Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ doesn't love me anymore?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CGK
Okay, just discussed this NH lounges with another FTer. I went to the one near Gate 40s, from where SQ flights depart. But, there is another NH F Lounge by Gate 51-59. Which one did you go to last time Kiwi Flyer? Which one of the two is the best?
I must be on global ignore again .......
They are identical except that one you haven't been to is one great big area (like the SIN Lounge) and split into 2 sides. Don't forget to ask for your L'Occitaine and Fauchon. Funny I didn't see any nice grooming products in the SQ SIN F lounge showers guess I forgot to ask !
Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Huh....should have asked for a bottle of DP for messing it up like that!!

Originally Posted by CGK
PS: As many of you have know me, I don't expect any compensation from SQ for all the mishaps.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by CGK
Okay, just discussed this NH lounges with another FTer. I went to the one near Gate 40s, from where SQ flights depart. But, there is another NH F Lounge by Gate 51-59. Which one did you go to last time Kiwi Flyer? Which one of the two is the best?
40s, as Q Shoe Guy posts the 50s one is a big area. The time of day I was there it looked quite busy whereas the 40s was almost empty. BTW there is an underground passage complete with moving walkway connecting the 2 piers to save a much longer walk past all the shops (might be handy depending on who you are with ).
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Went to NH's lounge near the 50's gates and both CGK and I were thouroughly disapointed. The showers look like hospital issue and there were not kit but just some shampoo and shower gel in horrible plastic bags. We did ask for kits, but the attendents looked at us with a strange look of incomprehension of what were were asking them...

This does not give me a positive view of ANA's lounge

Now at ICN's SKL-F and there are nice showers. OK no kits either, but the showers are much nicer than ANA's
Old Sep 10, 2006, 1:42 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by jjpb3
It seems to work most of the time, though.

As Kiwi Flyer points out, double-dipping increases the appeal of the PPS Club, while providing SQ with rich data on its most profitable customers, data that SQ can then use to track company performance in this segment. Double-dipping (when it works) also allows SQ to avoid two things: (1) the mileage liability on their balance sheet from the accumulation of award miles (PPS members would accumulate award miles most quickly because of their travel patterns); (2) the cost of customer dissatisfaction with KF's earn-burn ratio (the dissatisfaction would probably be highest among PPS members, because they would probably be more aware than the average KF member of the opportunity cost of using KF as their FFP).
Good points! ^
Old Sep 10, 2006, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Went to NH's lounge near the 50's gates and both CGK and I were thouroughly disapointed. The showers look like hospital issue and there were not kit but just some shampoo and shower gel in horrible plastic bags. We did ask for kits, but the attendents looked at us with a strange look of incomprehension of what were were asking them...

This does not give me a positive view of ANA's lounge

Now at ICN's SKL-F and there are nice showers. OK no kits either, but the showers are much nicer than ANA's
Ask and you shall receive..........better luck next time!
Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:27 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

They did ask.

We did ask for kits, but the attendents looked at us with a strange look of incomprehension of what were were asking them...
Old Sep 10, 2006, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I read it KF...........can't believe they didn't get any. My last time through 2 weeks ago (used both lounges) they fell over themselves trying to be helpful. Asked for a shower, was given a key and L'occitaine travel bag(one for me and one for my sweety). Sat at a computer and they came by and asked me if I would like anything(in English). Had 2 Cappucinnos both served with chocolates on the side. Nice touch.........Un-even service is not what NH are about......Just find it hard to believe.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Thrird strike

CGK went to the NH F lounge with a NH F ticket and again asked for a kit. One more time, he got no kit from the shower attendant. Says he got the same attitude as he did when we travelled together.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:20 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
An update

CGK went to the NH F lounge with a NH F ticket and again asked for a kit. One more time, he got no kit from the shower attendant. Says he got the same attitude as he did when we travelled together.
Flying UA SFO-NRT-BKK yesterday, and took my chance visiting NH F Lounge (instead of UA F lounge) at Satellite 4 (the one with the SQ Girl cardboard outside), since UA837 gate was 47 nearby. At last, I received the L'Occitane kits. The shower attendant was not there. The staff by the front desk, gave me the shower number 2. I walked in. Started to open my carry-on, and I heard the knock. I opened the door, and she apologized three times for not giving me the kits.

Okay, may be it was my lucky day. But also, I dressed differently than prior visit. The reason I said this because on UA SFO-NRT, the FA thought I was Japanese. Again, before boarding the UA staff then later on the security check kept talking to me in Japanese. Well you know the drill right? Put your bags on the table, opened them, and let them go through your stuff, until she asked me to lift my rollbag. Then, I did not understand that what she wanted me to do, lift my rollbag. So, she said she did not realized I am not Japanese.

PS: If the pax seated in 4E is an FTer, why just looked at me often, why not say hello to me...

PPS: Seated in 2K. Yeah, no privacy at all. I looked back and I can see it all, this guy who seated in 3K.

TPPS: I tried the noodle at NH F lounge. Small portion. Well everything seems small. As far as I remember, the noodle at SKL SIN food station, or the noodle bar at CX Lounge in HKG are bigger portion.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:01 am
CGK
Original Poster

Update on L'Occitane kits from NH F lounge

Since September, I had visited NH F lounge at NRT 10 times. I only got the kits just once, and the only one. Heard another FTer hits the jackpot everytime he goes there.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:06 am
CGK
Original Poster

SQ doesn't love me this week

I have a waitlist for NRT-SIN SQ11 in J for more than a month. It has not cleared yet, with 3 days to go. And yes, SQ YVR as well as SQ SIN had been sending a push request, but failed. I am booked in D class. Unfortunately, I do have to travel that day due to prior commitment. Now I have to start to look for other airlines who can take me to SIN this Tuesday from YVR.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by CGK
Since September, I had visited NH F lounge at NRT 10 times
Trying to reach lifetime solitaire by the end of the year?

Originally Posted by CGK
I only got the kits just once, and the only one. Heard another FTer hits the jackpot everytime he goes there.
No problems for me getting the kit on my few visits.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:30 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Trying to reach lifetime solitaire by the end of the year?
No problems for me getting the kit on my few visits.
Impossible to reach LPP at this stage. Flew through NRT, just for the sake of this L'Occitane kits from NH lounge.
Next week, since my SQ flight is not cleared in C, I will take UA instead through NRT. Thus another chance for the kits. And yeah, will pass there two more times before heading for Frankfurt.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:08 pm
CGK
Original Poster

[CRYING MODE ON]
SQ can't push my waitlist for NRT-SIN this Wednesday. So, no PPS sector earn this week.. Have rescheduled my flights just now. And, I will leave tomorrow early am on UA to SFO, then NRT, to go to BKK. SQ lost. UA gains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.