Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ doesn't love me anymore?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
At least you only lost sky suite on a short flight - much better than losing it for SQ11

Any op up yet?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:24 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
SQ11, I was in J only. Full in C and Y. But no op-up for me. Still zero record for an op-up.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:27 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Forgot to mention, someone took SQ64 last Tuesday, and it was SkySuite, but 2 hours delayed.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:52 pm
jhm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
At least you only lost sky suite on a short flight - much better than losing it for SQ11
Can you actually have non-skysuite F for SQ11 ?!?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:56 pm

Programs: sq solitaire;LH-Sen
As long as still in F I could care less - indeed I have moved on several occassions (various classes) both at my own initiative so pax could be together and also at request of FA.
Selected and confirmed seat ist different and should not be SQ mistakes-otherwise compensation alarm,i
Rudeless passengers just taking a seat its not new- BUT when I was asked and normally did change seat to meet last minute changes -e.g family traveling together I always !! got compensation by the crew at least a bottle of whine out of on board sortiment!
cheers
Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:23 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by CGK
Forgot to mention, someone took SQ64 last Tuesday, and it was SkySuite, but 2 hours delayed.
I wonder who that could be.... Hmmmm last Tuesday you say???... Could it be... no it could not....
Oh has anyone noticed the change in the F menu cover? not the leather binder, the cardboard cover. I made a comment to the FA on SQ 11 that I thought I liked it, but she said she did not.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:53 am
CGK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I wonder who that could be.... Hmmmm last Tuesday you say???... Could it be... no it could not....
Oh has anyone noticed the change in the F menu cover? not the leather binder, the cardboard cover. I made a comment to the FA on SQ 11 that I thought I liked it, but she said she did not.
The menu cover should chnge every quarter I believe with a special cover for X-mas and Chinese New Year.

Do you want to hear my continuous unluck or a sign of SQ doesn't love me anymore?
Well, for paffendorf's BTC collection, I ordered beef sukiyaki ex-LAX for lunch. Ceratainly different presentation than the one from NRT, and the meat is not as tender as ex-NRT. My lite meal BTC "chirashi sushi" (yes, ispired by MegatopLover comment) was not loaded. The FA and the leading steward apologized profously for not loaded and they showed in the manifest. And I also prepared myself by showing them my e-mailed PNR with my choices for BTC. How could this happen?
No Connexion. No BTC. Oh yeah, no certain item on KrisShop that I really needed to buy. Then, no playing cards at all.

Further unluck part, I was not impressed by the new 'hype and praised' NHL F lounge at NRT. No L'Occitane toietries in the bathroom.

But, this is for Kiwi Flyer: You still can get the concise time table at the gate, on top of the podium where the gate agents work. They are on a basket mixed with immigartion forms as well as other brochures. Talked to the agent at the gate, and she said, yes, next October when then new time table published, the booklet will be at the same place.

PS: As many of you have know me, I don't expect any compensation from SQ for all the mishaps.

PS: My dear TGFlyerGirl, I am in the slumberette room #1, your usual reserved place right now. Heading to BKK. And yes, a glass of Dom is provided.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:14 pm
jhm

Originally Posted by CGK
The FA and the leading steward apologized profously for not loaded and they showed in the manifest.
On one of my flights, there was a FSS who started apologising even though I was only asking a question (why are you giving me a choice of when to eat ... in J ?!?)! I had to tell her that it wasn't a problem (in fact, it was a service improvement) - I was only asking because I was curious. In your case, when there really was a problem, I can imagine how many apologies you must have got...!

Originally Posted by CGK
Further unluck part, I was not impressed by the new 'hype and praised' NHL F lounge at NRT. No L'Occitane toietries in the bathroom.
Was you not impressed merely because of the lack of toiletries or for other reasons ?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by CGK
But, this is for Kiwi Flyer: You still can get the concise time table at the gate, on top of the podium where the gate agents work. They are on a basket mixed with immigartion forms as well as other brochures. Talked to the agent at the gate, and she said, yes, next October when then new time table published, the booklet will be at the same place.
Excellent.

As for NH showers and l'occitane, didn't the attendant hand them to you? They don't keep them in the bathrooms but give them to you as you enter.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:17 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Excellent.

As for NH showers and l'occitane, didn't the attendant hand them to you? They don't keep them in the bathrooms but give them to you as you enter.
Noone gave me any last week?

-A
Old Sep 7, 2006, 3:18 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jhm
Was you not impressed merely because of the lack of toiletries or for other reasons ?
Toiletries reason? You are kidding right?
Well the F section in 4F looks smaller than whatever others had been saying. The interior design is too cold for me. But hey, i was not there long enough yet. I will see what I think next week. But certainly the shower room is much smaller than LH FCT or FCL in FRA.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 3:20 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Excellent.

That's might be the explanation. SQ11 is the last flight out. So no attendant by the entrance.
Do you think the wall tiles in the shower room reminds you of Molton Brown Spa at T4 LHR?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 3:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Ask me again in a few weeks.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Must have taken your L'Occitaine , they gave me 2.......one to use and one to give to my honey! They will not have razors though..........The showers were very nice......good , strong and hot like they should be!
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:52 am
CGK
Original Poster

Which NH lounge in NRT is better?

Ask me again in a few weeks.
Okay, just discussed this NH lounges with another FTer. I went to the one near Gate 40s, from where SQ flights depart. But, there is another NH F Lounge by Gate 51-59. Which one did you go to last time Kiwi Flyer? Which one of the two is the best?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.