Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The *new* SilverKris Lounge at Changi T3

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:44 pm

Apologies if this is not quite the right forum for this question, since it's kinda more about the T2 SKL. I fully understand that the T2 SKL is old and tired compared to the new T3 one, but is the food and drink selection largely the same across the two? It's probably going to be more convenient for me to park up at T2 for my upcoming transit, and I'm not too bothered by older seating etc.
That said, how long does it take at an average pace to get from T3 SKL to the start of the F gates? Is it maybe actually not much longer than from T2 SKL, which I understand to be over near E gates?
Also sounds like T3 SKL can get very busy. Is that true of the morning, eg 630am - 900am?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I am beginning to think i am the only one brash enough to discover the SKL T3 Business Class snooze room,
or that my AIVD-Mossad skills are unparalled in by-passing SQ's hidden approach to the snooze room
or as a brash Geordielander i just snap a photo of everything as Singapore Tatler does

reading Ben Schlappig's OMAAT: Of 1 Feb 2023
https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/s...siness-lounge/
a mention of the rest area.....
Yet no photos of or directions to or instructions of the snooze room...

So remember: you saw & read it here first !
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Feb 2, 2023 at 12:53 am
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
I am beginning to think i am the only one brash enough to discover the SKL T3 Business Class snooze room,
or that my AIVD-Mossad skills are unparalled in by-passing SQ's hidden approach to the snooze room
or as a brash Geordielander i just snap a photo of everything as Singapore Tatler does

reading Ben Schlappig's OMAAT: Of 1 Feb 2023
https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/s...siness-lounge/
a mention of the rest area.....
Yet no photos of or directions to or instructions of the snooze room...

So remember: you saw & read it here first !
no. You are not the first. There are people here who have even draw a map of the location. Post 153.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34523776-post153.html
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 6:17 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, Air NZ Gold. QF Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jackmiles
Apologies if this is not quite the right forum for this question, since it's kinda more about the T2 SKL. I fully understand that the T2 SKL is old and tired compared to the new T3 one, but is the food and drink selection largely the same across the two? It's probably going to be more convenient for me to park up at T2 for my upcoming transit, and I'm not too bothered by older seating etc.
That said, how long does it take at an average pace to get from T3 SKL to the start of the F gates? Is it maybe actually not much longer than from T2 SKL, which I understand to be over near E gates?
Also sounds like T3 SKL can get very busy. Is that true of the morning, eg 630am - 900am?
It should only take around 5-10 min longer to get to the F gates from the T3 lounge compared to using the T2 lounge. The T2-T3 connecting train is actually near the F gates and is only a short walk from the T3 lounge.
jackmiles likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 6:58 pm

i'd say the evening bank of flights is worse than the morning bank
jackmiles likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
It was extremely busy in the morning when I was there in May 2022.
jackmiles likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:44 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by w000t
The evening lounge situation should improve somewhat now that it's been announced LH and LX are moving their operations back to T2 this month.
lokijuh, lsquare and Cthunder86 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Pies1311
It should only take around 5-10 min longer to get to the F gates from the T3 lounge compared to using the T2 lounge. The T2-T3 connecting train is actually near the F gates and is only a short walk from the T3 lounge.
Thanks, Pies. That's what I guessed, once I looked at the airport map, but good to have it confirmed.
Originally Posted by w000t
Thanks, w00t.
Originally Posted by lsquare
Thanks, Isquare. Although I think back then the other new lounges (F and TPR) had not opened yet so more pax were being directed to the SKL? And maybe T2 SKL was not open either?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, Pies. That's what I guessed, once I looked at the airport map, but good to have it confirmed.

Thanks, w00t.

Thanks, Isquare. Although I think back then the other new lounges (F and TPR) had not opened yet so more pax were being directed to the SKL? And maybe T2 SKL was not open either?
T2 SKL and KFG were closed at the time so it may very well have contributed to the crowding in T3 SKL.
jackmiles likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 12:44 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Lot of SE Asia flights in the morning (20 between 6am and 10am). These all shifted to T2 in October. There are also 20 T3 departures between 6am and 11am, so number of departing flights has halved in T3 since May. Whilst some connecting pax may still use T3 as it is newer/nicer, I guess a significant number now use the to T2 lounge.
lsquare and jackmiles like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Lot of SE Asia flights in the morning (20 between 6am and 10am). These all shifted to T2 in October. There are also 20 T3 departures between 6am and 11am, so number of departing flights has halved in T3 since May. Whilst some connecting pax may still use T3 as it is newer/nicer, I guess a significant number now use the to T2 lounge.
I can't imagine too many people walking from T2 to T3 and back. I tried this back in October 2022 and it was quite a walk.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:08 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I can't imagine too many people walking from T2 to T3 and back. I tried this back in October 2022 and it was quite a walk.
I was more thinking of those arriving at T3, who are connecting to a SE Asia flight, some might use the lounge there and proceed to T2 to board. Anyone who flies regularly through Changi and does this transfer would know the time to get from T3 lounge to the F gates in T2 is not that much longer than coming from the T2 lounge. I know if I arrived at and A gate in T3 and was connecting I’d just use the T3 lounge.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 7:43 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WISEMEN
I'm not too thrilled with their continuous supply issues with Piper Rare in the F section. Taittinger Prelude is by no means a like-for-life swap in my view...
Still the same Taittinger this week. Unfortunately, wasn't in the lounge during bartender hours so no info on supply matters.

Every time I'm here I can't help but ponder 'what were they thinking?'...it's really a dismal place.

Last edited by bpk6h; Feb 9, 2023 at 8:39 pm
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:07 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Still the same Taittinger this week. Unfortunately, wasn't in the lounge during bartender hours so no info on supply matters.

Every time I'm here I can't help but ponder 'what were they thinking?'...it's really a dismal place.
The F lounge is probably the biggest disappointment of the whole lounge refurbishment. Not that it's a bad lounge by any means, but it's just very dark during the day without the windows and there are too many missed opportunities to mention. Piper Rare is the main bright spot, especially when the other wines are pretty grim...

It might be worth writing in. I did last year and it was returned a couple of weeks later.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 12:53 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
One of the wines in the F lounge is the same wine they are currently serving on board J class (SQ318) 🤔

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.