The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Old Nov 25, 22, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler View Post
I visited the lounge in the beginning of November around 7pm and it was still full of guests, it was hard to find a seat. It eventually became more quiet around 7:30pm though. I asked for shower and was told the next slot is at 9:30pm so I went to the SK lounge in Terminal 2 where there was no wait and more tranquility

As lsquare wrote, T2 is not really a short walk from T3.
Last Friday, around 9pm the T3 lounge was absolutely packed. Not a single seat available unless you wanted to share a table with someone. I was quoted a shower window of around 11:45pm! There were no glasses left for wine, and it was just a total zoo.
That said, immediately left and went to the T2 lounge (since my flight left from there anyway) - totally empty. Maybe 5 pax total.

Fully understand it's a long trek between the two, but I wonder if people knew about the crowding beforehand, they'd at least "start" off at T2, then make their way over to T3 for their flight? Surely there must be a better way to balance the load.
Old Nov 25, 22, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
Last Friday, around 9pm the T3 lounge was absolutely packed. Not a single seat available unless you wanted to share a table with someone. I was quoted a shower window of around 11:45pm! There were no glasses left for wine, and it was just a total zoo.
That said, immediately left and went to the T2 lounge (since my flight left from there anyway) - totally empty. Maybe 5 pax total.

Fully understand it's a long trek between the two, but I wonder if people knew about the crowding beforehand, they'd at least "start" off at T2, then make their way over to T3 for their flight? Surely there must be a better way to balance the load.
It would be great if the front desk reps can call and ask about the lounge capacity. Honestly, T2 SKL isn't anything special and the only reason I would consider making the effort to go there is for the peace and quiet. T3 SKL is new and shiny. That attracts attention.
Old Nov 27, 22, 12:04 am

Even the First Class lounge is busy after 9pm
TPR also very busy after 10pm and kind of under staff.

​​​​​No baggage storage lockers in TPR is something they should consider to install. Some connecting passengers may want to do some duty free shopping after refreshing themselves.
Old Nov 27, 22, 12:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
Even the First Class lounge is busy after 9pm
TPR also very busy after 10pm and kind of under staff.

​​​​​No baggage storage lockers in TPR is something they should consider to install. Some connecting passengers may want to do some duty free shopping after refreshing themselves.
Adding storage lockers is not allowed at SIN due to security reasons, I was told.
Old Nov 27, 22, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jongesander View Post
Adding storage lockers is not allowed at SIN due to security reasons, I was told.
I think you mean airside. There is storage landside.
Old Nov 27, 22, 4:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I think you mean airside. There is storage landside.
Correct, landside your luggage will go through a security scan before it's stored.
Old Nov 28, 22, 5:30 am

Programs: AK
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
Sitting in the the T2 lounge right now, just a bit after 7pm and I think there may be 3 other people here. As you said, well worth the trek.

That said, if I had not read this thread, I never would have ventured over here even with my 23 hour layover (obviously left the airport but came back very, very early). Signage outside T2 is at best not informative and at worst, well, I saw some signs saying for lounges to stay in / go to T3.

From this thread, I came expecting crowds in T3 and grabbed a shower at the ambassador lounge via priority pass as soon as I got to the airport. Basic but no wait. Arrived in the T3 lounge around 5pm and could have skipped the first stop it was maybe 40% full with some of the big booth seats open and no issues getting any food except maybe French Fries. By the time I left at 6:30, it wasnt full but it was busy, food was moving quicker, good seats were mostly gone and it table tops or small seats were all that were left.

Wandered over here and sure, the seats are more basic domestic lounge style, the food lacks some of the made to order options and the freshness that comes from demand but the staff isnt overwhelmed, and I can take all the photos I want without having to dodge people. Plus I get some extra steps. Thanks flyetalk.

T2 seating

Mostly the same food as the T3 lounge

Edit/update: returned to T3 around 9pm as my gate is close by. Certainly busy but by no means packed tonight. Most hot food is still available but things like sandwiches, fruit cups, and the chicken nuggets are gone or close to right now.
HariOm and Cryofern like this.

Last edited by Ted S; Nov 28, 22 at 7:12 am
Old Nov 28, 22, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by jongesander View Post
SQ should think a solution for that.
Old Nov 28, 22, 7:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
used the paid storage counter airside recently, they make you open the bags and take a look. no computers etc at storage allowed.
Old Nov 29, 22, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nilsfr69 View Post
used the paid storage counter airside recently, they make you open the bags and take a look. no computers etc at storage allowed.
Where is this?
Old Nov 29, 22, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...e-storage.html Transit, Level 2, Departure Transit Hall (behind Maison De Chronus)

Operating Hours: 7am - 10pm
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 14, 22, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Read several reviews stating the SilverKris lounge bar doesn't open with bartender service until 17:30. I'm assuming it's still possible to mix your own drinks or get a glass of Champagne somewhere in the lounge before 17:30?

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 14, 22, 6:36 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, ITA ST Elite+, EY Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Dia. Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
Read several reviews stating the SilverKris lounge bar doesn't open with bartender service until 17:30. I'm assuming it's still possible to mix your own drinks or get a glass of Champagne somewhere in the lounge before 17:30?

-FlyerBeek
Yes, it is.
Old Dec 14, 22, 11:49 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post

-FlyerBeek
Hello FlyerBeek! Bar service hours for the T3 SilverKris Lounge are 5.30pm - 1am...

However, self service wine (including champagne), liquor and beer are always available. This was the selection that was there when I visited in mid Nov 2022:

More details on what this lounge offers can be found here (Link to external SQTalk site).
Alawyer likes this.
Old Dec 16, 22, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Yes, it is.
Originally Posted by sqyf View Post
Hello FlyerBeek! Bar service hours for the T3 SilverKris Lounge are 5.30pm - 1am...

However, self service wine (including champagne), liquor and beer are always available. This was the selection that was there when I visited in mid Nov 2022...
Thank you very much! Exactly what I was looking for and hoping to hear.

-FlyerBeek

Search this Thread