Search

SQ doesn't love me anymore?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2005, 8:01 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
Wink SQ doesn't love me anymore?

Booked my seat a month ago. 3F. Check-in this afternoon, got 3F BP. The Captain announced that they were waiting for ten or so pax going through security, thus a slight delayed. Hmmm... the FA went to see me on my seat, and said I may had a wrong seat, should be 3A. Last four seats, 2D, 3A, 4A and 4D were filled. Seems a family. The husband took 2D. the wife was assigned 3F. How could it be? Am I getting dumped? No more love from SQ? Are they Life PPS, thus tookover my seat preference? Anyway, I showed the FA my PNR printout, and the apologized to me. But when I was in the nathroom changing, the SQ ground staff was talking so loud taht I should ot be in 3F, but 3A.
Ouch...
Got the answered from Ms M by e-mail, hmm someone changed my seat between the time after I checked-in (BP showed clearly 3F), and after the plane departed. Now it showed 3A.
What should I do?
Be a PITA or just CRY?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 2 Million, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I have witnessed a few instances where PPS Solitaire's throw their status around and get what they want at the expense of others. Not wanting to sound cruel in any way and having lived in Singapore for 6+ years, there have been some Singaporean Solitaires that have become completely obnoxious in their demands of preferance.
I do not know who it was or their Nationality who took your seat, I'm just making an historical observation regarding my own past experiences.

Again, don't get me wrong, I love Singapore and SQ and wouldn't take back a minute spent in either one, but people all over the World are............well, people!!
bb
Old Dec 13, 2005, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Okay, CGK, that is definitely irritating, but what's the difference? Is 3F any different from 3A at the end of the day? Are you left-handed or something?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 8:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
As long as still in F I could care less - indeed I have moved on several occassions (various classes) both at my own initiative so pax could be together and also at request of FA.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 8:30 pm
CGK
Original Poster

I am on line now somewhere above Pacific.
Bobbrownson, you are correct about the nationality. Well, have to peek on the manifest later on at the galley. I did not get thrown out, because I had settled down on my 3F seat, and I showed the FA the proof of my PNR as of Nov 16, and my on-line check-in from last night.

Megatoplover, I know it may sound strange. Since years ago, I learned that flying westbound to Asia I would prefer to be on the right hand side of the plane. Okay, for SQ11, when take off, I can look at the greater LA coastal, and yes, I have to say hi to peter11 at SBA. From SFO, when taking off and sitting at the right hand side, i will enjoy the view of the city of San Francisco, and the bay area, then further up towards Marin County... I remembered in one of my UA flights, I could enjoy the view of the mountains in Alaska. Well certainly if I seat in th eleft hand side I only see the Pacific ocean.

For the return, I prefer 3A. Reason: On SQ12, SIN-NRT, the sun will shine from the right hand side of the plane. Thus, by sitting in 3A, I don't need to close my windows, and can enjoy the view of the certain countries, or islands. From NRT to the US, again, you sleep at night, and the sunrise will hit first from the right hand side of the plane. Thus, seating in 3A would be a better option.

That's me...
Old Dec 13, 2005, 8:33 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
As long as still in F I could care less - indeed I have moved on several occassions (various classes) both at my own initiative so pax could be together and also at request of FA.
Well, if they need to be together, they should seat on 4CD, which 4C is assigned for the motivational speaker Robbins (may be wrong name, the guy is very very tall, and you must have seen him on tv or magazine, or books). Or else if the husband in 2D, the wife should be in 2F, and ask the pax in 2F to switch. So the 3F is a bit odd for this couple to be together. 3CD has a Japanese couple.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CGK
I am on line now somewhere above Pacific.
Just don't empty your own wallet for being "on" too long.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:12 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by CGK
For the return, I prefer 3A. Reason: On SQ12, SIN-NRT, the sun will shine from the right hand side of the plane. Thus, by sitting in 3A, I don't need to close my windows, and can enjoy the view of the certain countries, or islands. From NRT to the US, again, you sleep at night, and the sunrise will hit first from the right hand side of the plane. Thus, seating in 3A would be a better option.

That's me...
You're not alone; I hate the sun too. It's for this reason I usually take H,J,K seats when travelling northwards and A,B,C in the opposite direction. Okay, SIN-BKK-SIN are short flights, but still... That said, having the occassional rising and setting sun can be a nice proposition -- read photographic opportunities. But these happen only on late afternoon or overnight flights.

I remember being requested to transfer from Seat 16A to 20D on SQ20 in May. Apparently a couple on honeymoon had been seperated. I was more than happy to oblige. But in CGK's case, well...

Loony
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
CGK.....I think that SQ must have gotten wind about your defection to UA last week. I realize you are trying to making up to them by flying to SIN for the second time in 5 days, but I think they are trying to make you feel a little guilty! No more UA for you!
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:22 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loony
I remember being requested to transfer from Seat 16A to 20D on SQ20 in May. Apparently a couple on honeymoon had been seperated. I was more than happy to oblige. But in CGK's case, well...

Loony
I understand what you are saying. In raffles, the seats are pairs. Here in F, only two pairs seating 3CD and 4CD. The rests are single seater. 3CD had been occupied by a couple. So 3F stands alone, not even near the husband's seat 2D.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:24 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Just don't empty your own wallet for being "on" too long.
The rate is USD29.99 for 24 hours access. And I have USD10 discount coupon. Well certainly will use up the service.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:25 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peter11
CGK.....I think that SQ must have gotten wind about your defection to UA last week. I realize you are trying to making up to them by flying to SIN for the second time in 5 days, but I think they are trying to make you feel a little guilty! No more UA for you!
Well, still has to take UA SFO-YVR next week... Are you working for US Immigration now? Or do you take a fifth?

Last edited by CGK; Dec 13, 2005 at 9:30 pm
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mind on giving us an update on the elevation/speed from the Airshow?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:34 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Mind on giving us an update on the elevation/speed from the Airshow?
Just crossing international date line. 4 hours more to go.
Head wind 25 km/h
Altitude 11600m
Ground speed 905 km/h
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Originally Posted by CGK
Well, still has to take UA SFO-YVR next week... Are you working for US Immigration now? Or do you take a fifth?
I will see what I can do and pull some strings for you CGK. Of course you might end up getting deported! You are a very suspicious character!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.