Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:50 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
*please delete*

Last edited by MilesTalk; Jan 12, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Old Jan 12, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Renting at LAX for about 7 weeks. Got a great deal on the MB CLA "or equivalent" which is Audi A3, Volvo S60, BMW 228i. I'd actually prefer the Audi or BMW to the MB. Anyone know how many they stock of each and how/easy/hard this will be? (And yeah, I *really* wanted a convertible but way too much more.

PS: I'm Platinum with Sixt and can't recall if that does anything as far as upgrades?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:37 pm

Additional question that has just come up. I originally had a 47 day rental until I found out you lose CDW coverage on rentals over 30 days. SO I have a great price on a MB CLA for 30 days but the price for the next 17 days is MORE than the first 30 days If I book s second 30 days it is cheaper than 17 days. If I book the second month and return in 17 days, will they charge me the difference??
Old Jan 15, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: hyatt hotel,fourseasons hotel,qatarair,sixt platinum
Red face are there anyone can reply?

Stress is stress..

Originally Posted by divian
Dear Sixt,

Happy New Year!

On 7th Feb, I and my wife marta will be landed on frankfurt airport to visit my lovely wife's mom and will travel with her health curing. probably this travel we will drive with snowy road to go/stay with Warm hot springs in switzerland because i would like to try to cure mom's health conditions.

Every Mom is getting older and older : - (... sad!

My Problem is i don't know which car i will be received from the Frankfurt six office. i booked small-size car for my wife who will be main driver in the narrow roads in Europe. also i have to do some business meetings in sttugart,Munich on the beginning of the trip.

Actually for in case, i wanted to rent 4x4 SUV for snowy road trip,but my wife is not familiar with SUV drive, she used to drive Automatic Sedan only.

we used to drive mercedes in our country, if possible can we drive 4x4 AWD sedan mercedes?
or do we need upgrade S-class 4-matic class???

- At least we would like to avoid drive BMW 3-models. this one has wooden seat so Mom can not be comfort to stay back seat for all the trip.

Do I have to call sixth office in advance or need ask on the arrival?
I have no idea, just hope no big snow on the trip.

Thanks

Warm Regards from Sunny Maldives
Jeon
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: AA, Alaska
I need to rent a CDAR car at MUC in late Spring for close to a month. We're flying in on a Sunday evening. Is the class of car guaranteed, or is there a possibility of non-availability? I'm selecting the "pay later" option, not "pay now". What if the flight is delayed and I'm not there to pickup the car at the estimated time?

Lastly, the quoted price is marked as "* Prices exclusive statutory taxes ". Is there a way to find out ahead of time what these taxes are?

Thanks,

Ken
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:13 am

Visa Credit card

Hello!
Did Sixt recently stop accepting VISA as payment?
I have a prepaid rental coming up in March at LAX.
Tried to make another prepaid rental in June at MIA but now my card is not accepted. Same card used in booking and paying the first rental.

What worries me is that when I go to pick up my rental car in LAX,Sixt will want to reserve an amount on my card. And if they dont accept my card...then they wont give me a car, I guess, even thou its prepaid.

Can someone from Sixt please contact me?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pokernick
Hello!
Did Sixt recently stop accepting VISA as payment?
I have a prepaid rental coming up in March at LAX.
Tried to make another prepaid rental in June at MIA but now my card is not accepted. Same card used in booking and paying the first rental.

What worries me is that when I go to pick up my rental car in LAX,Sixt will want to reserve an amount on my card. And if they dont accept my card...then they wont give me a car, I guess, even thou its prepaid.

Can someone from Sixt please contact me?
More likely issue with your VISA.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:12 pm

No issue with my Visa as far as I know, used it at hotels.com just now.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pokernick
Hello!
What worries me is that when I go to pick up my rental car in LAX,Sixt will want to reserve an amount on my card.
Sixt will put a hold on your card regardless of whether the reservation is prepaid or not. Holds can be quite hefty for higher end cars so beware that you need to have available credit line.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
Sixt will put a hold on your card regardless of whether the reservation is prepaid or not. Holds can be quite hefty for higher end cars so beware that you need to have available credit line.
Problem solved, new rules at my bank for internet shopping that I wasnt aware of. pheew!

Last edited by pokernick; Jan 18, 2016 at 6:10 am Reason: Solved
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Hey guys hoping this simple question can be answered.

I have platinum with Sixt (literally just did a status match) which entitles me to a double upgrade in the USA.
If I'm aiming to receive a SUV/XFAR, can I go ahead a book a SUV/PFAR?

Last edited by oh_lol; Jan 18, 2016 at 6:20 am
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:36 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Originally Posted by divian
Dear Sixt,

Happy New Year!

On 7th Feb, I and my wife marta will be landed on frankfurt airport to visit my lovely wife's mom and will travel with her health curing. probably this travel we will drive with snowy road to go/stay with Warm hot springs in switzerland because i would like to try to cure mom's health conditions.

Every Mom is getting older and older : - (... sad!

My Problem is i don't know which car i will be received from the Frankfurt six office. i booked small-size car for my wife who will be main driver in the narrow roads in Europe. also i have to do some business meetings in sttugart,Munich on the beginning of the trip.

Actually for in case, i wanted to rent 4x4 SUV for snowy road trip,but my wife is not familiar with SUV drive, she used to drive Automatic Sedan only.

we used to drive mercedes in our country, if possible can we drive 4x4 AWD sedan mercedes?
or do we need upgrade S-class 4-matic class???

- At least we would like to avoid drive BMW 3-models. this one has wooden seat so Mom can not be comfort to stay back seat for all the trip.

Do I have to call sixth office in advance or need ask on the arrival?
I have no idea, just hope no big snow on the trip.

Thanks

Warm Regards from Sunny Maldives
Jeon
Please send me your reservation number in a private message. Thanks, Gary
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by daveland
Additional question that has just come up. I originally had a 47 day rental until I found out you lose CDW coverage on rentals over 30 days. SO I have a great price on a MB CLA for 30 days but the price for the next 17 days is MORE than the first 30 days If I book s second 30 days it is cheaper than 17 days. If I book the second month and return in 17 days, will they charge me the difference??
You would be charged the rate for 17 days. The best way tio tell would be to compare the price for 17 days as opposed to 30.

Hope this helps.
Gary
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Hey guys hoping this simple question can be answered.

I have platinum with Sixt (literally just did a status match) which entitles me to a double upgrade in the USA.
If I'm aiming to receive a SUV/XFAR, can I go ahead a book a SUV/PFAR?
Best advice is always book the vehicle you would like to drive. Anything else is a bonus. Best regards, Gary
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AA, Alaska
Originally Posted by SacCalFlyer
I need to rent a CDAR car at MUC in late Spring for close to a month. We're flying in on a Sunday evening. Is the class of car guaranteed, or is there a possibility of non-availability? I'm selecting the "pay later" option, not "pay now". What if the flight is delayed and I'm not there to pickup the car at the estimated time?

Lastly, the quoted price is marked as "* Prices exclusive statutory taxes ". Is there a way to find out ahead of time what these taxes are?

Thanks,

Ken
My post was missed, so I'm re-posting it; thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.