Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:29 am

The SQ London ticket office has total empathy of the situation and is fully aware of the Cunard passenger upheaval involving pax that were due to board the ship at both HKG and SIN and SQ have moved those passengers to other flights or refunded them.

BUT in my case I have to deal with SQ in BKK and they are not budging on a full refund for me - do you understand now?

SQ in BKK SHOULD know and also have empathy in what is going on and that Cunard pax (1000's of them) cannot board the ship if they have been or will transit in SIN
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by rog747
The SQ London ticket office has total empathy of the situation and is fully aware of the Cunard passenger upheaval involving pax that were due to board the ship at both HKG and SIN and SQ have moved those passengers to other flights or refunded them.

BUT in my case I have to deal with SQ in BKK and they are not budging on a full refund for me - do you understand now?

SQ in BKK SHOULD know and also have empathy in what is going on and that Cunard pax (1000's of them) cannot board the ship if they have been or will transit in SIN
That SQ refunds HKG ticket is a different matter. It is from Europe, or UK to HKG, transiting SIN. SQ reduces flights to HKG and offers waiver. There is no waiver in placefor BKK-CPT, transiting SIN. Waiver is not required, either, as the flight operates normally.

SQ does nothing wrong, so it does not have to refund without penalty. If SQ does refund without penalty, it is out of kindness. It is not to be taken advantage of.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by rog747

from Cunard website , pax who transit via SIN/BKK can board but subject to additional screening.

Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
That SQ refunds HKG ticket is a different matter. It is from Europe, or UK to HKG, transiting SIN. SQ reduces flights to HKG and offers waiver. There is no waiver in placefor BKK-CPT, transiting SIN. Waiver is not required, either, as the flight operates normally.

SQ does nothing wrong, so it does not have to refund without penalty. If SQ does refund without penalty, it is out of kindness. It is not to be taken advantage of.

agreed. Maybe can just ask SQ to refund as credit instead to be used by certain dates.

Frankly speaking, looking at many comments in SQ Facebook, everyone with different destination are asking for refunds. Some from
SG traveling to Japan/London are asking for refunds because they said SIN raised the warning level to Orange n it is dangerous to travel oversea? I dun get the logic at all. Some just transiting also asking for refunds. SQ have actually offered different fare types but everyone usually just go for the cheapest.

And in such situation, travel insurance should come in handy.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:12 am

SQ is offering full refund or waiving change fee for any flight to or from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau.

If your ticket does not involve these ports, you will not entitle full refund or fee waiver.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by jjjohn
SQ is offering full refund or waiving change fee for any flight to or from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau.

If your ticket does not involve these ports, you will not entitle full refund or fee waiver.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=is5rire4

I got my redemption ticket to Taipei cancelled FREE! Only need to tell them this:

Waiver Policy for Customers unable to travel due to Entry or Transit Restrictions

We will waive all cancellation and change fees for customers with tickets issued on or before 8 February 2020 for travel on any Singapore Airlines or SilkAir operated flights from 1 February 2020 to 31 March 2020. The new travel date must commence on or before 31 August 2020.

The key word here is '
ANY'. No need to prove you cannot travel due to entry or transit restrictions.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: KF
Originally Posted by vsepr

I got my redemption ticket to Taipei cancelled FREE! Only need to tell them this:

Waiver Policy for Customers unable to travel due to Entry or Transit Restrictions

We will waive all cancellation and change fees for customers with tickets issued on or before 8 February 2020 for travel on any Singapore Airlines or SilkAir operated flights from 1 February 2020 to 31 March 2020. The new travel date must commence on or before 31 August 2020.

The key word here is '
correct, provided South Africa government announced that no entry or transit for passengers arriving from Bangkok/Singapore, then you can use your "ANY"....... Granted that the cruise line has its own advisory, a cruise line is not a government, they cannot impose it to airlines bringing passengers from Thailand/Singapore to Capetown to join their ship. Passengers on cruise should book the cruise and airlines together to avoid this scenario.

Last edited by wanderer9020; Feb 13, 2020 at 11:18 am
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:07 am

The key word here is '
have you traveled to China or HK in the past 14 days period to tpe? Or holding China or HK passport?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by jjjohn
have you traveled to China or HK in the past 14 days period to tpe? Or holding China or HK passport?
I hold a Singapore passport. There is no need to prove anything. Just inform them of the new waiver rules at the website. Most important thing is tickets issued on or before 8 February 2020 for travel on any Singapore Airlines or SilkAir operated flights from 1 February 2020 to 31 March 2020.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: krisflyer
I hold a Singapore passport. There is no need to prove anything. Just inform them of the new waiver rules at the website. Most important thing is tickets issued on or before 8 February 2020 for travel on any Singapore Airlines or SilkAir operated flights from 1 February 2020 to 31 March 2020.
Then do you have entry or transit restrictions to Taiwan?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
No. There is no need to prove anything. Even if they ask, just say you have entry or transit restrictions to Taiwan. No need to prove anything.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:41 pm

The key word here is '
This is definitely not how SQ customer service is interpreting this language. When you talk to them, they are saying that this waiver only applies to, as noted in the headline of that paragraph, customers unable to travel due to entry or transit restrictions.

I have a vacation booked for LAX-SIN-DPS. I no longer wish to go to either SIN or DPS due to the coronavirus risk, and unless something changes in their position, I'm eating the tickets.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
his one is redemption ticket as per his earlier msg. I think SQ will be willing waive off the cancellation charge. But for a PAID ticket , SQ would need the proof.

Maybe can just Buy a fully refundable ticket from China (within 14 days of SQ flight) and show it to SQ and then cancel after that.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:45 pm

What exactly did SQ do wrong in this case?

Does Cape Town stop accepting passengers from Singapore/Thailand?
They're refusing to bend their rules in this worldwide health (and travel) crisis as other more reasonable travel providers have done.

So asking them to cancel (or even waive the change fee) for a ticket I purchased to get to a cruise that has now been cancelled is taking advantage of them?

Last edited by MisterBill; Feb 13, 2020 at 6:53 pm
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by MisterBill
They're refusing to bend their rules in this worldwide health (and travel) crisis as other more reasonable travel providers have done.

US has more than one flu epidemic. How many flights were cancelled and rules were bent for refund?

If your travel does not involve Great China, there is no reason not to travel and the flights operate normally, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.