Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Where to stay for a 26-hour trip in Singapore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay for a 26-hour trip in Singapore?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Titanium
Can’t recommend the club Vagabond enough, near little India and lots of interesting shops and restaurants.

Originally Posted by lsquare
I really don't want to book two nights for this upcoming trip. I'll arrive in Singapore at 6:45 AM. I'll leave Singapore the next day at 9 AM. That's roughly 26-hours. I think I'll most likely be tired by the time I land since I'll be flying in from North America. I plan to find a place, get a little bit of sleep, go out for some food, shop, and then take the last MRT to Changi. Then spend the next 7-8 hours at the airport and chill out before flying out. Any suggestions on where to stay?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
I have a preference for the Conrad in Suntec City when I go to Singapore. It’s right next to an MTR station. There’s a few malls for walking around and some decent places to eat plus it’s easy to get into the rest of the city from there.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by miket
Can’t recommend the club Vagabond enough, near little India and lots of interesting shops and restaurants.
https://www.hotelvagabondsingapore.com/

You mean this? Can you explain why?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bluehen1
I have a preference for the Conrad in Suntec City when I go to Singapore. It’s right next to an MTR station. There’s a few malls for walking around and some decent places to eat plus it’s easy to get into the rest of the city from there.
Easy and quick access to Changi? Which malls are nearby? Comment about breakfast and lounge? Is any hawker center nearby?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:35 am

Easy and quick access to Changi? Which malls are nearby? Comment about breakfast and lounge? Is any hawker center nearby?
Promenade MRT is just around the corner. Suntec City, Millenia Walk, Marina Square, and Raffles City are an easy walk. It’s also a pretty easy walk to Marina Bay Sands. No real hawker center nearby but it’s easy to get to them. I usually visit Maxwell Road Hawker Center for Tian Tian’s Hainanese Chicken Rice.

The Pan Pacific in Marina Square is a good alternative if the Conrad is too costly.
lsquare and Visconti like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:41 am

Promenade MRT is just around the corner. Suntec City, Millenia Walk, Marina Square, and Raffles City are an easy walk. It’s also a pretty easy walk to Marina Bay Sands. No real hawker center nearby but it’s easy to get to them. I usually visit Maxwell Road Hawker Center for Tian Tian’s Hainanese Chicken Rice.

The Pan Pacific in Marina Square is a good alternative if the Conrad is too costly.
I'm gonna jot this down! It's been forever since I've had it.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What is typical pricing at the Conrad? I'm seeing S$351-S$364 for my dates.

I agree with Tian Tian's chicken rice. Good stuff. I haven't had any since the pandemic started.
Visconti likes this.

Last edited by lsquare; Apr 13, 2022 at 9:53 am
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:45 am

I agree with Tian Tian's chicken rice. Good stuff. I've had any since the pandemic started.
I have something like 2 or 3 of those unrestricted Amex Aspire free nights anywhere around the world expiring end of the year. Conrad here appear as if it's a good place to use one? I was hoping to use them at the Conrad Tokyo.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Visconti
I have something like 2 or 3 of those unrestricted Amex Aspire free nights anywhere around the world expiring end of the year. Conrad here appear as if it's a good place to use one? I was hoping to use them at the Conrad Tokyo.
That's a fantastic idea, and you just reminded me that I have an Aspire! I don't recall getting any notifications that I have an FNC. How do I check? To be clear, I got the Aspire last summer, and I don't know if the FNC is issued after AF renewal or not.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:54 am

I agree with Tian Tian's chicken rice. Good stuff. I've had any since the pandemic started.
Admittedly, it’s been 5 years since I last visited but that seems to be in the normal range. There are a number of other hotels in the area that may be cheaper.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Admittedly, it’s been 5 years since I last visited but that seems to be in the normal range. There are a number of other hotels in the area that may be cheaper.
I can only speak for myself, but when I pay that kind of money for a hotel, I want to have enough time in my room to be able to justify the price.

I have been mainly staying at Hilton, Hyatt, and Marriott properties over the past few years to take advantage of my high-tier status. If I'm going for other hotels, what's the best way to book them for the lowest price and maybe get some perks?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:19 am

I can only speak for myself, but when I pay that kind of money for a hotel, I want to have enough time in my room to be able to justify the price.

I have been mainly staying at Hilton, Hyatt, and Marriott properties over the past few years to take advantage of my high-tier status. If I'm going for other hotels, what's the best way to book them for the lowest price and maybe get some perks?
Ive booked other hotels, the aforementioned Pan Pacific and the Royal on Queens, by looking at Expedia for prices then booking directly with the hotels to see if they offer an extras for booking with them directly.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ive booked other hotels, the aforementioned Pan Pacific and the Royal on Queens, by looking at Expedia for prices then booking directly with the hotels to see if they offer an extras for booking with them directly.
Is Pan Pacific a chain? You mentioned that hotel in Singapore. What did you like about it?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:43 pm

It depends on what your priorities are. Personally, I'd prefer something in the east or maybe something near Bugis. Both have lots of food and transit access points if you're familiar with the area. Bugis would likely give you what you're looking for and has a direct ride to the airport.

Once you have your dates, I'd contact a few to see if they have day rates. Many of them will as working "away" from home has been a growing trend there.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
It depends on what your priorities are. Personally, I'd prefer something in the east or maybe something near Bugis. Both have lots of food and transit access points if you're familiar with the area. Bugis would likely give you what you're looking for and has a direct ride to the airport.

Once you have your dates, I'd contact a few to see if they have day rates. Many of them will as working "away" from home has been a growing trend there.
I already know my dates as my airfares are already booked.

What do you recommend around Bugis?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.