Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bgriff
2005 - 2019 discussion can be found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/493018-book-cook-thread-47.html

Menus can be viewed at https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home
Print Wikipost

Book the cook 2020 onward

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
Made the mistake of ordering the shrimp and scallops ex-JFK
Oh dear. That was most certainly packed in a foil packet and dumped onto a plate.
Kevin Weldon likes this.

Last edited by 17cc; Mar 30, 2022 at 7:11 am
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by truncated
Made the mistake of ordering the shrimp and scallops ex-JFK because the entree selections on SQ23 were all meh (short rib, kai krapow, fried rice with fried pork), but what I got was even worse than the PY meals ex-JFK/EWR pre-covid:

2/10 would not recommend.
Yucks. I thought SQ diligently trains their crew on basic plating standards?
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:05 am

"Book the cook" Singapore Airlines

Hello all,

We are flying Singapore Airlines Business Class from Munich to Singapore on July 1. The website says: "Please note that you can order your desired dish only three months before your departure" (which would be today). However, when we log into the booking it says "You can select meals from 7 days before departure."

Does anyone know any advice?

Thanks in advance for helpful answers!

Many greetings
Chris

PS: I have unfortunately not found a suitable thread via the search function, hence the question.

Last edited by Christian Muc; Apr 1, 2022 at 11:10 am
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Christian Muc
Hello all,

We are flying Singapore Airlines Business Class from Munich to Singapore on July 1. The website says: "Please note that you can order your desired dish only three months before your departure" (which would be today). However, when we log into the booking it says "You can select meals from 7 days before departure."

Does anyone know any advice?

Thanks in advance for helpful answers!

Many greetings
Chris

PS: I have unfortunately not found a suitable thread via the search function, hence the question.
Thats most likely because the is currently no cook the book from many outstations. Your second quote is referring for the meal selection from the normal menu. Not book the cook. I dont know the exact timeline but i can already see the meal menu for my flight in mid-May.

On my flights book the cook is only available on flight departing Singapore.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:46 pm

If the inflight menu and book the cook menu have the same meal is there any difference between the two? Is the book the cook any nicer?
For example: The inflight menu from LAX to SIN has:
Grilled Salmon in Teriyaki Sauce
served with seasonal vegetables and steamed right.
One of the Book the Cook Options is:
Grilled Salmon with Teriyaki Sauce
Grilled salmon with tamago, seasonal vegetables and furikake yukari shiso. Served with flavored rice.

So it sounds like the book to cook one might be slightly upgraded?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:36 pm

Singapore Airlines are making efforts to ramp up operational aspects at many stations worldwide.

I suggest you check again 3 to 4 weeks prior to departure to see if there are any Book The Cook options available. You should also be able to view the inflight menu that will be served on that flight and compare what main course options you want following that.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:39 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Kat1919
If the inflight menu and book the cook menu have the same meal is there any difference between the two? Is the book the cook any nicer?
For example: The inflight menu from LAX to SIN has:
Grilled Salmon in Teriyaki Sauce
served with seasonal vegetables and steamed right.
One of the Book the Cook Options is:
Grilled Salmon with Teriyaki Sauce
Grilled salmon with tamago, seasonal vegetables and furikake yukari shiso. Served with flavored rice.

So it sounds like the book to cook one might be slightly upgraded?
It might be ... but it's not guaranteed; I've had BTC entrees that have not matched some of the finer points of detail described. Given that the regular menu item is so similar I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave you the regular menu item for BTC. But I guess if that would be your regular menu selection anyway, there is (probably) no harm in choosing the BTC version.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by endet
Thats most likely because the is currently no cook the book from many outstations. Your second quote is referring for the meal selection from the normal menu. Not book the cook. I dont know the exact timeline but i can already see the meal menu for my flight in mid-May.

On my flights book the cook is only available on flight departing Singapore.
hmmm did they change the 3 months timeline for book the cook?
there is no book the cook option anywhere for my flight in early July (departing Singapore or otherwise)
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Stormfly
hmmm did they change the 3 months timeline for book the cook?
there is no book the cook option anywhere for my flight in early July (departing Singapore or otherwise)
I am unaware of that. I can say that I was able to select BTC on February 24th for my flight on May 19th.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:31 pm

My bookings (for travel in July and August) say that meal selection can be done from 7 days in advance. Probably SQ haven't updated all parts of their website to match this policy. Maybe they are changing catering providers and haven't yet finalised the new contract.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by onlySIA
My bookings (for travel in July and August) say that meal selection can be done from 7 days in advance. Probably SQ haven't updated all parts of their website to match this policy. Maybe they are changing catering providers and haven't yet finalised the new contract.
I am quite sure that this refers to the selection of the normal onboard menu.

In MMB you should have 3 options. But once you selected to see the normal menu you need to click on that tiny back button to go to the menu where you would see BTC.

I am just assuming based on my experience with the website and how user unfriendly it sometimes can be.

Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:52 am

I am quite sure that this refers to the selection of the normal onboard menu.

In MMB you should have 3 options. But once you selected to see the normal menu you need to click on that tiny back button to go to the menu where you would see BTC.
I can't view BTC, special meals or inflight menu. These are my options in MMB, including ex-SIN segments that definitely should have BTC:

the Manage My Booking screen
endet and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 9:30 am

Thats either odd, or a glitch in the website. I was once able to select from the normal inflight menu departing ZRH. That was only possible for a few minutes and is back to "7 days before the flight".

I can't view BTC, special meals or inflight menu. These are my options in MMB, including ex-SIN segments that definitely should have BTC:

Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: Etihad, Qatar, and Marriott
I was able to do BTC for my flights in mid-June today via the website with no problems. I was unable to do BTC for my return flights, but those are not until late August, and thus why I suspect the BTC option was not available, yet.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:40 pm

Thats either odd, or a glitch in the website. I was once able to select from the normal inflight menu departing ZRH. That was only possible for a few minutes and is back to "7 days before the flight".
that's what my screen looks like too
Anyway, I have emailed SQ customer service to check why the BTC option isn't showing for me. Is it a bug or for whatever reasons BTC won't be available on my flight?
Due to the high volume though it will take up to 15 days to get a reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.