Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:49 pm

I completed a rental in Dublin on 7/24, but I still have a €5000 hold on my credit card. When will that drop off? I thought it was only 10-14 days?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:35 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi tjbrooks,

Could you send me a private message with your email address and reservation number and ill get someone to take a look and get back to you.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
I completed a rental in Dublin on 7/24, but I still have a €5000 hold on my credit card. When will that drop off? I thought it was only 10-14 days?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:59 am

Well got my answer. This is a total bait and switch company.

Reserved an LCAR, I get there and lo and behold the only LCARs they have are being cleaned.

My options were drop down to a Toyota Corolla but pay the same rate or upgrade to the Audi A8 for another $350..

Will be the last time I use this company.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:08 pm

Could you advise what cars are available under FDMR and LSAR categories in Ibiza, Spain?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: National/Sixt/Miles&More/...
Originally Posted by lakailb87

Reserved an LCAR, I get there and lo and behold the only LCARs they have are being cleaned.

My options were drop down to a Toyota Corolla but pay the same rate or upgrade to the Audi A8 for another $350..

What location was this at? I have an LCAR reservation myself in the near future, at LAX, what you describe is my worst nightmare! Arriving dead tired after a transcontinental flight at the car rental agency I do not want to find out the vehicle that I have reserved is not available and something equally suitable is only available at a surplus charge.

-cod
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by codfishcandy

What location was this at? I have an LCAR reservation myself in the near future, at LAX, what you describe is my worst nightmare! Arriving dead tired after a transcontinental flight at the car rental agency I do not want to find out the vehicle that I have reserved is not available and something equally suitable is only available at a surplus charge.

-cod
I have a rental coming up on Saturday out of SFO, my first rental with Sixt.

I booked an LCAR. Do you happen to know what model years I can expect? If I can get a 2016 A4 I would prefer that but if its only 2015 I think I would rather go with the C300.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:04 am

I have a rental coming up on Saturday out of SFO, my first rental with Sixt.

I booked an LCAR. Do you happen to know what model years I can expect? If I can get a 2016 A4 I would prefer that but if its only 2015 I think I would rather go with the C300.
Sorry, must've missed that when I didn't read through the entire thread Admittedly, it was on the previous page, but still.

Do you have any idea on how many cars were in the lot, i.e. if this really was a sales tactic, or if they were truly just down on stock? In any case, judging by the dates I'm assuming you had a short-term rental, so waiting for a more appropriate car to come available might not have been an option. Sorry to hear about your experiences, crossing my fingers that the same won't happen to me.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:04 am

Hi,

I have booked ILAR at LHR. Thats advertised as MB A class, Audi A3 or Volvo V40. Having read some of the stories about much poorer cars being classified in the same group, I want to make sure that LHR actually has such cars available and I can look forward to receiving one?

Also, I am a Platinum - would I be entitled to an upgrade?

Many thanks,

UK212
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:40 am

Hello everyone,

I reserved XFAR at Sixt LAX - which cars can I expect? Do they have escalades available? Any benefits for plat members? Thanks a lot

Last edited by docdent; Aug 14, 2016 at 2:52 pm
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: EB Silver, HH,Marriot,Sixt, and alot more.
Not getting what I am promised.

Hello,

I am currently sitting in an uber going back to my hotel, it turns out that showing your drivers licence and sixt card is not enough to get your rental... so be it. What really gets me is that I picked a car with GPS, when I go to the counter the person tells me that the chip are taken out of the cars because people kept stealing them!? He then proceeds to offer me a Garmin GPS for 10$ a day!? I ask why I would have to pay since it was already in the booking, he just shrugs his shoulders and tries to bundle an insurance with the GPS for 2 dollars less... there is no other cars available in vegas today, and I have the sneaking suspicion that they are all too aware...

Thank you Sixt!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Basefly
Hello,

I am currently sitting in an uber going back to my hotel, it turns out that showing your drivers licence and sixt card is not enough to get your rental... so be it. What really gets me is that I picked a car with GPS, when I go to the counter the person tells me that the chip are taken out of the cars because people kept stealing them!? He then proceeds to offer me a Garmin GPS for 10$ a day!? I ask why I would have to pay since it was already in the booking, he just shrugs his shoulders and tries to bundle an insurance with the GPS for 2 dollars less... there is no other cars available in vegas today, and I have the sneaking suspicion that they are all too aware...

Thank you Sixt!
This makes absolutely no sense to me. How hard is it to verify the chip is in the car when the person returns it? I don't know what is going on with Sixt these days. Sorry to hear this.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:54 am
Suspended

Hi,

I just tried to modify a prepaid rate. My initial booking was from Day0 2pm to Day1 4pm. So basically 2 day charged for 26h, I was ok with that, but now my schedule changed and I would ilke to take the car at 11.30am on Day0. They asked for 20euros rebooking fees, is this normal ?

thanks
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: EB Silver, HH,Marriot,Sixt, and alot more.
Originally Posted by mike929
This makes absolutely no sense to me. How hard is it to verify the chip is in the car when the person returns it? I don't know what is going on with Sixt these days. Sorry to hear this.
Well he was clearly trying to scam me in to bring a GPS even though it was included. Well now I am back at the rental station because the Mercedes C class that I was eventually given was broken, 18.000 miles will do that to an rental.

They are promising an E class now, I won't believe it until I see it...
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Jeff_
Hi,

I just tried to modify a prepaid rate. My initial booking was from Day0 2pm to Day1 4pm. So basically 2 day charged for 26h, I was ok with that, but now my schedule changed and I would ilke to take the car at 11.30am on Day0. They asked for 20euros rebooking fees, is this normal ?

thanks
I'm afraid their terms and conditions with respect to prepaid rates do explicitly state this.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by codfishcandy
I'm afraid their terms and conditions with respect to prepaid rates do explicitly state this.
I understand, but this is non sens for just few hours, I can do it with Hertz with no issues. Anyway, I went to the office and asked about if this really need a change in the booking. The agent told me no, He just put a note on the booking and change the hour, he told me that I can only be done at the office.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.