Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

The 'new' SQ21/SQ22 (A350-900ULR): reviews, trip reports, best/worst seats and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 'new' SQ21/SQ22 (A350-900ULR): reviews, trip reports, best/worst seats and more

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2023, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by snic
Totally disagree. Flew this a couple of months ago and there was a PDB and was offered beverage rapidly after take-off. Meals were very good (BTC). Service from the FAs was absolutely outstanding in every way, as it's been on pretty much every other SQ flight I've been on. (No hot towel, though. Supposedly they've been reinstated, but I guess not consistently.)
Aren't you the lucky fellow. Then it really means the standards are decelerating rapidly because I was on the flight arriving this morning. That's quite a drop from two months till now.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Hot towels are only back in First and Business Class. They will be coming back to PY and Y at the end of the year.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 6:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Indepth analysis in HD from Kevin:

Get2DaChopper likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: S.E, Preferred Select, SPG Platinum
SQ21 - EWR to SIN what time to arrive at EWR

What time should I arrive at EWR for this flight? I will be traveling with 2 kids (7 and 10) plus wife. We have Nexus so have TSA Precheck and will be staying close to the airport and have a few bags to check. Would appreciate some of your insights so I can plan accordingly.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:58 am

Departure is at 0935 now and you'll be fine getting there at 0730.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by 1st Class Gekko
What time should I arrive at EWR for this flight? I will be traveling with 2 kids (7 and 10) plus wife. We have Nexus so have TSA Precheck and will be staying close to the airport and have a few bags to check. Would appreciate some of your insights so I can plan accordingly.
Did EWR-SIN recently on PY. No queue to check in, only took about 10 minutes to get through regular TSA, very minimal walk to get from TSA screening area to gates. I think I got to Terminal B around 7.05am, and had done check in and was through TSA screening by maybe 7.35am.

But there is almost nothing to do in the section of EWR Terminal B after TSA screening. I remember one shop and one restaurant/bar/pub. No coffee shops although there are a couple of Illy coffee machines. So bring something to occupy time for however long there is between getting through TSA screening and boarding. (There is a Starbucks right outside TSA screening, in retrospect I should have just sat there with a coffee for a while before going through TSA screening...)
Old Mar 12, 2024, 1:02 am

As late as you can reasonably make it. It's less than 5 minutes by foot to the gate, and there is pretty much nothing after security (one open restaurant, one small shop)

Security is pretty much only for the SQ flight at that time..

I'd say, if you're heading from close the airport, arriving 90 minutes before departure (for the 9.35am that would mean 8am) is perfectly fine.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:22 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
How well traveled are your kids? How long is your trip to the airport? Are you traveling during the morning rush hour (weekday vs weekend)? The comments so far seem to be of the solo traveler "spend as little time in the airport as possible" variety, but the downside of missing your flight because you cut it too close it a pretty lengthy wait for the next one. Also if you're in J or otherwise eligible you should have access to the BA lounge (sadly no more VS Clubhouse).
progapanda likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 9:29 am

Programs: Asia Miles Korean Air Skypass Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles
Originally Posted by bennos
How well traveled are your kids? How long is your trip to the airport? Are you traveling during the morning rush hour (weekday vs weekend)? The comments so far seem to be of the solo traveler "spend as little time in the airport as possible" variety, but the downside of missing your flight because you cut it too close it a pretty lengthy wait for the next one. Also if you're in J or otherwise eligible you should have access to the BA lounge (sadly no more VS Clubhouse).
if they are in business class then they should have access to United Airlines Polaris Lounge because the Singapore Airlines business class ticket will be seen as another Star Alliance business and first class ticket by the United Airlines Polaris Lounge staff. From the other Threads here This one is about Lufthansa Polaris lounge access Terminal C first and business class. What they can do is check in in Terminal B take the air train to Terminal C then use the air side shuttle from terminal C to Terminal B where Singapore Airlines is departing.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by allianceflyer9506
if they are in business class then they should have access to United Airlines Polaris Lounge because the Singapore Airlines business class ticket will be seen as another Star Alliance business and first class ticket by the United Airlines Polaris Lounge staff. From the other Threads here This one is about Lufthansa Polaris lounge access Terminal C first and business class. What they can do is check in in Terminal B take the air train to Terminal C then use the air side shuttle from terminal C to Terminal B where Singapore Airlines is departing.
I don't believe this part is accurate. The United air-side shuttle from Term C to Term B only runs from 1pm to 11pm.
allianceflyer9506 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Additionally, the shuttle only stops at the western part of Term B, without airside connection to the eastern part of Term B, where SQ usually departs.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
I'm on SQ 23/24 in June with my partner. Are the 11-17 D/F seats better or the 19-29 D/F?
Same here. Flying at the beginning of April. Which would you choose assuming we can't snag the bulkheads? The smaller front cabin or the larger rear cabin? I've flown it alone before and no seats in the front cabin were ever available by the time I booked which in itself could be an indication.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:04 pm

Programs: Asia Miles Korean Air Skypass Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles
Shuttle help

Originally Posted by Fubar1323
Additionally, the shuttle only stops at the western part of Term B, without airside connection to the eastern part of Term B, where SQ usually departs.
How would I tell the shuttle driver if it's operational to stop at where SQ21 departs at from Terminal B? Remember there will be SQ Business Class flyers using the UA Polaris lounge and thanks for the answer. Regarding the SQ21/22 EWR-SIN-EWR the flight from EWR-SIN SQ21 has a poor timing to TR SIN-DVO for me and my brother. Should I do it as SQ23 JFK-SIN and then TR SIN-DVO to avoid SQ21 having an overnight layover for TR SIN-DVO? The return trip which is TR DVO-SIN does connect well with SQ22 SIN-EWR

Last edited by allianceflyer9506; Mar 22, 2024 at 11:16 pm Reason: missing future plan
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:27 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
How would I tell the shuttle driver if it's operational to stop at where SQ21 departs at from Terminal B? Remember there will be SQ Business Class flyers using the UA Polaris lounge and thanks for the answer. Regarding the SQ21/22 EWR-SIN-EWR the flight from EWR-SIN SQ21 has a poor timing to TR SIN-DVO for me and my brother. Should I do it as SQ23 JFK-SIN and then TR SIN-DVO to avoid SQ21 having an overnight layover for TR SIN-DVO? The return trip which is TR DVO-SIN does connect well with SQ22 SIN-EWR
You can't tell the driver anything....the shuttle doesn't operate in the morning when SQ departs. There really won't be SQ passengers using Polaris. But if you want to go there, after check-in at Terminal B, take the Airtrain to Terminal C. You may need to explain to TSA why you want access to Terminal C as you go through security. After you have experienced the Polaris lounge, you will need to allow enough time to exit Terminal C, take the Airtrain back to Terminal B and go through TSA/Security again.

As for JFK or EWR, that's really up to you.
Fubar1323 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:30 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I would not recommend a family of four switching terminals at EWR for the sake of using the Polaris Lounge instead of the BA lounge, even if the airside bus were running, unless they are several hours early and everyone in the family is a planespotter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.