Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, Air NZ Gold. QF Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Was in the T3 SilverKris Lounge last night around 9.30pm expecting it to be super busy, given the pre-Christmas rush. Was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it was busy but had no problem finding 2 couch seats. Bit of a wait for a cocktail at the bar but otherwise no other issues. I think with the opening of all other SQ lounges, the T3 lounge has reached its equilibrium.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 3:48 am

Considering how crazy everywhere yesterday evening at the airport was, you must have been extremely lucky. We're on overdraft of pre-covid travel is seems, haven't seen the airport this busy even in 2019 much..
Old Dec 21, 2022, 11:04 pm

Is there typically a wait for the showers in T3 SKL during 16:00-18:00?

Haven't been there since Covid - is there body lotion in the shower room? What about after shave & cologne/perfume (as in the old days)?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:56 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sfvoyage

Haven't been there since Covid - is there body lotion in the shower room? What about after shave & cologne/perfume (as in the old days)?
Am not sure whether you're referring to the Business or First Class lounge, but either way I can't see you having any issues at that time. I regularly use the lounge at the peak of flight departures to Europe in the evening, and even then have always never had an issue finding a shower room post refurb.

From memory, there is body lotion and an EDT bottle in the shower room - I'll make sure I have a look when I'm travelling tomorrow evening.
sfvoyage and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT

On my last 2 trips, arriving from SFO at ~ 630 pm, there was a multi hour wait (1.5-2.5 hours) for a shower

both times I could not take one

yes they do have lotion and cologne in the shower rooms
Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:52 pm

I can now answer my own questions:

Yesterday, at around 16:00, there was no wait for shower rooms. And yes, there was body lotion and EDT (although both were in medium sized bottles that were only about 20% full).
Old Dec 24, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
(although both were in medium sized bottles that were only about 20% full).
So if anyone needs to use more than 20% of a bottle of body lotion they are going to be very disappointed!
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by onlySIA
So if anyone needs to use more than 20% of a bottle of body lotion they are going to be very disappointed!
Indeed! In my case, since the lotion is so thick, I could only access a very little amount via the pump, leaving most of that 20% at the bottom of the bottle. The alternative would be to unscrew the cap and shake it to get more out, but that would not be very hygienic. Poor design. But this discussion has now officially become tedious and crossed over to the TMI territory!
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:46 pm

I visited the T3 lounge on Wednesday after arriving on SQ23 at ~6:30am. There weren't any showers available until 8:30!

I ended up going to the T2 lounge since my connecting flight was departing from there anyway. I was able to immediately take a shower, and the atmosphere was much more relaxed.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by fast passenger
I visited the T3 lounge on Wednesday after arriving on SQ23 at ~6:30am. There weren't any showers available until 8:30!

I ended up going to the T2 lounge since my connecting flight was departing from there anyway. I was able to immediately take a shower, and the atmosphere was much more relaxed.
T3 is newer and nicer...just saying!
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: Qantas
Hi all, another shower question! In 4 weeks’ time I arrive on SQ222 around 2120 from SYD, looks like it lands at T2, I then leave on SQ22 to EWR at 0040 from T3. What do you think are my chances of getting a shower in? Should I try T2 first then go relax in T3? Or just head straight to T3? First time at Changi for me. Flying J so can use the lounges. It will be a Tuesday night, not sure if that makes a difference! Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Oaksdane
Hi all, another shower question! In 4 weeks’ time I arrive on SQ222 around 2120 from SYD, looks like it lands at T2, I then leave on SQ22 to EWR at 0040 from T3. What do you think are my chances of getting a shower in? Should I try T2 first then go relax in T3? Or just head straight to T3? First time at Changi for me. Flying J so can use the lounges. It will be a Tuesday night, not sure if that makes a difference! Thanks!
If showering is the priority, T2 lounge is the best option. We transited Changi a week ago, arriving at 18:30, and the conditions were precisely as described above. T2 lounge was empty, we showered and ate, then went to check out T3 and it was fairly crowded with a wait for a shower.
Oaksdane likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Oaksdane
I arrive on SQ222 around 2120 from SYD, looks like it lands at T2,
​​​​​​SQ can often vary the arrival terminal. Thus, you might arrive at T3 on the day.
Oaksdane likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 5:55 am

How does the shower queue work? Do I get to book a specific time slot or first in first out?

Have a 9:5 hr overnight layover and would prefer taking the shower early morning but it appears to be an extremely busy time. Wondering if putting down my name for a morning slot would work.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 6:59 am

It's a grainy photocopied-100-times form. You fill in your name and the timing the shower attendant tells you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.