Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Where to stay for a 26-hour trip in Singapore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay for a 26-hour trip in Singapore?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Visconti
Sorry, had missed this.

Ah, if you log onto your HHonors account, you should see it under rewards summary, or something like that; because of the pandemic, they lifted thew weekend restriction and may be used during any day of the week. I doubt they'll receive another extension, and it's probably prudent to use them when the opportunity presents itself. If I recall, it should be a month post renewal?
I can't see the FNC in the Hilton app, but I can see it on Hilton.com and Hilton's mobile website. I'm already in the middle of finalizing my travel plans for the remainder of this year. It's tempting to use my Aspire FNC at either the new Hilton Orchard Singapore or Conrad Singapore. I'll be in New York and London as well. I wonder if I'll get even better value there? I'm also looking at Dubai. I think the Waldorf Astoria there may be a better value?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by lsquare
I can't see the FNC in the Hilton app, but I can see it on Hilton.com and Hilton's mobile website. I'm already in the middle of finalizing my travel plans for the remainder of this year. It's tempting to use my Aspire FNC at either the new Hilton Orchard Singapore or Conrad Singapore. I'll be in New York and London as well. I wonder if I'll get even better value there? I'm also looking at Dubai. I think the Waldorf Astoria there may be a better value?

Hi

I would check the prices of the hotels when you plan on visiting as at certain times of year the waldorf dubai palm can be very reasonably priced ( ie June or July the hotel could be had for around $200 per night but at other times it could be a lot more)
in terms of saving cash I woul think new york or london would be best

Regards

Tbs
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

I would check the prices of the hotels when you plan on visiting as at certain times of year the waldorf dubai palm can be very reasonably priced ( ie June or July the hotel could be had for around $200 per night but at other times it could be a lot more)
in terms of saving cash I woul think new york or london would be best

Regards

Tbs
I was hoping to use the Aspire FNC at the Roku Kyoto LXR. I think it's at least 95k for award redemption and has high cash rates year-round? Too bad Japan isn't letting in tourists like me at the moment. So that's what I'm looking for. Feel free with any suggestions except for the Maldives as I don't have the time to go there. Maybe next year...
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Kyoto lxr is now 110 k points per night.
other options might be conead bali or koh samui. London ie conrad or biltmore lxr would also be good use.

Regards
tbs
​​
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Kyoto lxr is now 110 k points per night.
other options might be Conrad bali or koh samui. London ie conrad or biltmore lxr would also be good use.

Regards
tbs
​​
Oh, gotcha, but I think my FNC is still valid at Kyoto LXR regardless? What's the elite recognition like at the London Conrad or Biltmore LXR? I'm a Hilton Diamond, hoping to get a decent breakfast and possibly an upgrade. What are the typical cash rates at those two properties?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi
Going a little off topic but
I would look at the hotel threads in the hilton forum but j got a junior suite upgrade at the conrad london st james and you will get a full breakfast at all hiltons ouside the US ( the $ credit only applies to us hiltons)

Regards

Tbs
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paperwastage
yeah, hours & large selection of anything under 1 roof was the selling point before

If i were OP, i'd probably think of two options

Option 1)
probably do dorsett (28 hour flexible chinatown mentioned before) or pan pacific (25hour flexible Marina Bay)
both subject to room availability though
https://www.panpacific.com/en/hotels...-vacation.html

hopefully you get lucky, then can nap upon arrival (plus the online proctored covid test).
then explore singapore 12pm-midnight (or more), go back to hotel

then get to airport early morning

Option 2)
Book two yotelair reservations.
https://www.dayuse.com/hotels/singap...hangi-sg-clean
https://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/yote...ay-for-the-day

8am-2pm SGD$89 (you can probably reach out directly to yotelair, get a better rate, and see if they'll store luggage between stays, or offer a customized rate across your entire time)
then leave luggage at yotel OR the changi luggage storage

explore singapore
then come back yotelair changi ~1am or later, regular overnight stay SGD$120 (or choose your own hotel)
I really appreciate the plan that you outlined and it'll most likely serve as the basis for my upcoming trip.

Do you know where is the cheapest place in Singapore to get a rapid test done for my trip back to the US? Hopefully, they'll have good operating hours.

Are night buses frequent? If I do stay in Singapore, it should be close to a night bus that will take me all the way to Changi. I'm too cheap to take a taxi.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:25 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I don't know when you are planning to travel, but if TraceTogether (or, as some locals are calling -TraceForever) is still a thing, it takes some time - like 8-24h to get activated to reflect your status as vaccinated. During that time you will have a serious problem getting into any place/building which checks TT.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Are night buses frequent? If I do stay in Singapore, it should be close to a night bus that will take me all the way to Changi. I'm too cheap to take a taxi.
AFAIK, there isn't a nightbus that goes to changi. also, some nightbuses are still halted (or only operating weekends), so plan on grab/taxi if late night

then either get to changi on the last MRT/bus if staying overnight at yotelair/changi airport, or do option 1 and get to changi in the morning
Do you know where is the cheapest place in Singapore to get a rapid test done for my trip back to the US? Hopefully, they'll have good operating hours.
bringing your own video-observation proctored test (USD$20 online fee+ $10 test = USD$30) is probably cheapest/easiest

dont have recommendation for physical location - you'll have to check/call each location on this list to verify they can issue ART test for travel
https://www.moh.gov.sg/docs/librarie...1879188481.pdf
raffles (they have a 24hr changi location apparently) might be good, but you should check it USA accepts it - https://covidtravellertesting.com/pr...e-antigen-test

Originally Posted by invisible
I don't know when you are planning to travel, but if TraceTogether (or, as some locals are calling -TraceForever) is still a thing, it takes some time - like 8-24h to get activated to reflect your status as vaccinated. During that time you will have a serious problem getting into any place/building which checks TT.
from what i understand now, tracetogether should be activated a few minutes after immigration?
(you may still need a SG phone# to authenticate - can get a local sim or pay $13 + $50 deposit for the TraceTogether token available upon arrival)

Last edited by paperwastage; Apr 20, 2022 at 7:53 pm
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
from what i understand now, tracetogether should be activated a few minutes after immigration?
(you may still need a SG phone# to authenticate - can get a local sim or pay $13 + $50 deposit for the TraceTogether token available upon arrival)
Take a look at this message from Bendingmybento
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34162090-post6.html
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Wondering if anyone has recos for a family right at or near Changi. Nothing fancy, just a safe, somewhat comfortable place for a night.

we’re coming in both in and out on our way to India. Family of 2 adults, 2 young kids (7 and 4). Have been looking around, and seems most hotels have rooms that are max 2 guests, and haven’t seen many options for a ‘family’ room, or even something that guarantees connecting rooms.

we’d be arriving from and going to NRT, on late night arrivals and very early morning departure. So near the airport - somewhere with a shuttle would be ideal so we can get in/out to the airport fairly quickly. Can’t take MRT into city, as it won’t be running.

appreciate any insight.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Wondering if anyone has recos for a family right at or near Changi. Nothing fancy, just a safe, somewhat comfortable place for a night.

we’re coming in both in and out on our way to India. Family of 2 adults, 2 young kids (7 and 4). Have been looking around, and seems most hotels have rooms that are max 2 guests, and haven’t seen many options for a ‘family’ room, or even something that guarantees connecting rooms.

we’d be arriving from and going to NRT, on late night arrivals and very early morning departure. So near the airport - somewhere with a shuttle would be ideal so we can get in/out to the airport fairly quickly. Can’t take MRT into city, as it won’t be running.

appreciate any insight.
As mentioned, you could consider Yotel. They are at the airport and do have family rooms. You just need to book ahead as they could be full during your windows. Depending on when you are getting there, you may want to consider your food options. That's usually where you may have issues.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
As mentioned, you could consider Yotel. They are at the airport and do have family rooms. You just need to book ahead as they could be full during your windows. Depending on when you are getting there, you may want to consider your food options. That's usually where you may have issues.
faur enough on the food.

looked at Yotel, and there are no family ‘cabins’ until late Aug, which seems a bit odd - maybe they don’t have many? We’re looking in mid-June and potentially early July. If we could do a connecting room, it would make it much easier, but It seems they specifically mention not having any, which is unfortunate, as kids are too young to be on their own. I suppose in the worst case, we can just book two Prem. Queens, and split up by 1 adult and kid in each. Seems the only other close option is the Crowne Plaza, which is fairly pricey for needing two rooms since they don’t have anything accommodating more than 2, - I’m seeing $275 US per room

i know Yotel rooms are small, can anyone comment on space for luggage? We’ll have a couple or sizeable bags since well traveling for 3+ weeks.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:52 am

or pay $13 + $50 deposit for the TraceTogether token available upon arrival)
I read that you no longer have to pay the S$50 deposit , just the one time fee of S$13. They no longer expect you to return the token.
paperwastage likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
. Seems the only other close option is the Crowne Plaza, which is fairly pricey for needing two rooms since they don’t have anything accommodating more than 2, - I’m seeing $275 US per room
Says 38k points/room, and you can basically buy points for 0.5/point ($190). Still not ideal

There are a few pics of the room AND the floorplan. The nonADA premium queen is small
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Singapore.html

If you wish to stay airside, the airside transit hotel is another option (luggage situation is complicated though)

Last edited by paperwastage; Apr 21, 2022 at 7:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.