IE and bot are the same.

I'll attach a redacted (paranoia!) image of whats appearing. You can see the credit card style text, but there is no card image behind it to make it look correct.

Please could you fix or advise a work around?

Thanks,
Paul

Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:51 pm

When I make my reservation the listing say Diamond member but when I get to the counter I am told I am a Platinum member not Diamond member and my reservations with the upgrade are never honored. I am so frustrated with Sixt because I feel that I am constantly lied to. Can someone in customer service please contact me so we can get my Diamond status honored?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:55 am

Hi

Unfortunately we don't do price match.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by 2035
Is there any way to get a price match on rentals in UK? I have an upcoming reservation at Heathrow, normally prefer Sixt due to status and location at T5 but for this one I found a rate 80 pounds cheaper at Hertz for same dates/car type. Will Sixt match that price? If so, how to request?

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:59 am

Hi

Could you please send me a private message with the details of your membership card, reservation number and email address and ill get someone to take a look and be in touch.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by pmdpmd
Hi. I'm trying to print off a copy of my membership card from my account, but although I can see that the sixt website is trying to display a card, it is not working properly and the formatting is messed up. I've tried on chrome and IE and bot are the same.

I'll attach a redacted (paranoia!) image of whats appearing. You can see the credit card style text, but there is no card image behind it to make it look correct.

Please could you fix or advise a work around?

Thanks,
Paul

Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:00 am

Hi

I have forwarded your details on and someone will be in touch.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by MissJay5000
When I make my reservation the listing say Diamond member but when I get to the counter I am told I am a Platinum member not Diamond member and my reservations with the upgrade are never honored. I am so frustrated with Sixt because I feel that I am constantly lied to. Can someone in customer service please contact me so we can get my Diamond status honored?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.