Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Here's my Lobster dish in late March 2019 SIN-PER.

It was disappointing.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Thanks bro, think I’ll def not eating lobster on my flight.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
Just did NRT- LAX (Business) a few days ago 6/2019

BTC Spare Ribs. It was good, but not amazing. The entree serving was slightly on the small side. Good thing I had a few bites from the lounge prior.
For lunch I had the black bean wok chicken from the menu, that was pretty good.

and of course, the Ramen Snack which was much better than my CPT-SIN a few years ago.

Last edited by san88; Jun 28, 2019 at 11:33 am
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:20 pm

BTC First Class Chashu Ramen Ex-Singapore July 2019

July 2019
SQ 12 Singapore to Tokyo Narita

Book the Cook – First Class
Chashu Ramen
Noodles in Soya Sauce flavored pork broth served with pork belly, half boiled egg, bamboo shoot, bean sprouts, seaweed and spring onion

Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:00 pm

Hi All. This will be my first time flying SIA in a few weeks. Can someone explain what BTC is vs the "inflight menu" that has 3 meal selections? SFO- SIN, SIN-SFO.

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Hi All. This will be my first time flying SIA in a few weeks. Can someone explain what BTC is vs the "inflight menu" that has 3 meal selections? SFO- SIN, SIN-SFO.

Thanks!
BTC is a choice you can select in advance of the flight that you would be served in lieu of the entree choices printed in the menu. There are several options available from SFO and many options available from SIN.

If you don't choose a BTC option in advance, you would choose from one of the entrees in the menu.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Is it possible, and how to BTC lunch menu (such as lobster, or Chilean sea bass chowder) for breakfast?
I hate airplane omelet and sausage, needs a change from that.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by antebellum
Is it possible, and how to BTC lunch menu (such as lobster, or Chilean sea bass chowder) for breakfast?
IME the options listed is appropriate for the meal (eg breakfast), BUT I've always found a choice (usually Asian) that suits me (I also won't eat airplane omelets - although there are some airlines that actually cook eggs on board in F but I can't remember if SQ is one since I usually don't eat eggs)
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by antebellum
i was successful doing this. Had to call in. Impressed they sent an email confirming it after I booked it.

Got a main course salad from BTC. Regrettably, it had no flavour and seemed very “tired”, despite containing lots of ingredients I love. Generous portion. They also offered to change it for something on regular menu.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by ASA_1

Thanks!
Two additions to chrisny2's answer: he used "entree" in the American sense, i.e. main course. And my advice would be that if you anticipate a lot of flying with SQ then you should choose the inflight meal whenever it looks appetising, as the BTC options change much less frequently and some of them are pretty much permanent offerings. Though they do also add new items to the BTC menu periodically, for example Bak Chor Mee, which I'm keen to try on an upcoming trip.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Bartolo

i was successful doing this. Had to call in. Impressed they sent an email confirming it after I booked it.

Got a main course salad from BTC. Regrettably, it had no flavour and seemed very “tired”, despite containing lots of ingredients I love. Generous portion. They also offered to change it for something on regular menu.
Thanks. They actually do email confirmation even for online BTC ex-MEL.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:24 am
THR

Originally Posted by chrisny2
BTC is a choice you can select in advance of the flight that you would be served in lieu of the entree choices printed in the menu. There are several options available from SFO and many options available from SIN.

If you don't choose a BTC option in advance, you would choose from one of the entrees in the menu.
Confusing. Didn't know Americans considered the entree the main...
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by THR
Confusing. Didn't know Americans considered the entree the main...
We do indeed. Not sure why. But yes, I meant the main course.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by estnet
IME the options listed is appropriate for the meal (eg breakfast), BUT I've always found a choice (usually Asian) that suits me (I also won't eat airplane omelets - although there are some airlines that actually cook eggs on board in F but I can't remember if SQ is one since I usually don't eat eggs)
A tip for others who may have similar flight habits as me, but when i fly the red-eyes ex-SIN to Europe/JFK, I will usually skip the supper main but still order my BTC or inflight main and ask them to keep that for my later meal. Either they already have this noted on my profile (I rarely take a full meal service for supper) or it's a norm to ask, they will offer to keep my main to be served if I'm hungry later, or i can choose which main to have for the subsequent two meals. I've found that they're pretty flexible to juggle the mains to be served with whichever meal service you designate, just make sure you alert them of this in advance so that they don't preload your meal to be heated. I try to do so before take off or at the latest when they come around with the post take-off drinks.
estnet likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:18 pm

Upcoming inflight menu didn't look too great for me so I just booked the following for me and my GF. I'll report back if it's any good.

LAX to SIN
Crab Ravioli
Chilean Sea Bass

SIN to SGN
Nasi Lemak
Char grilled Soya Beef

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.