Wiki Posts
Search

Booking SQ flights with pts...

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by imbisibol
You’d have to call or chat with them. Chat did not work for me and they would not release seats even if ExpertFlyer noted they were just still blocked. Others have had success with chat. Calling worked for me.
Chat or call before the official opening time period?
Old May 2, 2024, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
Chat or call before the official opening time period?
Chat or call right at T-96.
Old May 2, 2024, 4:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

Good to know... I have MLE-SIN-SFO booked for next year. Aside form the bulkhead seats, any particular location preferred over another?
Thanks
Honestly, they're all the same. I choose center seats since I'm flying with my husband.
Old May 2, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I choose center seats since I'm flying with my husband.
Is it fairly easy to get two award redemptions in biz on the LAX-SIN route?

Seems like award availability can vary greatly depending on the route (and airline of course but that's an entirely different matter). With SQ I noticed that SIN to LHR is the easiest one in Europe (barring maybe BCN which seems to gladly give away reward seats), but when I looked at Germany for instance I didn't have much luck.
Old May 2, 2024, 5:57 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by aster
I'm generally booking several months out and have flexibility within a week or so. I'm not often able to get the lowest award redemption but can get LAX-SIN or return at the higher.
Old May 2, 2024, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Seems like award availability can vary greatly depending on the route (and airline of course but that's an entirely different matter). With SQ I noticed that SIN to LHR is the easiest one in Europe (barring maybe BCN which seems to gladly give away reward seats), but when I looked at Germany for instance I didn't have much luck.
Depending on how flexible your dates are and how far in advance you can plan (as well as time of year) I would say it is fairly easy. I was looking to book MLE-SIN-LAX or SFO or IAH (I'm in STL) for April of next year. I found several possibilities to all 3 of those locations. And options for layover times as well in SIN.
Old May 2, 2024, 6:45 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm generally booking several months out and have flexibility within a week or so. I'm not often able to get the lowest award redemption but can get LAX-SIN or return at the higher.
Booking ahead and being flexible seem to be the key. Personally I only book saver awards (or I switch to burning miles from a different FFP) but when redeeming for more than one person I can see how that could strongly affect availability.

Depending on how flexible your dates are and how far in advance you can plan (as well as time of year) I would say it is fairly easy. I was looking to book MLE-SIN-LAX or SFO or IAH (I'm in STL) for April of next year. I found several possibilities to all 3 of those locations. And options for layover times as well in SIN.
I need to start planning now as I too am looking at April of next year, albeit on the SIN-Europe route. I just hope I'm not stuck with LHR as my only option due to Easter holidays around that time...
Old May 2, 2024, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Booking ahead and being flexible seem to be the key. Personally I only book saver awards (or I switch to burning miles from a different FFP) but when redeeming for more than one person I can see how that could strongly affect availability.

I need to start planning now as I too am looking at April of next year, albeit on the SIN-Europe route. I just hope I'm not stuck with LHR as my only option due to Easter holidays around that time...
April is open for booking... sooner the better...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.