Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:18 pm

Hi

I'm looking to hire for two days and based on my first experience with Sixt a number of years ago, I received a VW Golf which I loved, however the second time didn't yield a Golf even though it was in the same category. I know models cannot be guaranteed, however I always book in a way to higher the chances of a Golf being given (book early in the morning, same category etc).

The last time, and just in passing, I noticed that there were no Golf's available anywhere in the lot (the lot was full). Does Sixt still stock golf's at the heathrow branch anymore or is the CLMR option (which states a Golf) when I come to book it optimistic?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:54 pm

Hi - I booked a Sixt reservation for an upcoming vacation in Iceland, but I did so through Expedia. I was hoping to manage my reservation on the sixt website (or app) so I could do things like add options, but the website requires a security code for my reservation, which I do not have. Is there some way to retrieve this?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:34 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi Franklin7777
Your security code is the 3 digit number on the back of your credit card, or 4 digit number if it is a AMEX
Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by Franklin7777
Hi - I booked a Sixt reservation for an upcoming vacation in Iceland, but I did so through Expedia. I was hoping to manage my reservation on the sixt website (or app) so I could do things like add options, but the website requires a security code for my reservation, which I do not have. Is there some way to retrieve this?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:59 am

Hi

Currently we haven't got any golf's in Heathrow unfortunately, however we do in Gatwick

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by jetblast787
Hi

I'm looking to hire for two days and based on my first experience with Sixt a number of years ago, I received a VW Golf which I loved, however the second time didn't yield a Golf even though it was in the same category. I know models cannot be guaranteed, however I always book in a way to higher the chances of a Golf being given (book early in the morning, same category etc).

The last time, and just in passing, I noticed that there were no Golf's available anywhere in the lot (the lot was full). Does Sixt still stock golf's at the heathrow branch anymore or is the CLMR option (which states a Golf) when I come to book it optimistic?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:10 am

Hi

Could you email [email protected] for vehicle options

Thanks,
Anneka

Originally Posted by abcurran
What are the fleet options for LDAR & PDMR at Berlin Tegel with drop off at Frankfurt Airport? With pickup & return from Frankfurt Airport?

Thanks! Fantastic service you're offering.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi

Currently we haven't got any golf's in Heathrow unfortunately, however we do in Gatwick

Kind Regards,
Anneka
Thats disappointing, but thanks for the response.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: SAA Voyager, Hhonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Sixt Platinum
No unlimited mileage

Why doesn't Sixt offer unlimited mileage in South Africa?

Also Sixt prices are exorbitant compared to other rental companies.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:57 am

Hi

We do offer unlimited mileage in South Africa, which area are you looking to book?

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by Mbelim
Why doesn't Sixt offer unlimited mileage in South Africa?

Also Sixt prices are exorbitant compared to other rental companies.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:07 am

I have a PPAR (Silverado Pickup) booked for November from MIA, would love to know ahead of time if it will indeed be a Silverado or Ram/F150.

Surely in this day and age it wouldn't be too difficult for each location to just publish a list of their rental fleet every month? Just a simple list, updated monthly, on a blog or similar. Even an opt-in mailshot would be good.

Anyone from Sixt fancy updating your already excellent customer service (in my experience) and offer this?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:23 am

Hi

If you could send me a private message with your reservation number and email address we can make a note on your reservation with your desired car to improve your chances of getting the vehicle you want.

Unfortunately our fleet are subject to change daily due to one way rentals and cars being booked out ect. so we can't guarantee a fixed list of what's available.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by Tim Oldland
I have a PPAR (Silverado Pickup) booked for November from MIA, would love to know ahead of time if it will indeed be a Silverado or Ram/F150.

Surely in this day and age it wouldn't be too difficult for each location to just publish a list of their rental fleet every month? Just a simple list, updated monthly, on a blog or similar. Even an opt-in mailshot would be good.

Anyone from Sixt fancy updating your already excellent customer service (in my experience) and offer this?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Hi, I have been charged a cross border fee of 120 Euro in Portugal for taking the car cross border to Spain. Have I been charged correctly? I still don't know what the charge was for. I could have simply answered no when the agent asked me if I would cross border. 120 euro seems to be very excessive. Please advise. Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum
Sixt status match

Hi,

Do Sixt Status match a Hertz Gold card?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Hi, I have been charged a cross border fee of 120 Euro in Portugal for taking the car cross border to Spain. Have I been charged correctly? I still don't know what the charge was for. I could have simply answered no when the agent asked me if I would cross border. 120 euro seems to be very excessive. Please advise. Thanks.
According to the Sixt terms for Portugal, "Foreign Use Charge: A foreign use charge of 60.00 EUR applies for each month or part thereof." Did you have a 1+ month rental?

https://www.sixt.com/rental-services...l-information/
Go to Portugal > Passenger Vehicle

The problem with lying to the agent is that it may invalidate all insurance coverage as you are "in violation" of the rental agreement. Of course, the fee is more like gouging as a Sixt Spain cross border trip to Portugal has no fee
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Schweden
According to the Sixt terms for Portugal, "Foreign Use Charge: A foreign use charge of 60.00 EUR applies for each month or part thereof." Did you have a 1+ month rental?

https://www.sixt.com/rental-services...l-information/
Go to Portugal > Passenger Vehicle

The problem with lying to the agent is that it may invalidate all insurance coverage as you are "in violation" of the rental agreement. Of course, the fee is more like gouging as a Sixt Spain cross border trip to Portugal has no fee
No, my rental was only for 5 days but across both June and July. Surely that shouldn't count as 2 months?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
No, my rental was only for 5 days but across both June and July. Surely that shouldn't count as 2 months?
Well, the writing can be interpreted as a 120 EUR charge for a rental spanning June and July. Of course, that's pretty ridiculous and you should definitely complain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.